Robbie Earle's Perm

Next Manager

I can hear the chant of “Aspin for England” going around the ground now!

Aspo v Bully was how football combat should be done. We'll probably never see those kind of battles again.

Aspin now 1/2 fav with SkyBet

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Hope this is not true even though Aspo is one of my favourite players of all time. I think this is a case of right man wrong time.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Every manager at every football club gets that from time to time. We probably have more 'goons' than most but for me that isn't a good enough reason to not want the man.

I'd take Aspin over the other mentioned candidates in the last ten days, by an absolute country mile.

Agreed. Plus, Skybet & Bet Victor now both have him as favourite.

I wouldn't get too excited whoever gets the job..if he fails we sack him if he triumphs he will leave for a better paid job elsewhere and so it goes on and on...

Worryingly, I agree with you. Although still not sure WTF a DOF is.
Whatever his job description says, seems to vary quite a bit, depends on the stature of the club. Can be the guiding light in a clubs football philosophy as managers come and go, or just support to the manager, advisor to the chairman etc. Maybe Norman will explain?

Whatever his job description says, seems to vary quite a bit, depends on the stature of the club. Can be the guiding light in a clubs football philosophy as managers come and go, or just support to the manager, advisor to the chairman etc. Maybe Norman will explain?

That's assuming that he understands it himself, which seems unlikely. Probably heard it on Match of the Day and thought it would be a good idea.

So 2 weeks after the predictable sacking of Brown we have 1 more point and still no manager. ******* useless

Aspin now 1/2 fav with SkyBet

Means nowt really apart from people are backing him which is expected,now if he goes to say 1/7 then thats when someone knows something

Return of the Skull !

If Aspo could galvanize the club, I could see some lost fans returning as he was such an icon of Rudgey's era.

That is something that Smurf should also think about,he would put fans on the gate straight away tbh,especially his first home game

Hope this is not true even though Aspo is one of my favourite players of all time. I think this is a case of right man wrong time.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

When will be the right time if he is the right man? He is 52,his team are only a few places below us in reality,he has managed for over 600 games,his overall win rate is 48%,he has a win rate of over 40% at every club.........for me the time is very right for skully to return

If Aspin does get the job he must be allowed to choose his own back room team whether that's Lee Nogan and Micky Cummings or whoever.

Don't want brickhead and Kelly being forced on him as they have proven they are most certainly no tactical masterminds.

I think I would be happy with Aspin given the absolute dross that has been mentioned:

48% win ratio over 600+ games

Ex legend so would unite the fans (most appointments would split the fans which we don't need right now)

Managed most of his career only 1 division lower than where we are right now

Would demand hard work and effort as a non-negotiable

My only reservation would be that he has no league management experience.

Aspin always said he'd manage the Vale.

I'm almost excited.

This is a job he is desperate for,its whether Norman wants to do the right thing with the fans though.

Another thing,his sides have always played attacking football and scored a fair few goals

Actually feeling upbeat about Aspin.

Would be ideal to give us the lift we sorely need. He's managing a team about 15 places beneath us so its hardly a huge leap, and we don't exactly need a revolutionary manager. We need an inspiring, disciplined manager who will get us organised and getting the basics right.