onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Norman Smurthwaite - Supporters Club Mtg

robf

Advert

If I were to play devil's advocate for a moment:

How is NS making money out of the club (as some are claiming) if he is having to put his own money in to keep us afloat?

Is it right to keep harping back to the sacking of Page and appointment of Bruno, etc. when NS has admitted his mistakes and done the right thing by appointing JR & NA, which the vast majority of fans saw as a masterstroke?

Wouldnt we all have taken our current league position when Brown was sacked?

Is it fair to say that NS has not backed the manager when the manager himself admitted that the only time he has not agreed with the owner is over the signing of Gunning when there is a valid argument to say he was right to not give in to pay demands of one individual and risk derailing the pay structure (was Gunning really deserving of being the 2nd highest paid player in the club - remembering that he couldn't get a club in the summer?)

NA has said himself that the January transfer window is not the time to rebuild, which leads me to assume that there were no players available who would have improved us without breaking our pay structure.

If NA is not backed by NS in the summer, NA strikes me as the type of person to not hang around, so that for me will be the litmus test of whether NS is true to his word.

Do people just expect the owner of a football club to have bottomless pockets. Is that why NS is so unpopular? Hasn't NS said that he would step aside if such an owner were to present themselves? What would Synectics do differently?

Whilst it might sound like I am supporting Smurf I am really trying to understand why it has all reached a crescendo now.

Reasonable questions and some could be true. Smurf will show evidence that he has put money in to the club if and when he writes off the clubs debts to him, until that day happens then he cannot say he has given a penny to the club. I don’t know wether or not he has taken money from the club, my guess would be yes he has because where has the £200k gone from the 3rd parties who paid to see the books, where did the £350k go from the sale of Grant and Alnwick, also what has been given to the club from the sale of Hughill but ultimately if there is nothing in it for him then why the hell is he still here?, he doesn’t love the club, he hates the fans and he’s had very good offers to take the club off his hands.

He may well give Aspin all the support in the world close season but it cannot whipe out all the damage he has already done. He is a parasite who needs to go before there is no PVFC to support.

Presently? No idea. If you divide the 2015/16 turnover by 12, it comes to an average of something like £270K per month.

Add to that the £160k a month we are losing that makes the running costs of the club £430k. Norman said last night that the playing budget was £1.6 million so that is £134,000 a month. So that means we have expenditure on other wages and running costs of nearly £300k a month. We must have the highest paid non playing staff in the league! No wonder Speedie has just bought a Ferrari!!

Presently? No idea. If you divide the 2015/16 turnover by 12, it comes to an average of something like £270K per month.

So it doesn't look like there is much to hive off in order to make paying in £160k a month seem attractive. This is my point, I just don't see the evidence that NS is benefiting financially.

The club was losing 80k a month a few years ago, tonight he says it's 140k. In reply to a question re Pope he says he doesn't regret having to reduce the cost of running the club.

Conclusion, three possible options, he's lying somewhere, he's incompetent, or both.

I think I'm not far off when I say that he's using the club as a tax loss, a huge wedge of tax relief against profits from his other businesses whilst only shelling out coppers on the playing side then wanting £800,000 off the supporters which would finish up in the bank of Norm,he's a two faced tvvat who has been well schooled by his mentor and that says it all.

IF, if I was a money grabbing scoundrel and I owned a football club, I would form another company and separate the ground from the club. Then I would charge the club a monthly rental so that I could put it in the bank of my ground owning company, or invest into another company.

I would form another company for the sport sales shop so that I could get a monthly rental to be paid to my ground owning company so that I could bank the cash, or invest it into another company along with the shop profits.

I would raise the football match admission to as high as I dared, then criticise the fans for not buying enough season tickets.

Mmm I would then be thinking of how I could cipher off more money from the club. There must be other ways?

Archived