onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

The same problem is we have to try and bring in better but we cant , browns squad was cheap 6/7 loan players wouldn't have cost us , young lads promoted wouldn't have cost us now we are back to square one and norman told aspin he can sign under 23s from non league only --hardly the backing he promised in January don't you think

for 6months max all norman had to do was cover what neil needed instead he has gambled with our league existence-- and the prob is now even if norman said he would back neil in the summer would you really truly believe it --

M Browns budget was probably about 750k when in reality it should be 1.3-1.5 for what we generate..you cant keep pulling rabbits out of the hat it catches up with you in football in every league ..sadly it caught up with us in div 1 and now in div 2 --what do you think the next part of this circus is

No one knows what the budget was you can’t sit and estimate then talk about it like it’s gospel

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

No one knows what the budget was you can’t sit and estimate then talk about it like it’s gospel

True but what your educated guess be?

7 loanees , countless young lads ,short term contracts --what a rag tag outfit we are then repeat.. players slipping from our target only to sign for fellow teams then we hear :he was that, he is this they are no good soooo glad we didn't sign him sooo glad we let em go but hey ho the replacements have done really well don't you think

Depends on what they wanted for Ricky Miller and he’s hardly a household name despite your prediction of 30 goals.

Exactly aspo tried for 20-30 CBs he didn’t say they couldn’t afford them he said they didn’t work out for whatever reason. Most wont want to come to play in this ***** league if imagine

Who's fault is it that we're in this ***** league?

Aspin wanted to extend Gunnings contract and sign a reasonable strike partner for Pope. Not big asks. NS didn't deliver. NS broke yet another promise. Enough is enough. Get out of our club. We want an owner who will trust and back the manager.

bang on ,not a lot to ask then gives time to focus on other areas instead our defence is worse off after it being a good solid unit all for a few quid and a longer contract - but at least norm saved some cash

I’d say the manager has been backed he’s signed 6 players in total.

To be brutal, Aspin has signed 8 players in his short spell as manager (Jules, Howe, Howkins, Raglan, Regis, Wilson, Angus and Hannant) and only 2 started today. Out of those we were told that Angus was for the future but that’s five others who can’t get in a team that is not far off the worst team I have ever experienced at the Vale in 54 years. Baffling.

To be brutal, Aspin has signed 8 players in his short spell as manager (Jules, Howe, Howkins, Raglan, Regis, Wilson, Angus and Hannant) and only 2 started today. Out of those we were told that Angus was for the future but that’s five others who can’t get in a team that is not far off the worst team I have ever experienced at the Vale in 54 years. Baffling.

Does that suggest that those were the players Aspo wanted? Or that they were bargain bucket buys just to get numbers through the door?

Either the scouting, Aspo, and Rudgie ballsed up or Aspo had to sign players which he didn't massively want. Either way, its really really worrying.

After last seasons disaster and the horrendous start we had this year was just about consolidating and staying in the league, that’s the best we can hope for.

Aspins got a big job in the summer because we need to look at replacements for Pugh, Tonge, Kay, a number 9, a number 10, a keeper, plus all the loans who will no doubt go back as well.

the comment highlighted aint my comment- but aspin is trying to find a solution with nothing to play with as he has been told to sign u23s only from non league that's his brief which shows in this current squad

I'm not going to get involved in the signings or budget argument.

What I will say is that as a Port Vale fan of 45years plus we simply do not lose 5-1 to bleeding Cheltenham.

Every single player should be ashamed but I bet only 2 or 3 actually are.

Barnet and Grimsby are going to be huge as by then we may have one more point from the next 3 games.

Disgusting, shameful and embarrassing

Archived