onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

This is a bloke who bought the club quite literally accidentally.

This is a bloke who claimed to have spoken to Bill Bell 6 months after he died.

A bloke who relegated us after buying some magic beans from a Norwegian car cleaning product salesman and who decided £90k on Mbamba via a petrol and coke wholesaler from Hale was a good idea.

I'm surprised Norman can spell Port Vale, never mind have any historical club knowledge whatsoever.

Don't fear, he says he's not going to allow us to go down. I'm assuming that means adding to the 50+ signings in the last 15 months because that's clearly the way to go. How long to Ryan Taylor signs back on? Roll on the National League.

Advert

Listened to the full interview.

I am more worried now then ever. We all knew before the interview he is an idiot and what to expect. The worst for me was he's clear contempt towards the fans who called in & he disagreed with - making very subliminal derogatory comments such as 'wherever you drink' and asked if an area (can't remember where) was a pub.. Pointing out his stereotype of Vale fans as a load of lager louts & a reason appointting hasselbank was not right... What a load of rubbish.

The part that worries me is he has no plan in place.

He's given away the fact without management in place with Morgan it makes appointment more difficult and therefore gives them a bartering advantage if needs be. How he became rich I don't know. Beginning to think he won the lottery.

Finally, he genuinely believes we will not go down. Why? We are in free-fall, an absolute shambles on and off the pitch with no manager in place and hardly any money sith everything being done on the cheap - why wouldn't we go down? Because we are PVFC never been in the conference and can pull crowds of 3,000 he thinks it will never happen.. And that's the reason it most probably will!

I agree with your comment about Smurthwaite assertion that we will not go down. He obviously hasn't seen the matches we've all seen. Apart from Wycombe in the first half hour, all the teams I've seen so far have been poor and there for the taking and yet we've beaten none of them. Make no mistake, on current form we are National League bound. If someone gave me £100 to place a bet on whether Vale would stay up or go down, I would confidently bet on Vale to go down.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Just listened. Who has been in assessing the squad on Smurf's behalf?

I didn't understand why he would bring someone in to assess the squad. Shouldn't that be the job of the new manager? And if he is told after this assessor has done his work that the squad is kak, what's he going to do about it?

I didn't understand why he would bring someone in to assess the squad. Shouldn't that be the job of the new manager? And if he is told after this assessor has done his work that the squad is kak, what's he going to do about it?

Agree, just wondered if anyone had been seen a different face round the training ground

Have not heard the interview, did he say how long the assessment has been going on, was that the point of giving as many players as possible time on the pitch and demonstrating their adaptability or otherwise in unfamiliar roles? I suppose a summary of the player potential at the club could be useful to a prospective manager, together with a indication of the budget required to restore the squad to a competitive standard by highlighting deficiencies. Norman would then have to convince someone to take the job. However any serious candidates would have some idea of the squad, and the opportunity to view over the next few matches.

The new manager doesn't have to accept the assessment or any advice, it just may make him/her consider other options. I don't think this is Smurf doing this for Smurf to take action.

My "thoughts" for what they're worth are Vale need a quality, not injury prone, experienced goalkeeper, a Chris Eagles type player who can provide quality in the last third and play high press football but if you ask 50 different Vale fans you'd probably get 50 different answers.

I got quite excited then I thought I read someone had been in assassinating the squad!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Would you like Smurf to assess the squad?Maybe someone has requested this.Do you think it would be ok if John Rudge assessed the squad?The assessor may advise the new manager one of 2 things.We're **** or we are ok.

I'm guessing the squad assessment is the basis of a dossier that would be background information issued to applicants for the job. Then they could use what they had learned as part of a presentation to the interview panel - at least that's what I think would happen if the club was being run properly.

But this is Vale so it's anyone's guess.

I'm guessing the squad assessment is the basis of a dossier that would be background information issued to applicants for the job. Then they could use what they had learned as part of a presentation to the interview panel - at least that's what I think would happen if the club was being run properly.

But this is Vale so it's anyone's guess.

Maybe Norman is assessing the squad so he can get a monetary value before selling.

Could have saved him the trouble and tell him he will need to pay someone to take it off his hands if he carries on.

Due to some of the content of the pdf made it impossible to open l guess down to my limited knowledge of technology

I checked with the sender and their Legal team could l share the info with a email chain that had been set up and they agreed l or them did not know the admin clerk who resent them with less pictures actually included any confidential info

But you didn't send it to the email group, you sent it to selected individuals in that group. I am on that group list, I and others on it, didn't see the content until after the Sentinel had printed their story. So stop trying to tar people again with your lies.

Archived