onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Q&A with Norman Smurthwaite - Supporters Club Mtg

robf

Advert

21:33

Mark Porter closes the meeting and thanks Norman for coming to answer the questions.

That’s 9.32pm so he’s been going for two hours. The meeting ends to applause.

21:32

Q Says 40 per cent of the fan base has been lost. What are you going to do?

NS Says it’s largely dictated by what happens on the pitch.

21:31

NS says the club of our size and fanbase is a League One club (applause from the floor)

21:30

NS: Says he loves the club and doesn’t want to go, he wants to help Vale back to League One. But says it’s a two way thing. He says he appreciates the hard core, but they need to reach beyond that.

21:29

NS: I am not good with spin but as long as I am owner all the bills will be paid and whatever I can do to assist Neil i will. I won’t get involved in signing the players but i will give him the money.

21:28

Q Fan says he is grateful to Norman for keeping the club in business.

Adds what is the plan? What is the next step?

NS: You can’t run a football club like a normal business. Do you want this to run as a self-sufficient business - you have to be careful what you wish for.

The first requirement is to stay in Lge 2, then give manager a budget to get us back to Lge one.

21:25

NS: I have read on social media I am on a mission to run the club out of business...

“You are doing very well Norm,” says a voice from the floor.

21:24

Q: What are you going to do about the backstabbing?

NS: It will be dealt with. It is not me.

21:23

NS says he is not charging interest on his loans to the club.

21:23

NS: The club pays it’s bills and will do as long as I am here.

21:21

Personally I thought that he was a disgrace. Gave answers to questions that weren’t even asked and droned on about past incidents and tried, in my opinion, portray himself as our saviour and it’s everybody else’s fault including the fans not turning up. I managed an hour then left absolute waste of time as I don’t believe a single word he says. Was a 3 hour round trip worthwhile? Was it hell!

I'm not angry tonight just sad. Makes it clear what path we will follow over the next few years. dread to think where we will be in 2/3 years.

I concur. I’m not angry. I don’t have the passion to be angry anymore. I’m just incredibly deflated.

He’s not going anywhere and we’re only going in one direction. Down.

Archived