onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Results may not go our way and players may be inconsistent at times or put in a poor performance, but I wouldn't level at the players that they're playing with no pride or passion. We play poorly or lose and the over exaggeration and over reaction goes off the scale with all the moaning fans on here and social media.

Advert

Would honestly consider giving Middleton a bash tbh.

I'm sick of Kay and Tonge. I can't take it anymore. Lob Middleton alongside Hannant and lets get some legs in there. He's played 80 games for Donny in this league and the one above; surely he isn't any worse than the oil tankers we've been utilising all season? Aspo has said that Raglan can play LB; he looked more than competent defensively on Saturday, give Howe a go and see if we can find an answer to the LB problem.

Would go with:

Lainton

Gibbons Smith Howe Raglan

Worrall Hannant Middleton Whitfield

Pope Forrester

Bench: Boot, Davis, Jules, Tonge, Montano, Wilson, Barnett

I second that. Granted he wasn't great down at Newport, but hes hardly featured since. It looks like Hannant has now taken his place in the side, whilst Hannant adds energy he doesn't add that much quality, maybe hes more willing to do the dirty side of the game than Harness is and put in the hard yards without the ball. I don't know.
I think Hannant does add quality - I've been impressed with how he has retain the ball well in tight spaces and little passes into players feet.

That said - I don't see it as an either / or situation with him and Harness. Although not a massive fan of Harness I would have them both in the team.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I would go for a 4-4-2 but with Whitfield as one of the two up top but in a 'free role' and let him d whatever comes naturally to him.

GK: Lainton

RB: Gibbons

LB: Raglan

CB: Smith

CB: Howe

RM: Worrall

LM: Harness

CM: Kay

CM: Hannant

CF: Whitfield

ST: Pope

Subs: Boot, Davis, Pugh, Tongue, Montano, Forrester, Wilson.

Would honestly consider giving Middleton a bash tbh.

I'm sick of Kay and Tonge. I can't take it anymore. Lob Middleton alongside Hannant and lets get some legs in there. He's played 80 games for Donny in this league and the one above; surely he isn't any worse than the oil tankers we've been utilising all season? Aspo has said that Raglan can play LB; he looked more than competent defensively on Saturday, give Howe a go and see if we can find an answer to the LB problem.

Would go with:

Lainton

Gibbons Smith Howe Raglan

Worrall Hannant Middleton Whitfield

Pope Forrester

Bench: Boot, Davis, Jules, Tonge, Montano, Wilson, Barnett

Can Raglan play left back??

Will need to use more players over two games. If we are going to play with two defensive midfield players we can't play two strikers because their is insufficient numbers to get the ball up through midfield. Unless the full backs are wingbacks, but they were hopeless in a different formation against Colchester.

I'd definitely bring forrester in after Tuesday. Sick of seeing us start with a negative midfield and then just pope up top I'd certainly go with him and forrester for this one.

I'd still like us to go with a back 3 and Kay in front but a more attacking one. Worrall and harness would both track back if needed.

Lainton

Raglan

Smith

Howe

Worrall

Hannant

Kay

Whitfield

Harness

Pope

Forrester

No fight, no passion or pride in the shirt. You don't attend but you've formed that opinion? How so?

I have attended but it's more exciting watching paint dry,i missed the luton game unfortunately but I've decided to give games a miss,pension only stretches so far and other more pressing matters take the lions share, never thought that I'd feel this way but there you go.goodby railway stand for the pres.

I share and understand the frustration since the New Year. We need to find a bit of form soon or else.....

However, I wouldn't make too many team changes and move too many players around. We have to play further up the pitch if we can (which is tough when our two oldest and slowest players are mid-fielders) and get support around Pope. The formation hasn't worked lately primarily because Whitfield has been a shadow of himself. Forrester could come into the reckoning and I'd play Harness for his energy but I wouldn't want to make many changes.

I share and understand the frustration since the New Year. We need to find a bit of form soon or else.....

However, I wouldn't make too many team changes and move too many players around. We have to play further up the pitch if we can (which is tough when our two oldest and slowest players are mid-fielders) and get support around Pope. The formation hasn't worked lately primarily because Whitfield has been a shadow of himself. Forrester could come into the reckoning and I'd play Harness for his energy but I wouldn't want to make many changes.

Based on the two games I've seen him play I'd say Hannant has energy equal to Harness but Luke seems a bit braver. He also seems really keen to make the step up, which probably counts for something in his overall contribution.

Archived