onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Elderly care, very much a lottery, some people pop their clogs after a few days of illness or even less. Where at the other end of the scale others will have a long period of high maintenance care at considerable cost. Should there not be a national insurance scheme to spread out the cost impact, so that it does not fall the heaviest on the ones that have suffered the most? One contribution could be that pensioners pay NI as they pay tax, other sources from inheritance tax and trust funds, etc.

I said in a post not that many ago, my first wage a long way back had tax and ni, and I considered the ni a contract ie I paid a percentage of my wage for my pension, health, sick-pay, my retirement care, to cover me till the big fella calls my name... from 15 to 65yrs, 65 being the magic number, the light at the end of the tunnel, but now that's out of the window but mp's get by their own vote 2016 £962, 2017 £1000, 2018 £1049, 2019 £2000, so that's £79,468/yr on top of expenses for everything...

Advert

Elderly care, very much a lottery, some people pop their clogs after a few days of illness or even less. Where at the other end of the scale others will have a long period of high maintenance care at considerable cost. Should there not be a national insurance scheme to spread out the cost impact, so that it does not fall the heaviest on the ones that have suffered the most? One contribution could be that pensioners pay NI as they pay tax, other sources from inheritance tax and trust funds, etc.

From the cradle to the grave....

What is he competent at ? Never made it as a MP. Just a loud mouth with a million Euro hand out over a couple of decades.

I could suggest at playing the 2 party system at their own game..... telling people what they want to hear to get their vote.

I could suggest scaring the crap out of MPs...... they seem to be changing policy and running scared because he set up a new political party.

I could suggest giving people who feel ignored a voice... who else is speaking for the 17.5 million.

Or perhaps it's simply because the public are so Pd off with the inept political incumbents they need to show it.... austerity..... racism... scandal... failures... expenses..... the list is long.

I don't think the brexit party is any different than the other political parties.

It does however make me smile to see them panic at the thought of a party who could take their votes away from them.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if a deal wasn't cobbled together to get brexit over the line to avoid the problem of Farage...... even a staying in but calling it a leaving deal... possibly with a second referendum on the question......

Should we accept the deal that keeps us in but claims we have left.....

Or.......

Should we stay in and claim we didn't vote to leave at all......

With the shower curtain to be pulled back to reveal an ex French president with a large nose claiming it was all a dream......

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if a deal wasn't cobbled together to get Brexit over the line to avoid the problem of Farage

You might be right although Labour, like the Tories, are caught between two stools, as they've also got voters in London and the south who wanted to remain as well as northern towns that voted in big numbers to leave.

It's made politics interesting but whether anything fundamental will change I'm very doubtful as both big parties want to protect the status quo that has given them both power since the War.

Farage is a one-trick pony, a millionaire public school boy who has made a mint from the City and as an MEP, but portrays himself as a man of the working people with a fag in his mouth and a pint glass in hand. He's failed 7 times to get elected as an MP and is simply an opportunist extremist who flits from party to party like a moth to keep his naked ambitions alive. We've got wide ranging opinions on here about him but for me he's a nasty piece of work, a loud mouthed jingoistic racist, who associates himself with even nastier parties around the world, including the far right in America, Hungary, France and Germany.

He's conning an awful lot of people and playing on their fears and emotions in a nasty cheap underhand manner.

History has thrown up a few like-minded men over the years!

You might be right although Labour, like the Tories, are caught between two stools, as they've also got voters in London and the south who wanted to remain as well as northern towns that voted in big numbers to leave.

It's made politics interesting but whether anything fundamental will change I'm very doubtful as both big parties want to protect the status quo that has given them both power since the War.

Farage is a one-trick pony, a millionaire public school boy who has made a mint from the City and as an MEP, but portrays himself as a man of the working people with a fag in his mouth and a pint glass in hand. He's failed 7 times to get elected as an MP and is simply an opportunist extremist who flits from party to party like a moth to keep his naked ambitions alive. We've got wide ranging opinions on here about him but for me he's a nasty piece of work, a loud mouthed jingoistic racist, who associates himself with even nastier parties around the world, including the far right in America, Hungary, France and Germany.

He's conning an awful lot of people and playing on their fears and emotions in a nasty cheap underhand manner.

The fact he is a millionaire public school boy or he has made a mint from the city doesn't bother me at all...... the rest is worrying.

Nigel Farage is a dangerous man with a huge ego. He is a modern day "Che Guevara/Mussolini type character", not in his political leanings but in his ability to polarize/sway a large number of people to his side/way of thinking irrespective of what is good for the country.

Nigel Farage is a dangerous man with a huge ego. He is a modern day "Che Guevara/Mussolini type character", not in his political leanings but in his ability to polarize/sway a large number of people to his side/way of thinking irrespective of what is good for the country.

You have just described every political party leader since time began

"Data from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) showed more than £1,400billion-worth of investment stock flowed into the UK from abroad during 2018.*Only the US and China attracted more foreign capital and loans than this country during the 12-month period, the figures confirmed. International Trade Secretary Liam Fox MP said the total - more than the foreign investment in Germany, Spain and Poland combined - showed that doom mongers who predicted an economic downturn after the 2016 referendum vote to quit the EU had been proved wrong again."

"Data from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) showed more than £1,400billion-worth of investment stock flowed into the UK from abroad during 2018.*Only the US and China attracted more foreign capital and loans than this country during the 12-month period, the figures confirmed. International Trade Secretary Liam Fox MP said the total - more than the foreign investment in Germany, Spain and Poland combined - showed that doom mongers who predicted an economic downturn after the 2016 referendum vote to quit the EU had been proved wrong again."

That's been kept quiet geo?

Sounds familiar apart from the fag and pint?

I think everyone should be pleased if our economy performs well - though I tend to read between the lines when it's in the Express and it's only one indication across a whole swathe of economic data.

It also says, "Economically, the preferred Brexit option should be to forge an agreement that will ensure the closest possible trading relationship with the European Union and high access for financial services to overseas markets. Temporary measures will be needed to cushion the economy and support displaced workers in the event of a no-deal exit."

Anything Fox says I take with a pinch of salt as he's yet another failed Tory politician who should not be in office and can't be trusted.

He resigned as Defence Secretary when he illegally appointed his best friend to a top job in the Ministry of Defence. He's never shown any remorse but his bad judgement and lies of course continued when he told us all that a trade deal "would be the easiest in human history" and then promised everyone he'd have 40 trade deals by March and managed 9 minor ones.

He blew another 100k on a business podcast that hardly anyone listened to, in addition to being one of the biggest culprits in the MPs expenses scandal.

That's one of my major worries in all this. The people who are in charge of carrying out Brexit are either incompetent, bare faced liars, shamelessly shafting the system or totally unsuited for public office. It's staggering to see then all getting away with blue murder when any other person in any other walk of life would have been sacked or dismissed.

Archived