onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Not to stoke the fire, but he was academy coach at Crewe '12-'14 :shutup:

We had a new manager for our game against Grimsby, but they still won. It's Vale though, so even more worried for this game now. He's had a week to work with them too.

On the bright side, his only stint in management so far was with AFC Eskilstuna, & looks as though it was pretty terrible. 4 wins from 18 & they got relegated. A possible Bruno type signing, but their fans are strangely content with the appointment.

Lets hope their mood changes on Saturday about 16.55

Advert

Down to form Grimsby are one of two clubs on a worse run of form than ours. This is the one we have to win, I think Barnet and Chesterfield will be more difficult to beat, if we don't get anything on Saturday the writing is on the wall.QUOTE=man in the pub;799504]As Grimsby are on a very poor run of form surely if ever a game was crying out for 2 up front then this is it. Appreciate that our form is only marginally better but we are desperate for a win so lets get it at Grimsby by going at them.

Exactly my point we have been handing points over to teams, we cannot afford to on Saturday, if we do the game is up.

Well if Grimsby are on a poor run of form you could bet your house we will give them all three points! It happens everytime we are just so generous to teams on a poor run !

these games are difficult must win but don't lose as well which puts players on edge we need to be more attacking get more players in positions to score in or around the box we've seen how deadly whitfield can be from outside the box so i'd like to see him playing off a front 2 or give him the freedom to roam

I think we should just play 4-4-2. The players aren’t good enough to keep tinkering with the formation.

Worrall and Pope are the only players who look like they can make or grab a goal - until Whitfield gets back to helping us.

That said I would play:

Boot

Gibbons

Smith

Aspin/fan with

Montano

Hannatt

Worrall

Tonge

Harness

Forrester

Whitfield

I think we should just play 4-4-2. The players aren’t good enough to keep tinkering with the formation.

Worrall and Pope are the only players who look like they can make or grab a goal - until Whitfield gets back to helping us.

That said I would play:

Boot

Gibbons

Smith

Aspin/fan with

Montano

Hannatt

Worrall

Tonge

Harness

Forrester

Whitfield

Very good call. I agree with this. I think Forrester is our best shout up front.

Id play the 11 most mobile players at the club .

U have to move to effect cause .

My team has im sick to the teeth of our away form and certain players always selected who have proved time and time they aint up to the job

Boot

Howe Hoskins Raglan (or pugh )

Gibbons Montano

Reeves Tonge

Whitfield Harness Hannant .

Plenty of legs throughout the team ,we need attack from the front big ask but the 3 chosen have got do the job the Liverpool 3 do .

I think they can ,u dont need play with a striker you have to move about changing position all the time .

Forrester come on to increase the workrate when whitfield gets tired .

Thats what id go with

UTV

Guest Vale at home
As Grimsby are on a very poor run of form surely if ever a game was crying out for 2 up front then this is it. Appreciate that our form is only marginally better but we are desperate for a win so lets get it at Grimsby by going at them.

I do Agree . Vale Need a win at Grimsby . And start as mean to go on . to Play Good football . At Vale park again .

I think Turner has to play some part in this game, I just have a feeling he has the right attitude and hunger albeit with massive inexperience and still a lightweight youthful frame but he has skill and an eye for goal. He's one for the future really but needs must and I'd at least have him on the bench & possibly partner him up front with Forrester from the start with Bone Idle Barnett on the bench, a player who's shown he can do it in the past but now looks like he couldn't be that arsed.

We definitely need 2 up front against poor form opponents in a 6 pointer, let's go for it while we still have 5 points on the bottom two. Faint heart never won fair lady and in our position a neck end munter would do right now!

I'm sure this thread went missing last night.

Anyway having seen the pictures of yesterdays practice game at St Georges Park on the official site, I'm going to take a wild guess that the team in the home kit is the one hes thinking of starting at Grimsby, which I think looks like.

------------------ Boot -----------------

Davis -- Howkins -- Smith -- Montano

----------- Pugh --Tonge ------------

Worrall ------ Harness ------- Hannant

------------- Forrester -------------

I'm sure this thread went missing last night.

Anyway having seen the pictures of yesterdays practice game at St Georges Park on the official site, I'm going to take a wild guess that the team in the home kit is the one hes thinking of starting at Grimsby, which I think looks like.

------------------ Boot -----------------

Davis -- Howkins -- Smith -- Montano

----------- Pugh --Tonge ------------

Worrall ------ Harness ------- Hannant

------------- Forrester -------------

Not sure how many more games it takes before Aspo realises that Pugh and Tonge is a NO-NO as a pairing ( if you are correct )

Not sure how many more games it takes before Aspo realises that Pugh and Tonge is a NO-NO as a pairing ( if you are correct )

There is no value in paying to hire pitches at St Georges park (which I imagine aren't cheap) if you are not going to have a look at the starting 11 thats in the managers mind.

Of coure they could have changed their minds after seeing how players performed in the practice game yesterday.

Archived