onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

We were in for Ricky Miller. Posh chairman said Norm wouldn't fork out. Aspo wanted him.

Aspo said we tried for 20-30 centrebacks.

Today on RS,just before the game,Aspo stated that those who complain about the signings need to come into the real world.We are in a relegation scrap in League 2 operating within a budget.He asked about Miller and then stated that complainers should ask him(Aspo) what Miller and Shrewsbury wanted.Aspo said he will be doing what’s best for the club.FFP applies at Port Vale.

Advert

Today on RS,just before the game,Aspo stated that those who complain about the signings need to come into the real world.We are in a relegation scrap in League 2 operating within a budget.He asked about Miller and then stated that complainers should ask him(Aspo) what Miller and Shrewsbury wanted.Aspo said he will be doing what’s best for the club.FFP applies at Port Vale.

We have just made £2.2m. We signed a lad for free from Redditch, a lad from Gateshead, and a few young lads on loan.

We have decent attendances for this level, even in the current shambles. I ain't expecting brilliant players but a few lads who aren't too young or too old with League 2 experience isn't too unrealistic?

I have no doubt Aspo would do whats best for us and has had to work in a budget. I can't imagine many other clubs earning what we have (even the 250k last Jan surpasses most other clubs transfer income) and having to scramble around for bargains.

I don't know mate, I'm just so wound up. We were in a half decent position so recently in League 1, and now there's a genuine fear we're playing non-league football next season, from which we may never recover.

A strange mixture of fear, anger, apathy, disillusionment, and regret. Only thing keeping me going is that I rate Aspo, even if he is a little bit daft at timees.

How do all the other so called big clubs in this league manage,, Accrington,crawley,yeovil,fgr,exeter,wycombe,carlisle etc etc etc

There's no point in appointing a decent manager if you don't back him, despite making over 2m in 12 months, and leave Tony ******* Fradley in charge of the club.

We're in limbo; being drip-fed funds to stave off extinction but not enough for anything above woeful football, woeful crowds, and woeful existence. He won't let us go bump as he's got too much money tied up, but he isn't bothered about doing good for the sake of Port Vale. We're simply existing; football for the sake of football, nothing to look forward to, lots to dread. No ambition, no excitement, no optimism. All because one clown got annoyed when we got knocked out the cup by Exeter a few years back, and has veered from calamity to catastrophe ever since.

Its the most frustrating, horrendous time to a Vale fan. Maybe I'm being hyperbolic but all my life (bar 2012/13-2015) we've been rubbish. I've had enough.

Just remind us all on will you when we actually received this £2m?

be too late then

he promised to back him in January and didn't ,other teams around us have and we get left behind..he needed to build on the December feel good factor but instead let it crumble --you cant expect any manager to perform by chucking darts at a list --Aspin has built a good solid team out of the dregs of m brown only to have the rug pulled from him all with the blessing of the man carrying 30pcs of silver

We were in for Ricky Miller. Posh chairman said Norm wouldn't fork out. Aspo wanted him.

Aspo said we tried for 20-30 centrebacks.

Depends on what they wanted for Ricky Miller and he’s hardly a household name despite your prediction of 30 goals.

Exactly aspo tried for 20-30 CBs he didn’t say they couldn’t afford them he said they didn’t work out for whatever reason. Most wont want to come to play in this ***** league if imagine

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived