onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

No win in 15 games (Dec 9th their last), 4 points from a possible 45, rock bottom of every form table & I'm still worried.

Looking forward to it though, another new ground for me, & these games being called off are giving me withdrawals.

No win in 15 games (Dec 9th their last), 4 points from a possible 45, rock bottom of every form table & I'm still worried.

I know what you mean, I can see us going there and being a charity case and handing them the points.

We need to win. I'd go with.

-------------------------Boot------------------------

Gibbons -- Howkins -- Smith -- Montano

--------------------Tonge -- Pugh----------------

Worrall ----------- Whitfield --------- Hannant

------------------------ Forrester ---------------------

But to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Aspin was more cautious and he went with Davis and Barnet instead of Gibbons and Forrester repectively.

I know what you mean, I can see us going there and being a charity case and handing them the points.

We need to win. I'd go with.

-------------------------Boot------------------------

Gibbons -- Howkins -- Smith -- Montano

--------------------Tonge -- Pugh----------------

Worrall ----------- Whitfield --------- Hannant

------------------------ Forrester ---------------------

But to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Aspin was more cautious and he went with Davis and Barnet instead of Gibbons and Forrester repectively.

Not bad, I'd take Gibbons over Davis any day, aside from Pope though none of our strikers stand out currently, so up front for me is pretty much 'whatever'.

Not bad, I'd take Gibbons over Davis any day, aside from Pope though none of our strikers stand out currently, so up front for me is pretty much 'whatever'.

Agreed, none of the strikers aside from Pope have done much this season, this is their chance.

Usually you play with 2 holding midfielders for a reason, to sit in when other players push on, so if either Gibbons or Montano go then they are both there as cover. Play Davis and in effect we're limiting our attacking options, but above that I just don't think hes as good a full back as Gibbons is.

Agreed, none of the strikers aside from Pope have done much this season, this is their chance.

Usually you play with 2 holding midfielders for a reason, to sit in when other players push on, so if either Gibbons or Montano go then they are both there as cover. Play Davis and in effect we're limiting our attacking options, but above that I just don't think hes as good a full back as Gibbons is.

Absolutely, Gibbons all day long over Davis.

I very rarely do these but:

..................Boot

Davis Smith Howkins Montaño

.............Tonge Pugh

....Worrall Whitfield Harness

...................TBC

Not a massive fan of Davis at RB but I think he'll get the nod for the sake of continuity and he's a bit more defensive minded that Gibbons. Also, I'm not a fan of having an adventurous full back on both sides. He'd balance out the attacking nature of Montaño.

Similarly, I'm not a fan of Tonge and Pugh as a double pivot but I suppose we have go with what we've got. To balance that out I think we need to play two busy wingers and a busy number 10 with younger legs who can all press higher up the pitch. If Montaño decides to venture forward, he's got Pugh to cover him and Harness can tuck in at the same time. I dunno if that sounds daft. There are options there for players to break out of the shape a bit and make runs.

Not decided who I want to play the lone striker. The least rubbish option ideally.

Well take note of me Forrester is best option but make sure he plays in the middle and play to feet. We have played last nine games punting it up to an unfit statue who was getting battered. Let’s play football. I would play Turner alongside him.

Does he come from Crewe?

Not to stoke the fire, but he was academy coach at Crewe '12-'14 :shutup:

We had a new manager for our game against Grimsby, but they still won. It's Vale though, so even more worried for this game now. He's had a week to work with them too.

On the bright side, his only stint in management so far was with AFC Eskilstuna, & looks as though it was pretty terrible. 4 wins from 18 & they got relegated. A possible Bruno type signing, but their fans are strangely content with the appointment.

Archived