onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Salford City

Advert

They've been ploughing money in for years.

Jack Redshaw turned down L1 Rochdale to sign for the National League North with them last season!

I dispise them.

When they inevitably end up in the football league we'll have all the "what a great story" nonsense shoved down our throat. Money won't be mentioned.

They've been ploughing money in for years.

Jack Redshaw turned down L1 Rochdale to sign for the National League North with them last season!

I dispise them.

When they inevitably end up in the football league we'll have all the "what a great story" nonsense shoved down our throat. Money won't be mentioned.

Totally agree, sadly they won't be the last. I believe Billericay are on their way as well before too long:sad:

Some will disagree but I just find it wrong, like Fleetwood before Salford had the money invested they'd spent most of their history around steps 3 and 4 of the non-league pyramid.

The only people I feel pleased for are the fans who've genuinely been going to Salford City for a long time and supported them at their lower ebbs.

All I read on this forum is how Smurfthwaite needs to invest money into the team so as to improve the on field product. Yet when other owners (especially non league) do it, all I read is derision about “moneybags” non league upstarts ! Talk about double standards !

I personally hope these sides do well. If an owner is prepared to invest heavily in his team (which is what the vast majority of Vale fans want Smurf to do) I say good luck to them.

All I read on this forum is how Smurfthwaite needs to invest money into the team so as to improve the on field product. Yet when other owners (especially non league) do it, all I read is derision about “moneybags” non league upstarts ! Talk about double standards !

I personally hope these sides do well. If an owner is prepared to invest heavily in his team (which is what the vast majority of Vale fans want Smurf to do) I say good luck to them.

I don't believe the vast majority of Vale fans want the owner to throw money at the club. I think the vast majority would just appreciate a little more transparency in the finances of the club. According to Norman, he has already thrown in £3 million and look where that's got us.

Can't stand Neville. He's throwing his weight round like a massive *** with his various vanity projects and until the recent local elections he had Trafford Council in his back pocket.

Hopefully he won't be building Salford's new training ground on green belt land now.

There is a difference in investment expectations between a club with almost 50 seasons in the Championship languishing in L2, and amateur minnows with 2000 seat grounds!!!

Can't stand Neville. He's throwing his weight round like a massive *** with his various vanity projects and until the recent local elections he had Trafford Council in his back pocket.

Hopefully he won't be building Salford's new training ground on green belt land now.

I really don’t get this antagonism towards Neville and others of a similar ilk. All they are trying to do is to get the best for their club and, no doubt, for their financial investment. What’s wrong with that ?

More’s the pity that we don’t have an owner with a congruent mindset.

Fair points but what is Salford's natural fanbase? 5 years ago they were averaging less than 200 in the Northern Premier League and 10 years 150ish in the North West Counties.

There's now getting 1600 on avg. I just think these clubs are being bankrolled beyond their means, there's only so far you can take a side. You can certainly build a club up which they've done increasing their avg gates that much but I'd imagine most clubs would gain fans if they went up 3 or 4 levels pretty quickly. You tell me they'd all still be going if the Neville's suddenly pulled their money out! I seriously doubt it!

Give me a good old fashioned side like Barrow or Gateshead anyday over that, they have a proud history and a decent non-league fanbase without being bankrolled to it.

I really don’t get this antagonism towards Neville and others of a similar ilk. All they are trying to do is to get the best for their club and, no doubt, for their financial investment. What’s wrong with that ?

Partly the way he's trying to concrete over any remaining green spaces left in Manchester, the daft plans he's got for the old Police station, the new university he wants to build next to the cricket ground... I could go on.

Fair points but what is Salford's natural fanbase? 5 years ago they were averaging less than 200 in the Northern Premier League and 10 years 150ish in the North West Counties.

There's now getting 1600 on avg. I just think these clubs are being bankrolled beyond their means, there's only so far you can take a side. You can certainly build a club up which they've done increasing their avg gates that much but I'd imagine most clubs would gain fans if they went up 3 or 4 levels pretty quickly. You tell me they'd all still be going if the Neville's suddenly pulled their money out! I seriously doubt it!

Give me a good old fashioned side like Barrow or Gateshead anyday over that, they have a proud history and a decent non-league fanbase without being bankrolled to it.

I don’t disagree with your comments, but virtually every side buys success, or relative success. Utd do, Liverpool do, Chelsea do, et al.

Yes they have a much larger fanbase, but they ALL live way beyond their means and continue to turn in annual losses. These type of clubs still do a “Salford” through various means, but just on a much much greater scale.

Look what Wolves have done this season for example. Clearly the best team in the Championship, but at what cost ? And where has that money come from ? Heavy investment, just like Salford ! The only difference is the level of investment.

I don’t disagree with your comments, but virtually every side buys success, or relative success. Utd do, Liverpool do, Chelsea do, et al.

Yes they have a much larger fanbase, but they ALL live way beyond their means and continue to turn in annual losses. These type of clubs still do a “Salford” through various means, but just on a much much greater scale.

Look what Wolves have done this season for example. Clearly the best team in the Championship, but at what cost ? And where has that money come from ? Heavy investment, just like Salford ! The only difference is the level of investment.

Spot on,it's all about the money.

Spend big,get big.

Archived