onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Chesterfield

Fosse69

Advert

Looking at the highlights I’d say that the ref was probably right to send Pugh off. It’s one of those challenges that looks a lot worse than it is and the player made an absolute meal out of it. However, that doesn’t make up for the totally inept display from the ref. I’m not sure why their manager is complaining, they wouldn’t have scored without help from the ref awarding a free kick because their lad fell over.

A special mention for Hannant thought he was superb again .

I watched the highlights earlier and it didnt show the effort from a goal kick for Vale where Pope or Barnett flicked it on and he flashed it just wide .

He will score at Crewe i feel

UTV

not on twitter but found this seems level headed guy , but also credits ben whitfield certainly a team player

https://twitter.com/lukehannant

Agreed. They were doing it out of respect and leaving it to the professional

He wasn’t a professional mate, hes Joe Bloggs who stumbled across what looked like a guy having a heart attack, and despite asking numerous people to help in any way (stay with the guy whilst he went look for the paramedics, comfort the poor bloke in any way possible) they had a peek and kept walking. Hope it isnt them next time....

Apart from which, he gave them plenty before the sending off, notably not sending their bloke off for nearly taking Hannant head off.

Totally agree - any footage of the Hannant incident or the dubious free kick for their equaliser?

Think he was spot on with Pugh sending off though - poor touch from Tonge and Pugh lunged high and reckless.

My take on yesterday...Boot has done OK but feel we need a better keeper. Don't know what Tonge offers? apart from that I thought they all played well. Star men were Worrall (4 of him in your side and you would be ok) Monty and I thought Anthony Kay was just what the doctor ordered for the last 20 minutes ! Oh and Hannant and Howkin are getting better with every game.

Luke Hannant is an absolute gem. You can tell by watching him that once he’s got more experience of league football he’s most likely going to play at a higher level. He’s a total professional as well. He makes the odd mistake but you can forgive him for it when he’s always at least trying to create something going forward. He should also be taking corners and free kicks as the few he took after Tonge went off were all very dangerous. He’s also our only player that can play a 30 yard forward pass directly to somebody.

Did anybody else notice yesterday that Hannant and Worrall kept swapping sides? I thought that worked quite well as both can use both feet.

Just thought I'd post a massive thank you to all the players and coaching staff for yesterday. Not going to criticise anybody ,as we need to get over the line. You, the fans, were superb and the atmosphere after Whitfield scored was electric. Let's carry it on to Crewe on Monday 👍👍

Having looked at it I agree that the ref was correct to send Pugh off but what was Tongue thinking giving that stupid pass in the first place? Also their guy should have gone early doors without a shadow of a doubt the ref bottled that one because it was so early in the game which, obviously, should make no bloody difference.

Tonge and Barnett must be the two slowest players in professional football. Chesterfield allowed the fatal mistake of allowing the ball to bounce in their penalty area first half - TB simply walked away from it instead of running to intercept the bounce!!!!!

There’s a reason he got jeered by three sides of the ground when he finally got involved in play a few minutes later. Either horrendously unfit or totally disinterested. You choose, the result is the same.

In terms of next year I think our crucial Spine in the team would be Montaño, Smith, Kay, Worrall, Hannant and Pope.

I would love to extend Whitfield’s deal for another season.

It would be worth trying to get Howkins again.

I would take a risk and try for Harness again as long as Burton were paying him. He has slowly gotten better as the season has progressed. What he is currently lacking in experience and developed ability he tries to make up for in effort which stands out a mile when he’s playing alongside grandad Tonge. Three months in the summer of strength training and going through a behaviour correction programme by being zapped by Aspin with a cattle prod every time he takes a touch too many like he does at the moment and I think he has the raw potential to be useful next season.

Archived