onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

He's admitted he's made mistakes , and apologised , what more can the man do ,

he wants to be successful he wants to be In charge of a successful club , I don't believe for 1 second any of those mistakes were intentional just bad decisions .

I admit I don't know the ins and outs of every business decision and arrangement , but who does? We can go on forever about this but nothing's gonna change .

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Michael Brown made mistakes.

Michael Brown apologized for relegation.

Michael Brown wants to be successful.

Should we have kept him on?

The man is incompetent and inept.

Fans can actually hound him out. It's been done before. But too many swallow his waffle and want to give him another chance.

That's why "we are where we are"

Advert

he wants to be successful he wants to be In charge of a successful club , I don't believe for 1 second any of those mistakes were intentional just bad decisions .

I admit I don't know the ins and outs of every business decision and arrangement , but who does? We can go on forever about this but nothing's gonna change .

I don't think they were intentional either, but eventually incompetence has to have consequences. If I went into my job and made as many decisions with such negative ramifications as Smurf has in his job I would be sacked.

Smurf can't be sacked, but its reached a point where his decision making is proving to be very harmful to Port Vale. The buyers are out there, he's mentioned 3 this evening, the validity of each another matter.

He's the only one preventing any change. His refusal to see how many fans are drifting away from the club, and his almost admirable commitment to improve things despite his record suggesting the opposite will happen is stopping us starting afresh.

There's a life outside Norman for us, and there's a life outside Port Vale for Norman. Its a shame neither party seems to be able to figure that out.

You have 2 different buyers mixed up

The Boston group needed the For Sale announcement they were at The Moat House when l formally met the Grop ie Kevin and Carol and agreed that day price terms and exclusivity

Carol wanted to keep Rob and actually introduced herself to Rob as the buyer after the Southend game

I killed the deal after Kevin and his daughter confirming they needed to make approach to their Bank

I then flew out to meet the Boston main investors to try and get the deal resurected returning the morning of the Peterborough game

One of their conditions was l stay until June 17

They then reappeared again in Dec 16 just after the Sent article re Norweigens

With your permission, I will post the email you sent me about the bids.

For everyone's sake Norm, go and appointment a Proven manager at this level/above and it will quell all the noise. Don't mess about getting an interim, we need stable, honest and quality leadership.

Don't take weeks doing it either, uncertainty, whilst inevitable currently, breeds instability and of course the present relationship some of the fans have with you and the club!

Statement of intent would be getting a very good manager in right now!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I just want a nice, clean end to all this. A quick sale "thanks, and sorry, best of luck", and then he can buy a box and attend the games for all I care. This isn't a personal thing, it would just be best for the Vale.

I don't want to be insulting the man over the internet, and I apologise for having done so in the past. I just can't fathom what he has to gain from this, apart from his commitment to leave us in a better place, which is great, I just can't see it happening.

I've been going Vale for 60 years but this is really testing my resolve. Even my young grandchildren that are the future fans of the club have had enough. I'm struggling to keep them interested and they're not fond of Smurf too. This needs addressing asap please and get Vale sorted .It's a massive struggle when our rich neighbours are giving away a free top and tickets to kids.The buzz needs to come back to Vale or we are doomed.

Sent from my SM-T813 using the onevalefan mobile app

For as long as I have been watching vale there is always been fans against the owners , bill bell , v2001 , and now Norman , I don't know what fans expect . We are where we are , I didn't agree with the crap bill bell had to deal with , and this is more of the same .... v2001 deserved everything they got , but norm has said himself , he was new to all this , there's gonna be ups and downs , you take risks , sometimes they back fire , some times they work out .

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I do not recall but l thought he was part of the email chain we set up

Norman, I know neither you or the rest of the folks you seem to call a foe on here, but what comes across loud and clear from the exchanges, is that those you thought were 'foes' should not be any where near any circle of trust ever again!

They seem to be hell bent now on twisting you into knots. Let them lie, move on, appoint a good manager.

I would love him to be successful that would be great for Port Vale football club and the whole area itself.

Yes he has admitted some of his mistakes, and made an apology.But Ive not heard or seen anything that is remotely close that there is any shed of light at the end of this long dark tunnel.Nothing to convince me that there is a future for Port Vale?

Norman, I know neither you or the rest of the folks you seem to call a foe on here, but what comes across loud and clear from the exchanges, is that those you thought were 'foes' should not be any where near any circle of trust ever again!

They seem to be hell bent now on twisting you into knots. Let them lie, move on, appoint a good manager.

Isn't he admitting to sending classified information regarding employee wages to a man who he didn't know?

Archived