onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Norman Smurthwaite - Supporters Club Mtg

robf

Advert

I had few expectations from Thursday night.

What I got was much more than expected.

It looks as clear as day to me.

He either doesn't have a clue, or he is deliberately running the club into the ground.

I think it is the former, with the consequence being that the latter will happen.

I guess I hoped for some signs of hope, but got none.

I think there is some hope of staying up this season, but I only see more of the same as things stand, so no real hope.

Last season it was target championship, we went down.

This season it's target league one, we have struggled and been dreadful.

Next season...

If you keep doing the same thing, you will get the same outcome...

How many do you think would SHO,Source?1000 STs = 300k,2000Sts = 600k etc.If he’s finding what he says every month,do you think he couldn’t find the extra shortfall?

He could fund the running of the club if he chose to but will he? My point is it may suit him to let it go under then blame it on the fans for not chucking more money in to 'save' it, or in other words pay for his mismanagement.

After hearing about/reading about the shambles that is NS on Thursday night I think the vast majority of fans have lost any last hope we had. We need a potential new owner to galvanise the supporters and come up with a plan to move forwards without NS. That may mean leaving VP to continue the club. It's risky. It's worked for some but failed for others. Brighton and Coventry spring to mind. I for one feel that my season ticket money cannot go anywhere near a club that NS has any control over. It would be a waste of money. I'd pledge my season ticket money to a campain/ fund led by a potential new owner in the hope that it could save our club.

After hearing about/reading about the shambles that is NS on Thursday night I think the vast majority of fans have lost any last hope we had. We need a potential new owner to galvanise the supporters and come up with a plan to move forwards without NS. That may mean leaving VP to continue the club. It's risky. It's worked for some but failed for others. Brighton and Coventry spring to mind. I for one feel that my season ticket money cannot go anywhere near a club that NS has any control over. It would be a waste of money. I'd pledge my season ticket money to a campain/ fund led by a potential new owner in the hope that it could save our club.

I propose a "Goodbye Norman, Hello Carol" campaign. I think we need to be far more vociferous in support of Carol Shanahan. Don't waste our breath on singing about Smurthwaite, he's not worth the effort.

I hope NS leaves before Summer having recovered his losses and dignity. I hope a new owner arrives who has the devotion and realism to accept Port Vale will lose significant money unless it is somehow transformed and the support base quadrupled.

We love you Carol, we do, we love you Carol, we do, we love you Carol, we do, oh Norman f**k off too?

It’s spelt Carole,the musical about her is on at the Regent in April.How about “Its too late Norman now,it’s too late,though you really did try to make it””Oh Carol,I am just a fool,show me the money and I will let you rule”.

Archived