onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

There is no value in paying to hire pitches at St Georges park (which I imagine aren't cheap) if you are not going to have a look at the starting 11 thats in the managers mind.

Of coure they could have changed their minds after seeing how players performed in the practive game yesterday.

I agree mate, and that starting 11 is worrying me already !!!

Pretty much kept faith with Davis at RB and Dads army in midfield.

Maybe as well they have Hooper and Kelly.

Advert

I agree mate, and that starting 11 is worrying me already !!!

Pretty much kept faith with Davis at RB and Dads army in midfield.

Maybe as well they have Hooper and Kelly.

Honestly I don't mind starting off with Tonge and Pugh IF you have the tactics and players around them who are going to be pushing and attacking (by that I mean both fullbacks and the 4 players in front of Tonge and Pugh). Then if need be you can change one of them later for a more attacking option.

But the Newport team was not the way to go about taking the game to the opposition IMO (unless you were just looking to grind out a draw).

As for Davis I don't think he has any future as our right back, I think Aspin is being overly cautious.

I havent seen enough of Howe to form any sort of opinion on him. I think he only featured briefly at the end of the Cheltenham game didn't he.

I see that Grimsby are offering a ticket deal to the homes fans for our game, buy a ticket and get the next home game free. I wonder if we'll do something similar as we get towards the end of the season.

I havent seen enough of Howe to form any sort of opinion on him. I think he only featured briefly at the end of the Cheltenham game didn't he.

I see that Grimsby are offering a ticket deal to the homes fans for our game, buy a ticket and get the next home game free. I wonder if we'll do something similar as we get towards the end of the season.

Free travel to the game would be a great gesture from our chairman but an announcement would be needed today.

Please don't get me wrong, as this is absolutely not a dig at Pope!!!

But I do hope, that him being out injured, can give our other attacking players a lift.

Because I do think the logic seems a bit backwards on this topic. Even though I do appreciate Pope has been playing injured, he hasn't quite been burning holes in the net the last few months. As haven't any of our other attackers. But when Pope don't score, it's because the other 10 are crap. But when the others don't score, it's because they themselves are crap... If Pope isn't given the service, what makes anyone think the other attackers are???

And it can't be doing any good for anyones confidence or motivation, that Aspin has stated publicly more than a handful of times, that his other options are *****, are pretty much stealing a wage and more than likely won't be here next season. I know he hasn't been mentioning names and have (God I hope so), been talking to the players directly first, but how would you feel, if your boss stated publicly time after time, that you are crap at your job?

You have seen many times, that when your best players are missing, it gives others room to flourish. That's really all I'm hoping for in our current situation.

Please don't get me wrong, as this is absolutely not a dig at Pope!!!

But I do hope, that him being out injured, can give our other attacking players a lift.

Because I do think the logic seems a bit backwards on this topic. Even though I do appreciate Pope has been playing injured, he hasn't quite been burning holes in the net the last few months. As haven't any of our other attackers. But when Pope don't score, it's because the other 10 are crap. But when the others don't score, it's because they themselves are crap... If Pope isn't given the service, what makes anyone think the other attackers are???

And it can't be doing any good for anyones confidence or motivation, that Aspin has stated publicly more than a handful of times, that his other options are *****, are pretty much stealing a wage and more than likely won't be here next season. I know he hasn't been mentioning names and have (God I hope so), been talking to the players directly first, but how would you feel, if your boss stated publicly time after time, that you are crap at your job?

You have seen many times, that when your best players are missing, it gives others room to flourish. That's really all I'm hoping for in our current situation.

It seems like an unwritten law of OVF that if Pope scores its because he is great and if he doesn't its because the service was crap..some went out of their way in the 2012/13 season to slate the service Pope was getting despite the winger providing the service being in the league 2 team of the season. So even if the service is great, its still crap if it means Pope goes a half without scoring. Those who said we wouldn't miss JMW when he left must be feeling a bit daft looking back?

Guest Vale at home

Come on THE VALE . Get a Good win on Saturday . And WORK Hard . That is all Vales fans want . And Bring Back 3 points Back to Vale park .

Slightly off topic i guess, but i've only been to Grimsby the once. Got it in my head that we won in Kalamazoo blue and Jason Beckford notched for us.

What i want to see this Saturday is 11 or 14 players leaving everything out on the pitch, pure effort and determination.

Please please Aspin play two up front and make their defenders work for their wages.Forrester and Barnett with Harness on the right or Whitfield on the left.

Worrall,Hannett and Tongue in midfield.

Gibbons,Howkins,Smith and Montano at the back.

No way should Davis play at right back he doesn't get forward and gives the ball away to the opposition.

I think Turner has to play some part in this game, I just have a feeling he has the right attitude and hunger albeit with massive inexperience and still a lightweight youthful frame but he has skill and an eye for goal. He's one for the future really but needs must and I'd at least have him on the bench & possibly partner him up front with Forrester from the start with Bone Idle Barnett on the bench, a player who's shown he can do it in the past but now looks like he couldn't be that arsed.

We definitely need 2 up front against poor form opponents in a 6 pointer, let's go for it while we still have 5 points on the bottom two. Faint heart never won fair lady and in our position a neck end munter would do right now!

Yes I can see Turner getting some important goals, especially with Pope out.

If we go down playing negative football against teams like Grimsby then it’s our own fault. Please Aspin listen to the fans and play an attacking formation with two up front!

I would respect Aspin going down the list of players and considering which of them has the desire and commitment to run flat out for 90 mins, and having that assessment in the front of his mind when picking the team. There’s not many stand out players so you can’t go far wrong with that.

Every game is a big game and no game should be played like a must win ,they all are .

We are away so we need do what Grimsby did at Vale park ,mug us off score with your only goal attempts on target and go home with 3 points we barely deserve .

The thing is our soft centre centre half especially away will be chosen again .

Yes at home he can get away with it away he doesnt .

11 goals conceded in 3 games away so players have to do the basics like throw themselves at the ball ,as whats the point in scoring 2 if you giving 3 goals away .

We should have beat Accrington home and away but if u concede 5 goals from 5 on target efforts well doesnt that tell you something .

It tells me loud and clear .

UTV

Archived