onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

4 hours ago, geosname said:

RB..... the EU is doing what's best for them, you can't blame them for that, it's not spiteful or bitter it's what you would expect. Politics and business aren't friendly parlour games, it often comes down to who has the sharpest knife.

The UK approach is akin to shaking a sabre at a tank and expecting it to roll over.

I wouldn't have a problem with that Geo but I dont believe they are doing what is best for the EU. It is why I voted to leave 😀

Advert

5 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I wouldn't have a problem with that Geo but I dont believe they are doing what is best for the EU. It is why I voted to leave 😀

I think they are trying create an EU they want from the EU they have and they are trying their best to get it, whilst preserving what they have. I'm not clear on what it is they want the EU to become but suggestions, flag national anthem etc, indicate a country.

6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

But YOU defended the assertation that Abbott brings on abuse herself.  It's on this forum in black and white.

You also have alluded that the girl accusing Bozzer is telling lies and you are basing that on the timing of the allegation.

There is a pattern.

Abbott attracts criticism for the things she says and does which some see as abuse..... the actual abuse should not happen.

The accusations against Boris may be false, she may have lied. We don't know. Although the presumption of guilt has always been a staple of selling media content and has been absorbed by the public it doesn't make it true

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Why does it suggest that?

Its usual for countries to have a flag although other organisations do, its common for countries to have a national anthem no so common for others, it's very unusual for sovereign countries to join in a unified defence force (military) as the EU has at times suggested later denied. The exception that comes to mind is the UN, although U.N. members are not governed by the same body, each member maintaining it's own independence and vote. If the EU did proceed down this route it would create conflict with its independent member states, especially over funding.

6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Wonderfully missed as usual.

The statement was that Abbott invites abuse, that's what RB agreed with.  He did not say she invites criticism which of course is different.

The accusations may be false, but the timing of the accusations is not relevant to that.  If the timing feels right to the victim, it's right.  It's not for male mysoginists like RB (and others) to dictate to a victim of sexual abuse/harassment to determine when the right time to speak out would be.  

Johnson had a long history of questionable moral judgement, sexual indiscretion and telling lies.  We have one word against another, I know who anybody with half a brain would believe.

I responded to your post with my opinion about the situations you referenced.

RB can, I would hope, reply as he thinks fit. I wasn't referencing his previous comments, just yours. What he may have said previously is immaterial.

What or who we believe doesn't make it correct/right/obvious it's simply what we believe. I believe someone has made an accusation and someone has denied it. I have a tendancy to disbelieve Boris because he is a politician (that's my bias) but it doesn't follow that I believe the accuser because she is a woman.

7 hours ago, geosname said:

Note to self.....

Must pick a side so people can abuse and insult.

Don't try to explain what you are trying to say..... just say it.

Keep responses to one word if possible but avoid swear filter.

Don't challenge incorrect posts you should know what they mean.

Don't say what you think, say what you are supposed to think.

If someone says you have done or said something you must have done it or said it.... don't challenge it.

Safe spaces are good.

Always let Jean have the last word.

Ignore all notes to self.

Keep up the good work geo,impartiality of the finest.

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Lots wrong with it.

Timing is suspicious?  

It's like the Abbott situation all over again.  It seems you have a problem with women to me.

Ask McDonnell about problems with women and ask Labour's Momentum about problems with women,especially MP's Luciana Berger and Margaret Hodge?

I look forward to your response?

With regard to Boris and the thigh fondling episode.  Some on here are disputing the accusation because it was so long ago and how could she remember it?  I saw the Prime Minister on telly yesterday categorically denying it so it seems he has a very good memory as well.  Unless, of course, he is certain he has never done that to any woman.  Who believes that?!!

37 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

So there is no basis for saying the EU seem to be heading down that path whatsoever...

Impartial indeed.

Where the hell is the bias in that statement?

27/8 individual member state all having to agree a military strategy won't cause conflict?

Al member states having to pick up the cost on a percapita basis? Whether they can afford it or not with the likelihood other member states will have to if they can't. Won't case conflict?

Consider the anger caused in the UK by the Iraq confict, multiply that by 27/8.

They will choose what they will and what the member states allow them to.

They seem to be moving from a community of members to a state of subseviant members that can't say no without severe economic penalty. 

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

With regard to Boris and the thigh fondling episode.  Some on here are disputing the accusation because it was so long ago and how could she remember it?  I saw the Prime Minister on telly yesterday categorically denying it so it seems he has a very good memory as well.  Unless, of course, he is certain he has never done that to any woman.  Who believes that?!!

how does touched become fondling?

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Very odd thing to say.

There was a "movement?" not so long ago proposing that the women in such cases MUST be believed which was interpreted by some to mean the woman must be telling the truth..... my interpretation would be slightly different.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Because there is no actual evidence that they want subservient members, just your opinion that is the way it's going which is in line with the leave campaign, therefore your opinion is actually in line with the leave campaigns opinion and as such you are not as neutral as you try to make out.  You are pedaling the same untruths that scared some people to vote leave, as if the EU is trying to take us over via the back door.

It's ok though Geo, you are aloud to actually have a position on this issue, in fact it's nice that you have for once.

Of course it's my opinion. I agree with certain arguments for leaving but I think there is more in favour to remain.

It suggests the EU are trying to evolve into something different than it set out to be, that doesn't mean the member states will go along with it if it threatens their own national identity or individual standing.

Sadly you have fallen into the pit yet again. Two dimensional thinking of it must be black or white, in or out, left or right yet if you scrape away the bile and rhetoric you may find that scraps of each stance make good argument.

I haven't heard anything strong enough to convince me that leaving is the better of the two or that whatever we do will not cause severe problems.

That's been my opinion for quite some time.

Archived