onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

I lived worked married and had a kid pre EU .

Money was available, jobs were available and politicians lied

After the EU......

Money is tight, jobs less available, 3 divorces and 6 kids and politicians still lie.

That's not all down to the EU?.

I'm glad you've realised the 6 kids weren't down to the EU, geo!! Money being tight is down to Tory austerity. Jobs are more available than they've ever been. But politicians still like and are, as you've rightly said, all bloody incompetent. I never thought I'd hanker after the likes of Heseltine, Jenkins and Co - blokes with a brain.

Good posts from yourself and Sage. Just one query from me I believe that most sensible leave voters wanted to leave with a deal, not to crash out. That deal has not been agreed partly down to the stubbornness of the ERG group in the Tory party.

That deal has not been made......... do you want to crash out as you put it?...... or slither out shackled and cuffed to the thing you are leaving? Better known as Mays deal.

The ERG have waffled about it, the Tories have flapped at it, Labour have dithered over it and the incidentals seem to be bewildered by it.

I think most leave voters would want a good deal.... there hasn't been a good one on the table... it's that simple.

May has put her bad deal forward 4 times.... rejected 4 times.

Labour have proposed staying in but calling it leaving..... rejected.

Lib dems have lost the script completely.

SNP are calling for Indy ref 2 and keeping the pound.?... that's a giant leap forward.

The trouble with 600 headless chickens is they all run in different directions bumping into each other....... putting them in a big building in London doesn't seem to alter their lack of direction.

That deal has not been made......... do you want to crash out as you put it?...... or slither out shackled and cuffed to the thing you are leaving? Better known as Mays deal.

The ERG have waffled about it, the Tories have flapped at it, Labour have dithered over it and the incidentals seem to be bewildered by it.

I think most leave voters would want a good deal.... there hasn't been a good one on the table... it's that simple.

May has put her bad deal forward 4 times.... rejected 4 times.

Labour have proposed staying in but calling it leaving..... rejected.

Lib dems have lost the script completely.

SNP are calling for Indy ref 2 and keeping the pound.?... that's a giant leap forward.

The trouble with 600 headless chickens is they all run in different directions bumping into each other....... putting them in a big building in London doesn't seem to alter their lack of direction.

Yet theLeave advocates told us it would be easy.

I'm glad you've realised the 6 kids weren't down to the EU, geo!! Money being tight is down to Tory austerity. Jobs are more available than they've ever been. But politicians still like and are, as you've rightly said, all bloody incompetent. I never thought I'd hanker after the likes of Heseltine, Jenkins and Co - blokes with a brain.

There were far more jobs when I left school than there are now Jean. I don't blame the EU for money being tight or jobs or industry failings..... that's down to successive governments over the decades.

I could suggest to the Tories you can't starve yourself out of a famine and to Labour you can't keep spending money you don't have or can't afford to repay..... but would they listen?...... it has to be one or the other extreme.

There were far more jobs when I left school than there are now Jean. I don't blame the EU for money being tight or jobs or industry failings..... that's down to successive governments over the decades.

I could suggest to the Tories you can't starve yourself out of a famine and to Labour you can't keep spending money you don't have or can't afford to repay..... but would they listen?...... it has to be one or the other extreme.

Apparently there are more folk in work in the Uk now than at any time in the history of the world. Agree with your last paragraph.

So why is Labour talking of changing it's manifesto to ward off losing seats to the brexit party?

Manifestos are solely to gain votes at an election, to see what flys with the public. It's got little to do with what's best for the country, if it was they would follow them religiously with no variations...... Labour appeal to the poorer by offering them more of what they think they want at the cost of those who already have it..... Tories try to reverse the roll but imply it's best for everyone in the long run.

Take a look at what's been proposed by both parties regarding elderly care...... if you have worked your nuts off to buy a house you are expected to pay 30k into the pot..... if you have peed it up a wall and live in rented accomodation you don't have to.

How about politicians who have made huge sums off second homes paying it all into the pot?

Politics has deteriorated to school yard level, although it's never been much higher.. neither party is fit to govern, one to far right the other to far left..... they can't get their figures right, their policies right or their lies right..... they are all bloody incompetent.

Elderly care, very much a lottery, some people pop their clogs after a few days of illness or even less. Where at the other end of the scale others will have a long period of high maintenance care at considerable cost. Should there not be a national insurance scheme to spread out the cost impact, so that it does not fall the heaviest on the ones that have suffered the most? One contribution could be that pensioners pay NI as they pay tax, other sources from inheritance tax and trust funds, etc.

Archived