onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

It was simply awful. It is simply Smurfwaite’s fault.

Had Gunning stayed. Had Dodds and 1 more striker came in as Aspin has stated he clearly wanted we would have been fine.

Instead we have an mix of the completely inexperienced and the too old and slow.

However Aspin does not seem to be doing much differently when he had the earlier renaissance.

This seems to be a case of the players not being bothered knowing that Smurf isn’t going to pay to replace them with better.

Advert

I agree it's disappointing we didn't sign more quality but we still have players that teams at this level including Cheltenham can only dream of, the likes of Pope, Worral, Whitfield, Smith, Raglan, Forrester are all beyond them but they have a better team cus they have a good experianced manager

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

And guts!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

This same stupid phrase again and again ‘backing the manager’. Not backing a manager is not allowing them to sign anyone and making them sell players. Very few of any managers in league 1 and 2 have been able to purchase players (pay a fee) in the summer let alone January. Aspin has been allowed to release players and pay up contracts, he’s signed 5 players, 3 of which involve a fee of some kind (pennies but a fee all the same). If you went to 95% of managers in our league and said right mate it’s January you can pay up the contracts of 2-3 players and bring in 5 most would snap your hand off.

Aspin has come into a situation he knew 100% about when he joined the club so all this nonsense about must be ready to quit because he hasn’t been backed is twoddle. Aspin knee his squad was poor (it was in the bottom 2 in the entire football league when he took over), he knew his budget had restrictions to it because of the size of the squad and he knew his job was keep them up.

Backing a manager is not making him work solely with what he has now and you will go with some of his ideas and wanted players, it’s not paying massively over the odds for a very limited pool of players and wasting money on 1-2 players that can be used to get 4-5 in the summer

Alright mate good one.

Anderson is a carthorse and gunning very average you say ,, would love a carthorse and an average player ==shame we cant afford one eh - who wants a clean sheet and a settled defence

at some point matt you have to look at the personnel and ask the question why have we got them (the manager approached 30+ ctr backs)??

We’ve got them because Brown signed most of them. Pretty simple. The manager approached 30 cbs and none wanted a move to Vale. As some clubs will be paying their wages if on loan then I doubt it was money, most wont want to play in this god awful league. Aspin didn’t say we couldn’t afford 30 he said 30 didn’t want to come

This same stupid phrase again and again ‘backing the manager’. Not backing a manager is not allowing them to sign anyone and making them sell players. Very few of any managers in league 1 and 2 have been able to purchase players (pay a fee) in the summer let alone January. Aspin has been allowed to release players and pay up contracts, he’s signed 5 players, 3 of which involve a fee of some kind (pennies but a fee all the same). If you went to 95% of managers in our league and said right mate it’s January you can pay up the contracts of 2-3 players and bring in 5 most would snap your hand off.

Aspin has come into a situation he knew 100% about when he joined the club so all this nonsense about must be ready to quit because he hasn’t been backed is twoddle. Aspin knee his squad was poor (it was in the bottom 2 in the entire football league when he took over), he knew his budget had restrictions to it because of the size of the squad and he knew his job was keep them up.

Backing a manager is not making him work solely with what he has now and you will go with some of his ideas and wanted players, it’s not paying massively over the odds for a very limited pool of players and wasting money on 1-2 players that can be used to get 4-5 in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app[/QUOT

Our owner said the Manager would be backed and his fook ups would not be passed on yet again here we are--

Aspin isn't being allowed to compete at this level , you slate players that have left which got us in a good position in December with some great results ,, we had the same manager as now so whats changed it aint rocket science.

If aspin went who would come in, one thing for sure he cares about us -he will make mistakes but a workman cant do the job without the tools

Anderson is a carthorse and gunning very average you say ,, would love a carthorse and an average player ==shame we cant afford one eh - who wants a clean sheet and a settled defence

at some point matt you have to look at the personnel and ask the question why have we got them (the manager approached 30+ ctr backs)??

Doncaster do not think so either....And Tom Anderson produced a brilliant goal-saving challenge to keep out Fosu after the Charlton winger rounded Lawlor with just 13 minutes left (BBC report against Charlton today)

It was simply awful. It is simply Smurfwaite’s fault.

Had Gunning stayed. Had Dodds and 1 more striker came in as Aspin has stated he clearly wanted we would have been fine.

Instead we have an mix of the completely inexperienced and the too old and slow.

However Aspin does not seem to be doing much differently when he had the earlier renaissance.

This seems to be a case of the players not being bothered knowing that Smurf isn’t going to pay to replace them with better.

**** me the Dodds argument again

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app[/QUOT

Our owner said the Manager would be backed and his fook ups would not be passed on yet again here we are--

Aspin isn't being allowed to compete at this level , you slate players that have left which got us in a good position in December with some great results ,, we had the same manager as now so whats changed it aint rocket science.

If aspin went who would come in, one thing for sure he cares about us -he will make mistakes but a workman cant do the job without the tools

I’d say the manager has been backed he’s signed 6 players in total.

We’ve got them because Brown signed most of them. Pretty simple. The manager approached 30 cbs and none wanted a move to Vale. As some clubs will be paying their wages if on loan then I doubt it was money, most wont want to play in this god awful league. Aspin didn’t say we couldn’t afford 30 he said 30 didn’t want to come

We have a large squad of nowt -cost nowt worth nowt taking out 12-13 players they are all who ever walked through the door --brown was terrible but that doesn't stop the consistent fault of the hierarchy --this seems to be a place you lay no blame?

We have a large squad of nowt -cost nowt worth nowt taking out 12-13 players they are all who ever walked through the door --brown was terrible but that doesn't stop the consistent fault of the hierarchy --this seems to be a place you lay no blame?

It's obvious where the blame lies. For too long, we've had so-called leadership with no understanding of football, no sense of footballing priorities, no footballing strategy, little or no integrity or transparency, and what's worse, a penny-pinching cost cutting approach

A perfect description of the reasons for our disgraceful decline.

Archived