onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bubbles bost

It is so instructive to be on here. Thanks Earle for informing me it is all Page's fault. Here's me thinking the root problem is we're a tin pot badly run club with a penny pinching ************ in command. But actually it is Page to blame. Thanks for that.

Advert

Its going to be touch and go this season. Right down to the wire. I have faith in Aspo. That’s partly down to my emotional bias. After Ray Walker Aspo was my favourite ever player. That said I think he can keep us up. Even with the poor quality left by Brown we are playing better, more organised and with support upfront for Pope. At Lincoln we played well first half and rubbish second half. During Brown’s days we were rubbish for the whole 90 minutes. Aspo has got the vast majority of the fans behind him. You would have to go back a few managers to find that level of support. Aspo also doesn’t deal in sound bites but says it as it is unlike his predecessors the worst being Page. In the background he’s got the genius that is Rudgie. Regis could cause us problems due to a typical Vale administrative cock up but from a playing perspective might be Rudgie’s latest rough diamond. In Aspo I trust.

i dont think the bubble has burst we've just played probably 2 of the stronger teams in the league for the 1st half we totally outplayed mansfield and created enough chances to win 2 games against lincoln we got back into the game but didn't do anything 2nd half. our problem is goals other than pope and whitfield and maybe turner there isn't many goals in the team. when Aspin took over we were that far adrift but now we've caught up with everyone so hopefully we can still pick up some wins from now till january when hopefully Aspin can bring in some better players and hopefully more goals.

It is so instructive to be on here. Thanks Earle for informing me it is all Page's fault. Here's me thinking the root problem is we're a tin pot badly run club with a penny pinching ************ in command. But actually it is Page to blame. Thanks for that.

easy to call someone a penny pincher when you aint paying the wages. He could amassively argue vale fans are penny pinchers for not turning up and paying. Swings and roundabouts really, fans the length of the country want chairmen to spend big and tickets that cost little. We are no different to anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Makes you smile when you read this again, we are all guilty of knee jerk reaction and this thread epitomises such.

The Mansfield was a freak, Lincoln was dreadful.

Given we were dreadful every week under Brown these two were a blip on Aspins tenure so far. Since Lincoln 10 points from 12.... brilliant reaction.

I'd say so far Swindon which I maintain would of finished 0-0 had Taylor not scored his great free kick , and Lincoln are the only proper poor performances since the change was made.

We will undoubtedly lose 2 on the trot again this season, let's hope we see the bigger picture and not go overboard if it does happen.

I don't know where peoples' perspectives disappear to? 5 points in 11 games under Brown, now 23 points from 13 matches with Neil Aspen in charge--don't know about bursting bubles, but I'm bursting with pride at the turn arond in my team's fortunes--a small miracle--and people still complain!

I don't know where peoples' perspectives disappear to? 5 points in 11 games under Brown, now 23 points from 13 matches with Neil Aspen in charge--don't know about bursting bubles, but I'm bursting with pride at the turn arond in my team's fortunes--a small miracle--and people still complain!

Spot on Bill,have you noticed how the likes of Davo666,Black and White and the other trolls have gone missing recently?

Archived