onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Norman Smurthwaite - Supporters Club Mtg

robf

Advert

21:07

Q Every other club near the bottom has done a ticket deal. Why not make Chesterfield game £10 a ticket?

NS: There is a process you have to follow. There will be a ticket initiative announced but it won’t be in time for next Friday’s game.

21:06

Q Fan thanks Norman for saving the club when he did (some jeers, but also applause from the floor).

Fan continues “I know he has made a few mistakes but it’s about time all Vale fans got behind the club. We are not behind the club when Michael Tonge gets man of the match and half the crowd are booing him.” (that last point is applauded)

Fan also says it was wrong for two or three fans to have a go at Neil Aspin after the Exeter game (that point is also applauded).

Wonder how much he has bribed fan to thank him for saving the club.

Is that where his money is going.

What a complete waste of time. Glad I didn't go to hear him talk about ancient history and contradict himself. I assumed he was doing this Q&A because he had some important news to announce. I was hoping he'd set out some sort of vision tonight. It's clear he has none.

21:21

Q: The club wasn’t running at a loss under the administrators. But now with your loans (3.4m) and the price you paid for the club (£1.25m) that is £4.65m..... for a club which is lower in the table when you bought it.

So, don;t you owe duty to fans to put club for sale at reasonable price. Questioner suggests £1.25m would be fair.

NS You won’t influence what I sell the club for, but you will who I sell it to. Subject to health I will be here until we are back to League One (groans from the floor).

NS says if someone comes along with the means to buy the club, and run it well, then he won’t hold the club back.

21:17

NS: We have a 3,000 hard core and you are 10 per cent of them.

He urges fans not to demonstrate against him.

He says it would be more constructive, if they believe he should go, they should raise £270 each. Says 3,000 fans covers the shortfall (£800,000 plus)

Says if they do that, he definitely doesn’t need to be here.

Says that’s the most positive way of demonstrating to me that you don’t want me.

21:14

NS says Vale were close to appointing a different manager before meeting Aspin and being convinced by him within 20 minutes.

unbe-freakin-lievable

21:21

Q: The club wasn’t running at a loss under the administrators. But now with your loans (3.4m) and the price you paid for the club (£1.25m) that is £4.65m..... for a club which is lower in the table when you bought it.

So, don;t you owe duty to fans to put club for sale at reasonable price. Questioner suggests £1.25m would be fair.

NS You won’t influence what I sell the club for, but you will who I sell it to. Subject to health I will be here until we are back to League One (groans from the floor).

NS says if someone comes along with the means to buy the club, and run it well, then he won’t hold the club back.

21:17

NS: We have a 3,000 hard core and you are 10 per cent of them.

He urges fans not to demonstrate against him.

He says it would be more constructive, if they believe he should go, they should raise £270 each. Says 3,000 fans covers the shortfall (£800,000 plus)

Says if they do that, he definitely doesn’t need to be here.

Says that’s the most positive way of demonstrating to me that you don’t want me.

NS says Vale were close to appointing a different manager before meeting Aspin and being convinced by him within 20 minutes.

Jesus Christ. The guy is absolutely insane.

I can’t belive he is asking fans not to demonstrate against him and cover the shortfall that is HIS fault. He’s an idiot and I feel that now is the time for Vale fans to get together something similar to black and gold to get rid of this cretin.

Archived