onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

dunno what interview you were listening 2. He didnt stumble at all 2 the one I heard

Just listened back to last nights interview on the iplayer and at 47 mins Blakeman asks about the Brian Horton rumours. Smurf says he last spoke to him when he was at Doncaster and when pressed further about him being one of the legends that he would speak with thats where he stumbles and admits not knowing every legend at club, he mumbles something about him living locally, and says hes not one that he would put on the map. But if he applied for the job then he'll go through the due process as everyone else. Maybe I misunderstood what he meant, but it comes across like he didn't know Hortons history with us :sad:

Advert

This is a bloke who bought the club quite literally accidentally.

This is a bloke who claimed to have spoken to Bill Bell 6 months after he died.

A bloke who relegated us after buying some magic beans from a Norwegian car cleaning product salesman and who decided £90k on Mbamba via a petrol and coke wholesaler from Hale was a good idea.

I'm surprised Norman can spell Port Vale, never mind have any historical club knowledge whatsoever.

That's Beaumont Leys. :smile: But you're right, it's shyte.

I used to work in Leicester and can tell you a lot more ***tty places if you want.

Being a Leicestershire lad I can advise most of it is! Although some nice parts.

Onto the interview:

It was a harder listen than Saturday night for me and seemed to be weighing down on him more last night.

He was his usual brutally blunt self which isn't always a bad thing but we know he isn't the best PR man, sure he'd admit that himself.

Positives was that he said he would buy our way to safety so if he meant that then that's good. He needs guidance on this though and think that's where Adams coming back into the fold even as DOF would be a huge help. It is clear he isn't going anywhere, whilst he has made mistakes I don't believe it to be malicious so guess in the current situation we just need to get behind him and the club to ensure we keep our EFL status and deal with everything else in the summer if/once secured that.

Great post. He has wrecked the Club.

Go now and retain a crumb of respect. It's as if you're playing a sick game with us.

He has wrecked the club but I don't accept ok purpose. FairPlay if he starts listening and accept that he needs a CEO and director of football. It's a step in the right direction for sure

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He has wrecked the club but I don't accept ok purpose. FairPlay if he starts listening and accept that he needs a CEO

I don't for one minute believe Norman has wrecked the club on purpose. I just think he grossly underestimated the magnitude of the task and thought running a football club would be a doddle. Remember his "lower turnover than Stoke Audi - how hard can it be?" comment.

Being a Leicestershire lad I can advise most of it is! Although some nice parts.

Onto the interview:

It was a harder listen than Saturday night for me and seemed to be weighing down on him more last night.

He was his usual brutally blunt self which isn't always a bad thing but we know he isn't the best PR man, sure he'd admit that himself.

Positives was that he said he would buy our way to safety so if he meant that then that's good. He needs guidance on this though and think that's where Adams coming back into the fold even as DOF would be a huge help. It is clear he isn't going anywhere, whilst he has made mistakes I don't believe it to be malicious so guess in the current situation we just need to get behind him and the club to ensure we keep our EFL status and deal with everything else in the summer if/once secured that.

Talking about Shute holes BURSLUM made the BBC news this lunchtime as it's been awarded the Shyte hole of britian in terms of empty derelict shops etc

I don't for one minute believe Norman has wrecked the club on purpose. I just think he grossly underestimated the magnitude of the task and thought running a football club would be a doddle. Remember his "lower turnover than Stoke Audi - how hard can it be?" comment.

When someone has always been in charge of his own destiny it is difficult to get out of that mode and rely on others.He may now realise that delegating is the best way forward.

In my view,the interview was a complete waste of air space and I was no better informed at the end of it. The only positive thing to come out it is that it confirmed that Smurthwaite is a delusional buffoon who has no intention of selling the club any time soon. It can't get any more depressing than that.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived