onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Geo, you have a history of what you are now doing.  You have done it time and again, especially with issues that cause deep divide.  It's a nice way of saying you are just a petty <ovf censored> stirer dressing it up as debate.  Sitting on the fence pedanticly picking at points from both sides only detracts and distracts the argument.  

I would have more time for you if you actually had a position you were prepared to argue, but you just take everything isolation meaning you never actually have a position on anything.

You are exhausting and tedious.

I've made my position quite clear. 

It was a bad decision to leave.... it will be damaging financially if we leave...... it will be damaging poltically if we dont... although that position is changing slightly to politically damaging either way.

You can spend all your energy mocking and deriding the people you think follow who you blame...... you can spend all your time blaming someone and giving the reasons why..... but where does it get anyone.... what progress is made..... what solution do you expect to jump from the pit.

If Cameron said..... it's my fault.... and Boris said I'm wrong..... what does it solve? Does brexit magically disappear.

Your idea of a debate seems to stem from parliament...... a slanging match of accusation and abuse.

Not for me thanks

Advert

EU referendum June 2016.

Article 50 triggered by massive majority in March 2017.

9 months to find out what the so called problems that Brexit would create.

Strange that they ,in Parliament,voted to trigger Article 50,knowing all the facts.

They had the choice,they took it.We’re leaving.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Would this make him a traitor?  The people voted to take back control from the EU, surely they will be outraged that Boris the sex pest is actively seeking there help?  

The bloke is completely deranged but not as deranged as those who support him.

Boris the sex pest? where did that come from? a women saying he touched her thigh 10yrs ago, grow up... I could say a woman touched my thigh 10yrs ago, go to the police and see what they would say. Its only made the news because she's a paper columnist and any hint of that type on Boris or for that case any mp gets blown up...

20 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

Boris the sex pest? where did that come from? a women saying he touched her thigh 10yrs ago, grow up... I could say a woman touched my thigh 10yrs ago, go to the police and see what they would say. Its only made the news because she's a paper columnist and any hint of that type on Boris or for that case any mp gets blown up...

You are in denial the man is a proven liar, he will try to bluff his way out of anything cannot believe how you can trust the likes of Johnson, JRM, Redwood, Raab etc.

39 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

Knowing what is in the public domain about Johnson and his philandering, do you think this accusation sounds likely/unlikely.  Knowing what we know about his lying to his party leader about one of his previous paramours having an abortion, do you think his denial is true/untrue?  Knowing what we know about Johnson's tenuous relationship with truth, do you trust/not trust a single bloody work he says?

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

EU referendum June 2016.

Article 50 triggered by massive majority in March 2017.

9 months to find out what the so called problems that Brexit would create.

Strange that they ,in Parliament,voted to trigger Article 50,knowing all the facts.

They had the choice,they took it.We’re leaving.

just to add to the above, this a news article,

MPs have voted in favor of government plans to trigger Article 50 by March 31, 2017, meaning Britain will formally initiate the process of leaving the EU before that date.

MPs voted 461 to 89 in favor of the motion on Wednesday.

The vote came following a motion from the Labour party, which stated that it is “parliament’s responsibility to properly scrutinise the Government while respecting the decision of the British people to leave the European Union,” adding that there “should be no disclosure of material that could be reasonably judged to damage the UK in any negotiations to depart from the European Union after Article 50 has been triggered.”

Added to the motion was a government amendment stating that parliament “recognises that this House should respect the wishes of the United Kingdom as expressed in the referendum on 23 June; and further calls on the Government to invoke Article 50 by 31 March 2017.”

51 MPs from the Scottish National Party (SNP), 23 from Labour, five from the Liberal Democrats, three from Plaid Cymru and one Conservative MP are reported to be among those who opposed...

Note above the labour motion...

Then party politics and agendas appeared.

33 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Another one who demonises women in such situations.  There isnt a time limit on reporting sexual abuse.  I would hope then that if you have a daughter and she makes a historic allegation against somebody you would treat her with the same contempt.  This is exactly the mentality that prevents 1000s of woman from reporting vulgar and disgusting excuses for men.  Its 2019 mate, women are non longer the plaything of men, especially rich and powerful men. 

Are you saying she is a liar?  Just to be clear, because both you and RB are alluding to this but have either of you got the balls to actually say it?

no i'm not saying shes lying, but it does seem strange that she brings this up now, 10yrs ago things were different than now, an innocent contact ie holding a door for a girl/lady then following and touching her back as you follow, the same getting on a bus, sitting on a pub bench and someone squeezes past, innocent incidents but if you apply them to todays pc world they could be misconstrued.

Also you did not reply to my example, would the police investigate my claim if I said a woman had touched my thigh 10yrs ago? if no then why...

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Haha.  What about The Times?

Shall we see first? 

You were adamant that poroguing Parliment was normal, lawful etc..  in the end its proven that you were completely wrong. That's not speculation or stories that's 11 judges ruling it so.  You still argued you were right 

Forbes, Financial Times....

Boris's own sister has alluded to it.  The Times has run a story on it.  Philip Hamond has said it - lots of smoke around, just like there was over Poroguing.

Care to talk about the BBCs story on him touching up reporters?

Your hero is becoming more like Trump every day.

Tik tok.

Proroguing parliament is normal and legal, the supreme court said so.

They held the reasons and the length were not lawful.

54 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Knowing what is in the public domain about Johnson and his philandering, do you think this accusation sounds likely/unlikely.  Knowing what we know about his lying to his party leader about one of his previous paramours having an abortion, do you think his denial is true/untrue?  Knowing what we know about Johnson's tenuous relationship with truth, do you trust/not trust a single bloody work he says?

so that's 2 things you think, 1/ don't believe in the result of a democratic vote. 2/ everyones innocent till proved guilty.

Cliff was hounded by the press with no evidence given, and after going to court cleared his name... although mud sticks ie Micheal Barrymore.

5 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

so that's 2 things you think, 1/ don't believe in the result of a democratic vote. 2/ everyones innocent till proved guilty.

Cliff was hounded by the press with no evidence given, and after going to court cleared his name... although mud sticks ie Micheal Barrymore.

Why have you mentioned the vote? I said nothing about it in my post. Johnson was innocent of writing lies in The Times until he was found guilty and lost his job. He was innocent of adulterous behaviour until he turned out to be guilty. He claimed his innocence of causing someone to have an abortion until he was found guilty and sacked from the shadow cabinet. There is a pattern here don’t you think?  

32 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

no i'm not saying shes lying, but it does seem strange that she brings this up now, 10yrs ago things were different than now, an innocent contact ie holding a door for a girl/lady then following and touching her back as you follow, the same getting on a bus, sitting on a pub bench and someone squeezes past, innocent incidents but if you apply them to todays pc world they could be misconstrued.

Also you did not reply to my example, would the police investigate my claim if I said a woman had touched my thigh 10yrs ago? if no then why...

I believe it was 20 years ago Davebrad.Some memory she’s got.I see she couldn’t wait to tell the world.

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Why have you mentioned the vote? I said nothing about it in my post. Johnson was innocent of writing lies in The Times until he was found guilty and lost his job. He was innocent of adulterous behaviour until he turned out to be guilty. He claimed his innocence of causing someone to have an abortion until he was found guilty and sacked from the shadow cabinet. There is a pattern here don’t you think?  

maybe there is, but don't judge a book by its cover comes to mind... also your definatly against the brexit vote.

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Geo, you have a history of what you are now doing.  You have done it time and again, especially with issues that cause deep divide.  It's a nice way of saying you are just a petty <ovf censored> stirer dressing it up as debate.  Sitting on the fence pedanticly picking at points from both sides only detracts and distracts the argument.  

I would have more time for you if you actually had a position you were prepared to argue, but you just take everything isolation meaning you never actually have a position on anything.

You are exhausting and tedious.

Put him on ignore. The forum improves immeasurably.

Archived