onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

I see that Williamson has been sacked today and not before time. As I alluded to above he's another incompetent, foot in mouth politician who is supposedly helping us see Brexit through.

It's amazing how many of them in the Cabinet are useless and, even worse, that some voters think we can trust these people with important matters like this.

I'm sure those in opposition are much more competent.

Suggestions on a postcard please.😉

Advert

I see that Williamson has been sacked today and not before time. As I alluded to above he's another incompetent, foot in mouth politician who is supposedly helping us see Brexit through.

It's amazing how many of them in the Cabinet are useless and, even worse, that some voters think we can trust these people with important matters like this.

Mordaunt is another one who hasn't got a clue and lied to everyone before the vote when she insisted that Turkey was joining the EU and we could not veto it if we liked.

Where do we get these people from, who don't know their briefs?

I'm guessing you don't have Williamson for your MP. I do, and my impression of him is that he's a good hardworking constituency MP who will actually listen if you ask him a question.

Does that mean he should be trusted with high office? No.

Does that mean I voted for him? No again.

I'm guessing you don't have Williamson for your MP. I do, and my impression of him is that he's a good hardworking constituency MP who will actually listen if you ask him a question.

I can empathise with that but a lot of the Cabinet have been promoted above their capabilities and Williamson is another one.

Telling Russia to go away and shut up, saying we can put guns on tractors, talking about minting his own medals for gallantry, and now this.

These people should NOT be holding high office. Nor should we be putting our trust in them over Brexit.

Most of the Cabinet are examples of the Peter Principle in action - they have been promoted to their level of incompetence with Grayling being the prime example.

Re Williamson's denials - the journalist at the Telegraph to whom the leak was reported will know if it was him or not. If it wasn't, what will the journalist do????

Mordaunt is another one who hasn't got a clue and lied to everyone before the vote when she insisted that Turkey was joining the EU and we could not veto it if we liked.

Where do we get these people from, who don't know their briefs?

We vote them into government on party manifestos based on what we want to hear Sage.... we make the determination of who represents us, not on ability or capability.

Mostly, I would suggest, because of the colour of their rosette and the statements they make in their manifesto that are designed to capture our vote and get them into power..... which are soon discarded or varied to such an extent they are unrecognizable.

I make no distinction about which party is better than the other or which is more capable than the other.... in my opinion they are equally as incompetent as each other, as untrustworthy as each other, as destructive as each other and as dangerous as each other.

The voters make one bad choice after another and expect a different outcome simply because a different coloured flag is waving..... after the euphoria of getting our party over the line and in control reality sets in and normal service is resumed.

Brexit is the single issue that has highlighted the uselessness of our politicians in every dark corner of politics.... from the lacklustre leaders to the hide in the shadows sheep who vote how they are told, when they are told.

Any comment from May about selling arms to the Saudis, our homeless dying on the streets, people taking their own lives due to Universal Credit, the critical shortage of mental health services due to tory austerity, the parlous state of our schools, the news that another £xmillion have been wasted by Chris Grayling or, the tory created Brexit mess? Any comment on these things that are affecting peoples lives now?

The Tories didn't create the brexit mess the voters created "the mess" by choosing to leave which threatens the jobs of the politicos by showing up their inabilities and fears..... do we follow the leavers and lose the remainers or try to fudge "the mess" and try to keep everyone happy.

The mess as you put it isn't the decision to leave it's the inability of politicians to deliver....

Tories still flogging the dead horse of a bad deal...... incompetent to the last.

Labour more concerned with a general election than brexit...... trying to stay in but call it leaving.

The rest flapping about for their own ends...... trying to become relevant.

Not disagreeing with any of that.

Could we cobble together a national government? We could pick names out of a hat. How long would it take to get a dozen honest, principled, sensible ones out of 650?

I suspect forever. But these days it appears that the criteria for office isn't any of those things but the ability to learn as many sound bites as you can, lie if you don't know the answer, make up figures on the hoof, and seek out the attention of then media.

And you're right about the electorate. We put them there. Who on earth would vote for Grayling, for example? And, yes, there are lots of others coloured red and blue of the same ilk.

he's seemed a good defence minister, and consider him being sacked instead of him resigning and it being kept quiet, he must have felt very strongly about what was being talked about, or decided, we will have to wait and see...

Who knows?

Jezza will very soon get his chance, I'd hazard a guess.

The polls are turning in his favour.

oh no, the luny-tics have taken over the asylum, put the kettle on diane, and john borrow £500 billion this week...

he's seemed a good defence minister, and consider him being sacked instead of him resigning and it being kept quiet, he must have felt very strongly about what was being talked about, or decided, we will have to wait and see...

No ministerial experience for such a senior post, a matter of being in the right place a few times with Cameron, and May. Known as Private Pike amongst MPs. As an ex chief whip will have plenty of dirt on MPs, I suspect the only evidence on him is the phone call to the Telegraph, what was said the Telegraph would know, will they say? Or is he a very devious person to rise so fast?

Could we cobble together a national government? We could pick names out of a hat. How long would it take to get a dozen honest, principled, sensible ones out of 650?

I suspect forever. But these days it appears that the criteria for office isn't any of those things but the ability to learn as many sound bites as you can, lie if you don't know the answer, make up figures on the hoof, and seek out the attention of then media.

And you're right about the electorate. We put them there. Who on earth would vote for Grayling, for example? And, yes, there are lots of others coloured red and blue of the same ilk.

But the electorate can only vote for candidates in front of them, 2/3 of the seats never change hands, so safe seats a plenty for party favourites. Far too many career politicians, limit them to 2 elections or 10 years.

100% with you Sage.....

I would love a sensible, trustworthy, competent Labour government to step forward and shake the country by the throat..... sadly mate I can't see it.

I think the next general election will see the Tories crippled by leadership problems and splits sitting in the shadows for quite a while.... off into no mans land in sack cloth and ashes.

But the electorate can only vote for candidates in front of them, 2/3 of the seats never change hands, so safe seats a plenty for party favourites. Far too many career politicians, limit them to 2 elections or 10 years.

As before mate........ NONE OF THE ABOVE.......

100% with you Sage.....

I would love a sensible, trustworthy, competent Labour government to step forward and shake the country by the throat..... sadly mate I can't see it.

I think the next general election will see the Tories crippled by leadership problems and splits sitting in the shadows for quite a while.... off into no mans land in sack cloth and ashes.

The Tories have committed political suicide due to Brexit and it's time for change.They've managed to get us into this mess in just nine years whereas it took Labour thirteen,so I suppose they've set some kind of record in creating chaos.

Over to you Jezza,your turn again.

Archived