onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Damnation....... that bloody Europe has to go..... can we get out of it somehow I wonder?

Even when (if) we leave the EU we don't lose the Human Rights court as it was set up under an entirely different treaty.

You should have known that Geo. :smile:

Advert

Guest TommyMac

Do you go to the dentist and question him when he says you need a filling? Or the doctor who tells you to take these pills or risk a heart attack?

Or do you shrug your shoulders and say "No thanks. I don't like what you're telling me. I know better."

And yet you keep spouting off about a second referendum which in your analogy above would mean your doctor told you to take pills or risk a heart attack and you shrug your shoulders and say "hang on, I'll go and ask the people who live on our estate if they think I should take them".

Not similar at all, UK based on reasonably similar sized constituencies, not that the UK can criticise anyone with its unelected House of Lords. but no politicians will ever change a system that keeps them in power even if it does not work.

How would you change it? Both elections in the States and over here are done on regions, most wins, both referendums in Scotland and Brexit were done on most votes. To me both forms seem fair, can swap it around if you like but what is the point? You are clutching at straws by saying Clinton should have got in because had 2 million more votes, perhaps she should have concentrated more on her weaker states. Thank god Brexit won over 60% of the constituencies because had they won less than 50% people would be claiming Remain won the referendum and the vote is a fix!

And yet you keep spouting off about a second referendum which in your analogy above would mean your doctor told you to take pills or risk a heart attack and you shrug your shoulders and say "hang on, I'll go and ask the people who live on our estate if they think I should take them".

But if they say he should he will insist on asking them again with a different style question now they know all the facts until he gets the answer he wants.

How would you change it? Both elections in the States and over here are done on regions, most wins, both referendums in Scotland and Brexit were done on most votes. To me both forms seem fair, can swap it around if you like but what is the point? You are clutching at straws by saying Clinton should have got in because had 2 million more votes, perhaps she should have concentrated more on her weaker states. Thank god Brexit won over 60% of the constituencies because had they won less than 50% people would be claiming Remain won the referendum and the vote is a fix!
Winning constituencies did not affect the result it was only the total votes that did, no reason why total votes cannot determine the presidency, just that politicians live in the past. Everyone knows the referendum was rigged, but it cannot be challenged as it was only advisory.

Winning constituencies did not affect the result it was only the total votes that did, no reason why total votes cannot determine the presidency, just that politicians live in the past. Everyone knows the referendum was rigged, but it cannot be challenged as it was only advisory.

If it was rigged mate something went seriously wrong because leave won.... that's not what the polls and forecasters were predicting.

You moan when total votes go against you, you moan when total constituencies go against you. Let’s face it you cannot stand defeat.

Being a Port Vale fan must be a nightmare :thumbs::thumbs:

All I am doing is criticising the systems and methods used to maintain politicians in cosy safe seats. PMs can have as many votes as they want on Brexit, we only get one. Far more losers than the few winners with Brexit.

You moan when total votes go against you, you moan when total constituencies go against you. Let’s face it you cannot stand defeat.

That is the sort of stuff we have had from the Leavers since the referendum. Instead of accepting that almost half of those who voted wanted to remain and, therefore, a degree of compromise might have been the way forward, we have just had over two years of yah boo sucks you lost. If the ERG had any sense, we would already have agreed a Brexit deal and avoided all this crap.

That is the sort of stuff we have had from the Leavers since the referendum. Instead of accepting that almost half of those who voted wanted to remain and, therefore, a degree of compromise might have been the way forward, we have just had over two years of yah boo sucks you lost. If the ERG had any sense, we would already have agreed a Brexit deal and avoided all this crap.

Rubbish. Go back and look at your thread that you pulled up a few days ago, we've had years of remainers recycling garbage irrelevant points because they simply cannot accept that they lost.

If we leave with a terrible deal, it wont be the fault of brexiters, it will be the fault of remainers in Government and Parliament.

There is no compromise in a 2 horse race with a clear winner. If you attempt to compromise it will simply mean that instead of 52% getting what they wanted, 0% will get what they wanted. Great compromise. It's clear that the remain side have failed at getting the result over turned and have focused their energy on "if we can't win, neither can you"

Archived