Davebrad

Brexit again...

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

Well that’s two of you who have finally admitted to not knowing what you voted for despite being outraged at people for suggesting it for the last two years.  And no, remainers didn’t know the complexities either, that’s literally my point. However, we knew exactly what we were voting for.

So we're back with the whole "leavers didn't know what they were voting for thing" now?

Did you know we were voting for what has played out in the last 3 years out of interest?

2 hours ago, Andyregs said:

But you can’t be upset if the result isn’t what you wanted if you didn’t have any idea what you were voting for. I voted remain at the time for exactly this reason. It would be madness to make such a huge decision based on ignorance when the country was not in a poor situation. And they did so what you wanted. A deal was agreed, and people weren’t happy with it.

i'm not upset but I am disappointed that I being one of the 17,410,742 who made my mind up, got off my arse and made the effort to vote for what I wanted when I was asked what I wanted, now find because parliament could not do their job, have split this country and for years to come. So why did only 16,141,241 vote to remain, if it was madness to leave? or are you saying the leave vote were all ignorant?

2 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

i'm not upset but I am disappointed that I being one of the 17,410,742 who made my mind up, got off my arse and made the effort to vote for what I wanted when I was asked what I wanted, now find because parliament could not do their job, have split this country and for years to come. So why did only 16,141,241 vote to remain, if it was madness to leave? or are you saying the leave vote were all ignorant?

I’m just pointing out that two here have admitted they didn’t know what they voted for, and there are many more in the same boat. 

Even the leave campaign hadn’t thought it through, so I’d argue the vast majority of voters hadn’t either.  

32 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

So we're back with the whole "leavers didn't know what they were voting for thing" now?

Did you know we were voting for what has played out in the last 3 years out of interest?

Pointing out that two people just admitted it.

In June 2016 no one, Remain or Leave, knew what would happen if we had a leave vote.  Events since then have proved this conclusively.  Apart that is, from the people who thought it would a complete buggers muddle.

23 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I’m just pointing out that two here have admitted they didn’t know what they voted for, and there are many more in the same boat. 

Even the leave campaign hadn’t thought it through, so I’d argue the vast majority of voters hadn’t either.  

apart from the 26,033 spoilt papers, all the rest voted how they wanted, for what they wanted ie do you want to remain in the eu or do you want to leave...

5 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

apart from the 26,033 spoilt papers, all the rest voted how they wanted, for what they wanted ie do you want to remain in the eu or do you want to leave...

Yes, and what people wanted didn’t always marry up with reality. 

Interesting times in the Labour camp, Louise Ellman MP leaves the party after 55 years due to the fact that she cant advocate voting Labour if it means Corbyn becoming PM.

9 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

That'd be Louise Ellman, chair of the Labour Friends of Israel. Ah, OK. Ta-ra. 

Rumour has it she was due to be de -selected. 

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So tell me his version and tell me why the photo was faked??  And remember, Davis is a politician so a born liar.

Who said the photo was faked?

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

That’s because there is no possible deal that will leave us better off than we are at the moment. And if anyone says “control” or “sovereignty” I shall not be responsible for my actions. 

"If you can't remove the people who are in control of you,you are not living in a democracy".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When the result was announced everyone thought they knew what was going to happen..... the .U.K.would leave the EU.... that's what people were asked to vote on, that's exactly what they did.

It's not up to the masses to deliver on that result, that's the job of the elected and accordingly both major parties vowed to honour the result to leave.

People voted for an end result, not the nuts and bolts of how that end result will be achieved.

It seems to me the politicians are saying..... we can't do the job we were elected to do, the public made the wrong choice so let's ask the public to make another choice as long as it's the choice we want.... or... we have screwed up but it's your fault we screwed up because you made the wrong choice so we are going to make you choose again.... the choices are...

1 leave...... which we won't allow to happen even if you vote for it.

2 remain.... because that's easier.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, geosname said:

When the result was announced everyone thought they knew what was going to happen..... the .U.K.would leave the EU.... that's what people were asked to vote on, that's exactly what they did.

It's not up to the masses to deliver on that result, that's the job of the elected and accordingly both major parties vowed to honour the result to leave.

People voted for an end result, not the nuts and bolts of how that end result will be achieved.

It seems to me the politicians are saying..... we can't do the job we were elected to do, the public made the wrong choice so let's ask the public to make another choice as long as it's the choice we want.... or... we have screwed up but it's your fault we screwed up because you made the wrong choice so we are going to make you choose again.... the choices are...

1 leave...... which we won't allow to happen even if you vote for it.

2 remain.... because that's easier.

Except that's utter, utter bollock$ isn't it?

I don't really understand what people who voted Leave are complaining about? Everything that has happened since the referendum in 2016 has been in the pursuit of Brexit. You got exactly what you asked for. There was a small mandate for Leave at the time, it would arguably be smaller, if not reversed if run again now, and Parliament has spent 3+ years talking about how to achieve it. The next 10 years will be spent trying to work out how to implement it. The next 25 years are going to be spent wondering why we shot ourselves in both feet and both knees in doing something that will irreparably harm the country.

If a party wins an election, does the opposition then cheerlead them for the next 5 years supporting their government? Of course not; this mythical, mystical democracy and control that is fairly frequently re-invoked involves, debate, argument, nuance, opposition. Parliament is doing exactly what Leavers are demanding that they were not able to do under the EU. And when people look at the cold, hard facts of reality and substance, rather than the warming tingle of rhetoric (which, let's not forget, is 90+% of Brexiterism), they think - actually, it's not a good idea. When the facts change, you change your mind, or something like that.

If this was any other policy that was in a manifesto, would anyone be screaming TRAITORS, SABOTEURS if a party either opposed it, or did a reverse ferret? Of course not. MP's are doing the job you asked them to do - the fact that the Tories have been doing such an inept job should be taking ALL of the criticism, rather than people who oppose it. And if you don't like what your own MP is doing, vote for a different one; that's democracy - every few years, you get to change your mind.

11 minutes ago, The_godfather said:

Except that's utter, utter bollock$ isn't it?

I don't really understand what people who voted Leave are complaining about? Everything that has happened since the referendum in 2016 has been in the pursuit of Brexit. You got exactly what you asked for. There was a small mandate for Leave at the time, it would arguably be smaller, if not reversed if run again now, and Parliament has spent 3+ years talking about how to achieve it. The next 10 years will be spent trying to work out how to implement it. The next 25 years are going to be spent wondering why we shot ourselves in both feet and both knees in doing something that will irreparably harm the country.

If a party wins an election, does the opposition then cheerlead them for the next 5 years supporting their government? Of course not; this mythical, mystical democracy and control that is fairly frequently re-invoked involves, debate, argument, nuance, opposition. Parliament is doing exactly what Leavers are demanding that they were not able to do under the EU. And when people look at the cold, hard facts of reality and substance, rather than the warming tingle of rhetoric (which, let's not forget, is 90+% of Brexiterism), they think - actually, it's not a good idea. When the facts change, you change your mind, or something like that.

If this was any other policy that was in a manifesto, would anyone be screaming TRAITORS, SABOTEURS if a party either opposed it, or did a reverse ferret? Of course not. MP's are doing the job you asked them to do - the fact that the Tories have been doing such an inept job should be taking ALL of the criticism, rather than people who oppose it. And if you don't like what your own MP is doing, vote for a different one; that's democracy - every few years, you get to change your mind.

Your talking party politics to a national crisis.

It was never a good idea to have the referendum..... it was irresponsible to have it without knowing the actual mechanics of the process..... and stating the decision to honour the result without knowing was reckless.

The whole of parliament is responsible for the mess we are in not the people who voted on the question asked.

Brexit should never have been a party political issue..... the Tories screwed that from the beginning, everyone else jumped on the bandwagon sadly..... they dug a whole and seem to keep on digging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, For Us All said:

The realisation that May's Brexit plan was not very good.

Which was his job. What did he achieve in those two years.

2 hours ago, geosname said:

The whole of parliament is responsible for the mess we are in not the people who voted on the question asked.

If people voted for some dream scenario they made up in their head, then is it parliaments fault for not delivering it? Voting has consequences. In this cases the consequence is a mess. 

11 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Getting sick to death of people lying about me non stop. 

Nobody has lied about you.  They have just called you out for the hypocrit that you are showing yourself up as, then you claim fake news and cry because somebody calls you a name...

Even this post that I have part quoted makes you look like a whining baby.