Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

24 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Fake News?

Yes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2019/09/29/the-mythical-bets-on-no-deal-brexit/#7d298fcb4455

So that's Forbes and the Financial Times that have debunked these crazy conspiracy theories now.

You just criticised me for never admitting I am wrong (I'll do it if it ever happens). Are you going to admit you got this one wrong?

6 hours ago, Andyregs said:

So we should not have enacted article 50, but also honour the result of the referendum. Jesus Christ. 

You are merging 2 seperate questions with 2 different answers, one based on honesty the other based on political solution. The 2 are not dependent on each other.

They should not have enacted article 50 if they knew it was the wrong thing for the country ....  which is what they clam.... that would have been the honest thing for them to do..... not the political answer.... and faced the consequences..... 3 years later they want to revoke article 50.

The political answer is to try not to alienate half the electorate.

It's the reverse argument to the politicians stance.... they argue that enacting article 50 was to honour the will of the people and stopping brexit is for the good of the country.

7 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Geo just likes to make arguments and points where there are none to be made.  He doesnt actually believe half of what he puts on here, he just likes to oppose.

It's called debate.... you state your opinion, I state mine, others join in and from the mellay some light may shine.

I don't claim my opinion is fact, just opinion. I don't abuse a poster simply because their opinion differs... I simply offer an alternate view... in the hope they question their view as I question mine.

The oddity with political discussion is that I have no allegiance to any party, I have no flag to wave or leader to follow or tub to thump...... because I think one side is wrong doesn't mean I think the other is correct.... that seems to be a problem for some..... I also try to see what follows,  the aftermath of the now.... i.e. 

The supreme court ruling...... what comes through the door once it's opened.

Ignoring 50% of the voters..... the civil and political consequences.

Both of which are predictions, forecasts, guesses and not facts or reliable, merely possibilities.

A difficult word to use towards politicians for me is respect...?. But I respect Mogg and Ben (snr) for their belief in what they say and their eloquence when they say it... even though I don't agree with the content.

10 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Anyway back to the actual issue of Brexit without the stupidness of RB...

Where does Boris Johnson go now?  There will probably be a vote of no confidence this week, which will be really quite interesting.

Where does Boris go now? After listening to the early addition of the BBC news there may further strife for him after his recent 11-0 thrashing. I know I was half awake but the report seems to suggest that Bicycle Boy has  been quietly lobbying members of the EU to veto a UK request for an extension.

51 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Where does Boris go now? After listening to the early addition of the BBC news there may further strife for him after his recent 11-0 thrashing. I know I was half awake but the report seems to suggest that Bicycle Boy has  been quietly lobbying members of the EU to veto a UK request for an extension.

Fairly predictable mate, it's the get out of jail free card.

I suspect he will continue down the stepped helix until someone or a collective give him a landing to stand on.

That's when the fun really begins.... for fun read distortion of what we consider democracy..... let loose the dogs of war?

6 hours ago, geosname said:

You are merging 2 seperate questions with 2 different answers, one based on honesty the other based on political solution. The 2 are not dependent on each other.

They should not have enacted article 50 if they knew it was the wrong thing for the country ....  which is what they clam.... that would have been the honest thing for them to do..... not the political answer.... and faced the consequences..... 3 years later they want to revoke article 50.

The political answer is to try not to alienate half the electorate.

It's the reverse argument to the politicians stance.... they argue that enacting article 50 was to honour the will of the people and stopping brexit is for the good of the country.

I don’t think I’ve ever read so much meaningless waffle. You’re basically saying the question whether to enact article 50 or not enact article 50 were two distinctly separate questions. Trying to take both positions in order to never be wrong just means you’re always wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Haha.  What about The Times?

Shall we see first? 

You were adamant that poroguing Parliment was normal, lawful etc..  in the end its proven that you were completely wrong. That's not speculation or stories that's 11 judges ruling it so.  You still argued you were right 

Forbes, Financial Times....

Boris's own sister has alluded to it.  The Times has run a story on it.  Philip Hamond has said it - lots of smoke around, just like there was over Poroguing.

Care to talk about the BBCs story on him touching up reporters?

Your hero is becoming more like Trump every day.

Tik tok.

Well I trust the financial times and Forbes over the times when it comes to financial matters. 

If the times, phillip hammond and Boris' sister said the earth was flat I wouldn't believe that either.

Lots of smoke lol. 

I agree that he is like trump. And I am delighted that he is. They tried to say Trump was racist, they tried to say he was corrupt, colluding with russians. They tried to call him a sexual offender too. 

All that failed.

It is very odd that this woman has come forward now, having waited for over 20 years, with this allegation which is almost certainly never going to be proven.

23 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Geo, you rarely offer opinion, you just oppose.  That's not debate.  You detract from debate with your intentional point missing and desire to isolate argument away from the actual point.  

You have argued that Article 50 shouldn't have been enacted and that we must respect the vote...  you argue that they were separate answers to separate questions...  questions you posed yourself after picking up on minor detail because you thought it makes you look clever but as you can see it's made you look like a clever dick that's tied themself into a knot trying to be superior.  

Again you say lots without actually saying anything at all.

In your opinion.... but your opinion is riddled with poster insults to score points.

41 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I don’t think I’ve ever read so much meaningless waffle. You’re basically saying the question whether to enact article 50 or not enact article 50 were two distinctly separate questions. Trying to take both positions in order to never be wrong just means you’re always wrong. 

No I'm not....... there are 2 different answers.

For honesty they should not have because it enacts a policy they totally disagree with and enables no deal which they are now vehemently trying to stop..... so if they are so evil you don't initiate them.

For the sake of party politics (honouring the result) they had no choice but to enact it which puts us in the position we are in now. 

They chose the second.

41 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Archived