onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

The last paragraph l pledge and agree its best not trying to defend anything of the past and try and stablelise the future

And with that l sign off

In other words, let's not talk about the past because you pesky kids have me wrapped in knots and I'd rather not talk about it because I'm ******.

Now, please give me a 32nd chance!

Here we go again. Hoping he gets it right finally.

Advert

It’s such a shame again that this forum even exists and let’s the abuse happen. I repeat myself every other week. Poor administration team and owner of the site in my opinion. I’ve said it before but port vale football club would be such a nicer place without Moan Vale Fan.

How can a owner motivate himself when reading the garbage you idiots put? It’s such a shame that you small amount of brain dead individuals surpass the clever intelligent people who understand what football is about. You don’t goto the vale because you can’t afford to go let’s be honest your using the poor results as an excuse, a true fan stands through thick and thin. You’re just scum of the earth.

You’re absolutely deluded if you think he is purposely trying to run the club into the ground. Yeah makes sense run the club into nothing so it’s worth nothing? Can see you studied well at school then... not.

Have you got nothing better to do? You even pick fault with his interview, have a word with yourself in the mirror.

I would love to see positive comments on here on day. You even slate Pope, he’s one of our own and you still use him as a whipping boy.

It’s funny I guarantee non of you would say anything you say if you were face to face and not behind a keyboard being a internet warrior.

Seriously grow up, it’s not a soap on the television. This is real life, if you don’t have anything logical to say just keep quiet, think before you speak.

Unfortunately some fans can't just be happy to support the team they need to know every little detail and scrutinise everything then if it doesn't sound true assume the worst then work themselves up into a frenzy social media is pathetic

Get Adams in, listen to him, let him effectively appoint the next manager and thus minimise risk in my view.

Personally, I think Norman is determined to stay to try and put this right. It doesn't stack up that he's in it for profit. Call it a sense of responsibility or call it ego, he's here for a while,I reckon. We have a decent core to the squad and the situation is redeemable, best of luck to him and for obvious reasons I hope he succeeds.

Some think it was his best interview yet? For me he was just the same bumbling, contradicting, patronising idiot that he always is.

A few points that made me laugh/cringe/cry:

Doesn't know when he wants to appoint a new manager by.

Doesn't know if it will be him or Garlick having the final say.

Doesn't want to say how much he wants for the club.

Paid more for Bruno than MA (lol)

Has never spoke to Nigel Adkins but knows he wants a job in the Championship.

Can't remember getting on the bus at Exeter.

Blamed offering the peanuts contracts on others.

Thought JFH was still playing football.

Thought Abbey Hulton was a pub.

Patronised the last caller with a "Or wherever you hang out" jibe.

But yea, best interview yet.

Great post. He has wrecked the Club.

Go now and retain a crumb of respect. It's as if you're playing a sick game with us.

Get Adams in, listen to him, let him effectively appoint the next manager and thus minimise risk in my view.

Personally, I think Norman is determined to stay to try and put this right. It doesn't stack up that he's in it for profit. Call it a sense of responsibility or call it ego, he's here for a while,I reckon. We have a decent core to the squad and the situation is redeemable, best of luck to him and for obvious reasons I hope he succeeds.

Fair comment, i'll wait and see what the future brings, micky sounds a reasonable bet as a director of football and nigel pearson would be a 1st class manager,can't think of another duo who would fit the bill for discipline and experience which is just what the club is crying out for at present lets hope that the darkest hour is just before dawn.

It’s such a shame again that this forum even exists and let’s the abuse happen. I repeat myself every other week. Poor administration team and owner of the site in my opinion. I’ve said it before but port vale football club would be such a nicer place without Moan Vale Fan.

How can a owner motivate himself when reading the garbage you idiots put? It’s such a shame that you small amount of brain dead individuals surpass the clever intelligent people who understand what football is about. You don’t goto the vale because you can’t afford to go let’s be honest your using the poor results as an excuse, a true fan stands through thick and thin. You’re just scum of the earth.

You’re absolutely deluded if you think he is purposely trying to run the club into the ground. Yeah makes sense run the club into nothing so it’s worth nothing? Can see you studied well at school then... not.

Have you got nothing better to do? You even pick fault with his interview, have a word with yourself in the mirror.

I would love to see positive comments on here on day. You even slate Pope, he’s one of our own and you still use him as a whipping boy.

It’s funny I guarantee non of you would say anything you say if you were face to face and not behind a keyboard being a internet warrior.

Seriously grow up, it’s not a soap on the television. This is real life, if you don’t have anything logical to say just keep quiet, think before you speak.

I don't know who you are but scum of the earth ,moan vale fan,cant go to football cause you cant afford to you in the same room as norman--seriously if you think this site is bad try having a look at others, this site is well moderated with difference of opinion in a forum although does get hijacked by a few the same as you obviously have.

your comment cant go to football cause you cant afford to is most offensive would you say that face to face rather than being a keyboard warrior?

It breaks my heart to read, see and hear just how unprofessionally run Port Vale currently are. I am simply amazed when I learn that our owner has so little confidence in his own ability that he turns to sending emails to fans many of whom he doesn't know from Adam. No disrespect to these people many I know are Vale fans through and through but could you imagine any half decent Chairman/owner acting in the way that Mr Smurthwaite does?

Last night his interview was an improvement on the one he made on Saturday night because this time he at least didn't sound to be alcohol intoxicated. That said did I learn anything to allay my fears for Port Vale? Sadly the answer to that question is a resounding no. From what I heard he sounded as unsure as ever and not really knowing in which direction to turn. It was all blah.blah, blah interspersed with the name Micky Adams. The man speaks volumes but with next to no real substance in them.

Surely any sensible owner would have had a couple of names in mind to turn too in the event of the present manager being relieved of his duties or if he moved on to greener pastures as a result of him being successful at Port Vale. make no mistake here few, if any manager would hang around for long if the opportunity of working for a more stable and reliable owner ever arose.

I could go on and on about the shortcomings of our owner but all I will say is that I neither trust or believe a single word that he utters. If he wishes to win around the trust of the vast majority of Port Vale's fanbase he should keep away from doing interviews or making comments on social media. Talk is cheap and actions speak far louder than words. So with this in mind please go and get a good man in to lead us out of the mire that we are currently up to our necks in at this time. He would no doubt cost a good wage but in the longterm he will save a fortune by signing up a squad of quality players and not bringing in a huge squad made up of chancers,crocks and rubbish.

By acting in such a manner the owner would slowly win back the trust and support of the fans. Unfortunately I very much doubt that Mr Smurthwaite is capable of acting in such an acceptable and level headed manner. Only time will tell on this one I suppose.

Smurf wud win a trophy easily as the worst club owner in the whole football league he is even worse imho than mike Ashley at the toon and that takes a bit of doing

Haha. Says we didn't go to school and then litters with punctuation and spelling errors. There is therefore not much creedence in the drivel that is being spouted here.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

Abbey, what's that a pub? .... I don't know where you people hang out, are you in your local pub or something. I used to live in a terraced house when I was poor. Be grateful I put a roof over your heads and if you question me, I may just further water down your soup or take it away, as it were...

"Chicken, you should be in bed now your mother will kill me, I'm just live on the radio addressing the peasants"...

Sorry, where was I...

Abbey, what's that a pub?

Not only did he not know the local geogrpahy of his clubs fanbase he also seemed to not know many club legends. It sounded like he stumbled over who Brian Horton was, which is unbelievable that a chairman wouldn't have at least some local knowledge of the clubs area and its history too.

Is that the Brian Horton he was allegedly messaging people on here about as a potential manager? Frightening that he doesn't know who he is in that case...

Christ yes I'd forgotten about those messages touting his name. Hes a walking contradiction. He genuinely seemed to stumble over his name when asked by Blakeman.

Archived