onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

That’s fair, he’d be the first to accept.

I still think with a solid backing he’d sort us out. Not even loads of money, just competency.

Correct mate. Lord Lard publicly stated when Aspo joined that he'd be backed in January. As per track record that turned out to be another 'misleading statement' as all Aspo's targets were missed and we ended up desperately signing kids from Prem club reserves, a couple of non league hopefuls and Charlie Raglan, who, let's be honest, is still trying to establish himself at league level. No left back. No proven central midfielders. No proven forwards.

I wouldn't be shocked if Aspo resigned on the basis he was lied to when he joined in order to get him here.

Advert

Phil people are completely unrealistic about what can be done. When premier league managers are moaning that they can’t get the right players with 100m to spend then we know there’s issues across the whole of the UK. Manager won’t let players go because they can’t sign player easily. We tried and go very little of any quality. Hannant looks decent and is a real bonus

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Agreed. I thought I was the only one

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Phil people are completely unrealistic about what can be done. When premier league managers are moaning that they can’t get the right players with 100m to spend then we know there’s issues across the whole of the UK. Manager won’t let players go because they can’t sign player easily. We tried and go very little of any quality. Hannant looks decent and is a real bonus

But we always end up weaker after January? smurf pockets are bulging and he wont put his hand in meaning we feed off scraps whilst everyone can nick our players

we will get to summer and wont sign until end july / august as he doesn't want to waste money until earnings are coming in-then scraps left and the cycle repeats --blame manager change repeat repeat --one common denominator

I now think I am done forever. Even we make it to the Premier League it will never football as I know it. Vale have died twice in my life until today. Tofay was the third time and I lost the ******* to carry on while a ball ***** faced frick wit is in charge. I posted this on the official FB site and followed it up with a photo of the league table.

"I will let this sit here Norman Smurthwaite. It will also sit on several sites. What is your answer to this absolute disgrace? Yeah you brought in Aspin and all was well, too well, that good that you didn't fund him for improvements? If you cannot improve the club then just go. It is now 4am in Melbourne and I am losing the will to carry on. 12 years ago I called my dad back in Stoke and asked him to put his phone by the radio so that I could listen to the game from a phone box at 2am. Now I am at the point whereby you have made us **** to watch, so expensive to watch, so difficult to buy a ticket that I think 1.why would I subscribe to Ifollow next season. 2. Why would locals in Stoke walk up and a buy a ticket? 3. Why woild die hards buy a ticket? 23 quid for that **** dished up today? I would go mental. You an absolute class act buffoon. Just go, take the marketing department with you as they have no clue as to how to engage with locals. Take Colin Garlic with you as he is uselss and improved nothing. Take Fradley with you as he is a ***** and adds nothing. Just go Norman. Nobody wants you. Today was the final straw.

Amen a level headed thought about the team and where we are. We need in my opinion to start to do what we did against Luton and a few other and play with one of Kay or Tonge sitting and holding with a three of Hannant, Whitfield and Worrell behind Pope. We need runners going past Pope and taking pressure off our defense which has been the issue of late. We spend long periods of time where we are under near constant pressure sitting too deep because Kay and Tonge can’t go and pressure because they are too slow going back and there is no proper outlet other than a hoof to Pope. We have enough quality to stay up and I think we need the new players brought in to bed in and gel. ***** today but we are patching till the summer.

I agree that we need a change in line up / style of play but I'm worried that we don't 'have enough quality to stay up'. For me the first thing I'd do is put Worrall in central midfield, he has the quality, experience and energy to improve that department which has been the core of our problems for seasons now.

But we always end up weaker after January? smurf pockets are bulging and he wont put his hand in meaning we feed off scraps whilst everyone can nick our players

Are we weaker you really think? Last year yes, this year I’d argue we arent. Not that smurf has done any decent investment but Anderson and Gunning were very average at best. It just happened the squad was playing consistently well and made them look good solid. Anderson is a carthorse and Gunning is just a league 2 journeyman. We got rid of a lot of deadwood and brought in some players with potential as well as players to replace the above. Our down turn in form isn’t down to those two leaving it’s a drop in form across the squad really. Whitfield, Gibbons, Montano, Smith and both keepers have seen major drops in consistency of their performances coupled with us having some ***** luck and we are where we are. being a total unknown quantity under Aspin to start with gave us a run of games where we were difficult to prepare for now teams have scouted us and know what to expect. We are predictable and slow across the middle of the pitch and teams play round Kay and Tonge like statues. That system doesn’t work and needs changing. I wouldn’t say we are weaker due to transfers I’d say we’ve been found out

we will get to summer and wont sign until end july / august as he doesn't want to waste money until earnings are coming in-then scraps left and the cycle repeats --blame manager change repeat repeat --one common denominator

We are saddled with a useless chairman who knows nothing about football. Meanwhile he continues to suck the life out of our club the sooner he realises that he is a boil on the arse of this club can’t come soon enough for me.

So, is Aspin still on Barnsley's shortlist???

The circus that is Port Vale Football Club just rolls on and on.

Today's is THE worst result I can remember in the 35+ years I've been following the Vale, and there have been some absolute shockers in there.

The attitude of the pitch is basically a reflection of the attitude that runs through the entire football club; every single facet has got that "can't-be-arsed" feel about it. The club might as well have "we are where we are" as the motto above the Main Entrance, but I suspect looking at the stadium map by the ticket office, that would be too much trouble.

If by some miracle we survive this season, then it's only delaying the inevitable. Who in their right mind is going to pay £250-£350 to renew their season tickets, or £23 per game, to watch has-been s like TOngue and Kay looking for one last pay-day, or Wolves youth players?? Not me that's for sure.

Absolute shambles, from top to bottom.

I agree that we need a change in line up / style of play but I'm worried that we don't 'have enough quality to stay up'. For me the first thing I'd do is put Worrall in central midfield, he has the quality, experience and energy to improve that department which has been the core of our problems for seasons now.

Simply Kay and Tonge are too immobile to play together. Young quick player must think its Xmas day lining up against those two. Quick one touch football like Cheltenham, Accrington and Mansfield play means they chase shadows constantly and are terrified of going forward. So we end up with 4 defenders and 2 CMs 5 yards apart and all 30 yards from our own goal. We need far more energy and craft in that middle and that’s down to Aspin to make the right choices for the 11 players and stop trying desperately to get Forrester in the team. We can’t play with two big strikers and smash balls upto them it’s not Sunday league. We need energy and runners to get pressure off our defence and to cause the opposition problems. At the moment we are easy to play

I've been a critic of Smurf but it's not his fault this time, he gave what 99% of fans wanted in the dream team of Aspin and Rudge but they have proven to be completely clueless and believe it or not we have actually got worse after a brief upturn now are destined for non league after decades in the league. Most disappointing from a personal point of view is I dreamed of my son being Vale mad like I was when my dad first took me matches but he doesn't want go at all having been a couple of matches

Errrmmm....just wow! Can it actually get any worse?

The answer to that is yes - you could be a supporter of Sjoke.

Sounds like Aspin is reading the riot act to them - so don't expect to hear much from him tonight. Radio Sjoke has just read out a text which had a good point. Get Aspin to ask the players who actually want to play for Vale. Those who say no - get rid of them now. Drastic but all players who put on the shirt should give it 100% - the fans do.

I've been a critic of Smurf but it's not his fault this time, he gave what 99% of fans wanted in the dream team of Aspin and Rudge but they have proven to be completely clueless and believe it or not we have actually got worse after a brief upturn now are destined for non league after decades in the league. Most disappointing from a personal point of view is I dreamed of my son being Vale mad like I was when my dad first took me matches but he doesn't want go at all having been a couple of matches

Honestly mate, have you been drinking? You are fully entitled to your opinion but reading a lot of your posts I have to say mine is almost the complete opposite.

Archived