Robbie Earle's Perm

Next Manager

Aspin always said he'd manage the Vale.

I'm almost excited.

Seem to remember he was disappointed at not being offered a coaching job at the Vale when he hung his boots up.

Actually feeling upbeat about Aspin.

Would be ideal to give us the lift we sorely need. He's managing a team about 15 places beneath us so its hardly a huge leap, and we don't exactly need a revolutionary manager. We need an inspiring, disciplined manager who will get us organised and getting the basics right.

Dont get to upbeat,lets not forget who has to appoint him and its not us

Of all the alleged names for the managers position I feel Aspo is really the only 1 that can galvanise the fans and put bums on seats or at least initially. A massive must for Vale at present is to get the fans back into attending matches. With a respected manager maybe the squad can actually find the form collectively that we know they are capable of. A manager most of us will accept, an upturn in performances and a crowd getting behind the team- in a short while it could be that we will look over our shoulders and wonder why we were all so suicidal.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Aspin could well end up being a decent manager for us.

It's just that there's a part of me that doesn't want to take the risk of it not working.

It's just that there's a part of me that doesn't want to take the risk of it not working.

Aspin has been my choice since Micky left, so id be made up with this. But I agree thats my only worry, but i dont think its a good enough reason for it to not be the right choice for us, and to deny him the opportunity. Whoever takes over is a bit screwed with the squad brown has left us, so we need to accept that staying up is the measure of success this year. Would be a feel good appointment we really need.

agree its heart over head or vice versa or both ,worth a gamble as this seems the road we are going down like been said earlier it would unify and gives us a lift and the first hurdle is staying up then to move on from there which is a later concern- wonder if rudgie would would do a few days to help him out where he needs it especially if he has to keep the same backroom staff he might need an allie and a friendly ear

I'd love Aspin to get it. It would get the fans revved up for sure.

EDIT - Top of the page--Here's a rare goal fro Aspo

[video=youtube;I-nc7bqBzpo]

Reminds me of Pele

Edited by Platty's Tassels
Reminds me of Pele

Loved aspin was a class defender even when he took what looked like a crunching tackle he just got up and brushed it off.. Don't see many like that anymore

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Never seen a leg bend so much without breaking when he got tackled launched at his shin by think Paul ware v stoke at vale- he played on though tough as nails and could play a bit

I'm pretty sure it was Steve Foley

It was Steve Foley. Ware was a decent footballer for them in my book. Not the sort.

He did have to go off though eventually, John Jeffers came on for him and disappeared up the tunnel when the ref blew for a free kick, thinking it was half time.