onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tonight's League 2 games.

For Us All

Advert

As an illustration of how stupid decisions and long term complacency are disasterous bedfellows Morecambe drew tonight to confirm Chesterfield's relegation in front of a home crowd of 992! That's about a quarter of Chesterfield's gate at best, probably more like a fifth. The size of your club / support is no insurance against bad management.

Real shame for Chesterfield. Its a close away game for us and its a similar size club to ours too. Doesn't seem so long ago that they seemed to be going for it when Richards went there and they opened the new ground. Now look where they are.

One year out is not so bad as long as you come straight back up like Bristol Rovers did.

It's mad to think there must be young Wrexham fans who've only ever seen non-league football.

Hartlepool and Orient have had shockers and poor old Torquay have gone again.

It's a graveyard down there!

Really disappointed that Chesterfield have gone mainly because there'll be no visits to my second favourite away pub, The Derby Tup. If Notts County go up, there's no visits to my No 1, The Vat and Fiddle and I'll be distraught!

seems like they are issues with the owner, money n building up debt whilst not spending, sounds familiar ..

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=62631&st=60

I've just had a scan through their board and noticed this post;

"AC is a curious fellow. Not an enigma, wrapped in mystery. You know when women say they want a knight in shining armour, and not a vvanker in tinfoil? Well, AC wears tinfoil around here...

You see, AC*loves*having a title of director/company secretary as it appeals to his egocentric manner. It affords him the opportunity to walk around, look and and feel important in the bubble that is professional football. Just as there are only 92 professional managers in the English game, there's only 92 director/company secretaries, so AC thinks he's in rarified air.

Now, when you're as important as AC and have a position of such responsibility, it's a sign of weakness to ask for any help whatsoever when making decisions in an industry you know absolutely nothing about. AC asking for help is like watching Del Boy in*Only Fools And Horses*go through his yuppy phase and pronounce "breakfast is for wimps!"*

One of AC's interview platitudes is that "we've made a mistake and we need to learn from that" - but*HE*never does. He makes the same mistake repeatedly and doles out the same whiny drivel, with the occasional "I'm doing this for free, you know" to try and distance himself from the blame and responsibility. If he'd not had his breakfast AND dropped a bo//ock on the same day, he used to get angry on twitter and call supporters a C U Next Tuesday and then claim the 4 letter word with a C and T in it he wanted to type was actually cute. Or the more believable "I've been hacked by someone in Scunthorpe".

Throughout his disastrous tenure here, he's been gifted opportunities to meet with professionals regarding a number of on-field and off-field matters and ignored them all. There's a strong suggestion supported by many that he and MD already have a strained relationship since his appointment. So, even in MD is able - and he is - will AC ever swallow his pride to even listen to, let alone alone act on good advice? Never in a million years, sadly."

The similarities with Smurthwaite are ridiculously spooky.

I've just had a scan through their board and noticed this post;

"AC is a curious fellow. Not an enigma, wrapped in mystery. You know when women say they want a knight in shining armour, and not a vvanker in tinfoil? Well, AC wears tinfoil around here...

You see, AC*loves*having a title of director/company secretary as it appeals to his egocentric manner. It affords him the opportunity to walk around, look and and feel important in the bubble that is professional football. Just as there are only 92 professional managers in the English game, there's only 92 director/company secretaries, so AC thinks he's in rarified air.

Now, when you're as important as AC and have a position of such responsibility, it's a sign of weakness to ask for any help whatsoever when making decisions in an industry you know absolutely nothing about. AC asking for help is like watching Del Boy in*Only Fools And Horses*go through his yuppy phase and pronounce "breakfast is for wimps!"*

One of AC's interview platitudes is that "we've made a mistake and we need to learn from that" - but*HE*never does. He makes the same mistake repeatedly and doles out the same whiny drivel, with the occasional "I'm doing this for free, you know" to try and distance himself from the blame and responsibility. If he'd not had his breakfast AND dropped a bo//ock on the same day, he used to get angry on twitter and call supporters a C U Next Tuesday and then claim the 4 letter word with a C and T in it he wanted to type was actually cute. Or the more believable "I've been hacked by someone in Scunthorpe".

Throughout his disastrous tenure here, he's been gifted opportunities to meet with professionals regarding a number of on-field and off-field matters and ignored them all. There's a strong suggestion supported by many that he and MD already have a strained relationship since his appointment. So, even in MD is able - and he is - will AC ever swallow his pride to even listen to, let alone alone act on good advice? Never in a million years, sadly."

The similarities with Smurthwaite are ridiculously spooky.

I've pondered this recently. I think Norman has always been quite arrogant and contemptuous towards fans, but those traits will have been made worse by his mixing with other chairmen (plenty of whom seem ego-freaks).

I'd imagine he hears "Fxck 'em, they'll keep coming back whatever you do" quite regularly.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in some of his conversations with other chairmen.

To be honest even until recently I've given him the benefit of the doubt even when alarm bells were ringing. But his "None of your business" remark to the fan who asked him the value of the club was the final straw for me. He's lucky he didn't get thumped for that, and make no mistake he would have done at many clubs.

I’ll tell you for a fact that there are a number of other Chairman and directors who regard him as a clown.

Him and backstabber Fradley represent us to 91 other clubs. When they think of us they think of that pair of absolute ********. What a disgrace. Our downfall under Smurthwaite will take years to fix once he’s finally cut out like the malignancy on the club he is.

Archived