onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Chesterfield

Fosse69

Doha, have you got one of the incident that led to the free kick they scored from? Looked like an air shot to me rather than him being fouled but obviously I could be wrong.

Just watched it on ifollow.Miskick and fell over.Hannant was running behind him but I really don’t think he clipped him.Monty certainly didn’t.

Advert

CHEATS.

That referee, ALREADY demoted from the Championship, MUST be removed from the referee panel altogether. Fkucing appalling! That obscene decision to give what was basically a free goal for a Chesterfield player tripping himself up after kicking the floor could on another day had we not gone on to win have ended up with us being relegated! It is totally unacceptable that such critical decisions are being allowed to be made by incompetents like Tony Harrington.

A6jC5Jf.gif

JLM5VPZ.gif

Very rarely lose my rag with the officials I as often think they get most decisions right in a difficult job, but he was atrocious yesterday.

The Hannant elbow is a straight red; Doherty got sent off for the same offence in the Wolves v Boro game last night. The freekick they scored from is their lad tripping himself up.

There was one decision were Monty was fouled under the linesman's nose in the 2nd half. He gave nothing and the ref, 30 yards away and with players in his line of vision, blew his whistle.

Its particularly galling that Lester has come out and said that they got nothing in the second half. The only major decision he got right all day was Pugh's red card.

TBF when I saw the Hannant incident from the Railway Paddock I thought that it was just a coming together with their guy not seeing Hannant at all, looking at that it's an assault and a certain red. No attempt to get the ball at all and in with his shoulder/elbow.

Can't believe on their forum also that certain posters are saying that they dominated the game, up until the sending off there was only 1 winner, they never had a kick. Obviously the red did make a difference and I was fearing the worst at half time, almost leaving as I couldn't handle it. We coped pretty well and I was impressed with how we dealt with what were a pretty poor side, deserving the win.

Note also that not a single one of them mentions the giving of the none free kick.

CHEATS.

That referee, ALREADY demoted from the Championship, MUST be removed from the referee panel altogether. Fkucing appalling! That obscene decision to give what was basically a free goal for a Chesterfield player tripping himself up after kicking the floor could on another day had we not gone on to win have ended up with us being relegated! It is totally unacceptable that such critical decisions are being allowed to be made by incompetents like Tony Harrington.

A6jC5Jf.gif

JLM5VPZ.gif

It was an absolutely disgusting refereeing performance, and that’s even with me agreeing with Pugh’s being a red. The elbow just beggars belief; it’s not so much a red card more GBH. I would love to know exactly what he’d seen to think a yellow card was justified. And how Lester could then say he went about evening things up after the red is ludicrous.

TBF when I saw the Hannant incident from the Railway Paddock I thought that it was just a coming together with their guy not seeing Hannant at all, looking at that it's an assault and a certain red. No attempt to get the ball at all and in with his shoulder/elbow.

Can't believe on their forum also that certain posters are saying that they dominated the game, up until the sending off there was only 1 winner, they never had a kick. Obviously the red did make a difference and I was fearing the worst at half time, almost leaving as I couldn't handle it. We coped pretty well and I was impressed with how we dealt with what were a pretty poor side, deserving the win.

Note also that not a single one of them mentions the giving of the none free kick.

Same here with my view from the Paddock, I initially thought it was more than their guy miss judged the ball and stopped and Hannant ran into him. Looking at the vid he clearly knows Hannant is there and clearly moves his elbow up to meet him.

Red card all day long and you'd expect a Championship referee with a view much closer than me to get that right.

Thanks Doha, no debate about it that was never a free kick in a million years, exactly as it appeared at the time. We were laughing at the air shot then the ref pointed for a free kick. Couldn't believe it! From the position it was in it was obviously going to give them a high chance of scoring, probably why Hannant changed his mind and pulled out of making a challenge which, ironically, would have given them a free kick in a very dangerous position.

Thanks so much for sharing those incidents. I'm never confident that I see things clearly, even though I try to be objective.

Pugh was right. Too pumped up. Should know better.

The other two the ref got completely and horrendously wrong.

For the record, I called all three right.

Such is the quality of view from the Railway Stand. :-)

Red card all day long and you'd expect a Championship referee with a view much closer than me to get that right.

He isn't a Championship referee anymore, he was demoted for incompetence.

I hope Aspin absolutely batters him in his post match report. This sunday league standard is not good enough.

They were absolutely dog. Thought Hines might pose a few problems early doors but Raglan quickly shut him down. Drew Talbot put in one of the most shambolic individual performances I've seen from a pro; never before have I see such panic as I saw from him when Worrall kept knocking the ball past him.

We battered them first half, and they only scored off an incorrectly awarded freekick.

How they contrived to equalise against 10 men, gain a bit of momentum, and then still throw it away is why they'll be a conference side next season.

Shame, I use to quite like Saltergate; the soulless bowl they inhabit these days less so.

Archived