onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Browny tactically naive ?

And what about last season? Yes, he inherited a shocking side but new managers usually re-energise the side for a handful of games at least and get a few good results, but with Brown we didn't even get that! At this moment in time his winning ratio for us must be amongst the poorest in the football league. And if people think he's suddenly going to become some sort of tactical genius, or someone that can motivate and get the best out of average players, then they really haven't got a Scoobie.

You get what you pay for, and with him we got a tin of fruit cocktail from Netto.

Didn't Ainsworth nearly take Wycombe out of the league a couple of years ago? Would he of survived that here with fans like yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Well what is since we last saw a good performance at Vale park nevermind away was it v Wimbledon 2-0 Smith and Eagles .

It truly is dire ,whats changed ,nothing much ,barely any goal attempts and really poor football which usually results in conceding goals for fun .

His signings r on the whole not to bad on paper but football isnt won in the changing room or on the training pitch its won on the day and reacting to the opposition and finding there weaknesses.

On sat not one player looked upto the job of winning football matches and id say for 85 mins it was the most dullest game i ever attended ,worse than anything last season at home and that was dire.

So if your centre half isnt dealing to well with the attacker u sub him before its to late .

If your wingers r ineffective u dont leave them on to do nothing .

U dont play 2 up front v Leeds when the club needs every penny they can get at 1-1 u board up the goal and block everything not be open and leave yourself exposed time after time .

U dont play a midfield player who can not run beyond the forwards as surprisingly it creates space for ya forwards.

If u need Pugh to sit in front of your central defenders what does that tell u about them .

Brown upto yet is clueless but we live in hope that he is taking note of his mistakes and he can change every game to put us on the front foot .

What makes you think this way.

He seemed to get it right at Crawley, last Saturday was certainly a debacle and why Tonge was played against Leeds and not saved for Wycombe is questionable.

Vale were only relegated last season by one point despite the dire situation Bruno had created at Vale Park..

Vale should have never been relegated. We had plenty of opportunity with easy matches to at least attack and try to score a goal.

Personally I think he has the tactical nous to get us out of league 2 but not necessarily in the way we want.

I'll give him time as it's a new season with a new squad but given I wasn't a fan last season he hasn't exactly impressed me in the one match I've seen so far.

I'd like to know how many managers achieve a promotion in their first full season in charge - I'm guessing very few.

Browny can only gain experience by learning and making mistakes along the way, just like in any other job. The problem is, we don't really have the time to spare to let him have 3/4 seasons learning his trade.

Out of the 11 managers promoted from the Championship to National League last season then 8 out of the 11 promoted mangers were in their first full season in charge at the club. If you're asking how many managers were promoted in their first season as a manager anywhere then of those 11 Chris Wilder and Darren Ferguson were, and Wagner had only coached a B team before then.

Of the managers in League Two then Gary Caldwell and Danny Cowley were promoted in their first ever full seasons, whilst Keith Curle lost a play-off final. However the vast majority either haven't had a full season in charge of a club, started in non-league years ago and I can't tell from a quick look, or more commonly their first seasons in charge meant surviving in a league rather than trying to win promotion.

It is obvious that M.Brown is not the most experienced manager in L2, but hey, after only two league games, winning one and losing one, people want him gone???

Give the man a fair chance before judging him. Wait for at least ten games!

He's had 27 Football League games in charge, that's more experience than a few managers in this division have. Can we not pretend that last season didn't happen, because Brown was in charge for the second half.

He was tasked with keeping us in League One, he failed, he has now targeted promotion out of League Two this season. These aren't unrealistic ambitions, but if he made a damn good go of it with signs of progress I'd back him. Relegated with one goal scored in seven games and performances like last Saturday are not signs of progress.

What makes you think this way.

He seemed to get it right at Crawley, last Saturday was certainly a debacle and why Tonge was played against Leeds and not saved for Wycombe is questionable.

Vale were only relegated last season by one point despite the dire situation Bruno had created at Vale Park..

The fact he didn't play the defense with a high line and the fact the team played with no passion or commitment particularly the 1st home game you would expect an performance but we got nothing untill the last 5 mins just hope this is an wake up call

Sent from my SM-G950F using the onevalefan mobile app

I worry that he is.

Since the Micky era I think as a club we've placed too much value on being hardworking, fit, streetwise and hard to beat. All things you need to have but only an extent. A lot more decent football gets played at League Two level than some people credit for.

We look very Spartan at times, like a team of cloggers with not a great deal of nous or technical ability. I worry that Brown is becoming a poundshop Adams.

On Saturday it was worrying that we seemingly had no plan or pattern to our play. We just hit it long towards Pope and hoped he could win a few knock downs or that the second balls would come out in our favour. Playing two wingers doesn't work when they don't give their full backs enough support defensively, plus they exposed a central midfield pairing which was badly matched to begin with.

Like I said, I don't see any pattern to our build up play. I don't see us ever try to engineer an overload or draw opposing players into places they don't want to be. On Saturday's evidence we are still have problems creating anywhere near enough chances to be competitive. I wonder if Brown's analysts have any data about Expected Goals.

Don't talk about Xg on this site, you'll get abused.

Stupid thread. Slander once again from idiots.

How much "tactical nouse" did Micky Adams have?

A hell of a lot more than MB!! I think it is massively unfair to say he didn't have any tactical nouse. You don't win promotions without any, we steamrollered teams, remember Rotherham, that wasn't just because we won the knock downs from Pope.

Is Browny tactically naive?

Everyone will have their own opinions. We are all football managers aren't we?

Us supporters always know best.

Bruno was tactically naive.

Page was.

Micky was.

Gannon was.

Sinnott was.

The list goes on because we all now best.

What I will say is that Michael Brown is a young inexperienced manager, learning his trade on the job along with his assistants who are also learning on the job.

So there will inevitably be mistakes.

Let's see where we are at Christmas and cut the guy a bit of slack.

Out of the 11 managers promoted from the Championship to National League last season then 8 out of the 11 promoted mangers were in their first full season in charge at the club. If you're asking how many managers were promoted in their first season as a manager anywhere then of those 11 Chris Wilder and Darren Ferguson were, and Wagner had only coached a B team before then.

Of the managers in League Two then Gary Caldwell and Danny Cowley were promoted in their first ever full seasons, whilst Keith Curle lost a play-off final. However the vast majority either haven't had a full season in charge of a club, started in non-league years ago and I can't tell from a quick look, or more commonly their first seasons in charge meant surviving in a league rather than trying to win promotion.

He's had 27 Football League games in charge, that's more experience than a few managers in this division have. Can we not pretend that last season didn't happen, because Brown was in charge for the second half.

He was tasked with keeping us in League One, he failed, he has now targeted promotion out of League Two this season. These aren't unrealistic ambitions, but if he made a damn good go of it with signs of progress I'd back him. Relegated with one goal scored in seven games and performances like last Saturday are not signs of progress.

Would it be wise to oust the manager at this early stage and start with a new one who wouldn't know the players and would his own chosen team?

If so, who would be a suitable replacement and who would comme to the club for the peanuts that the owner would offer?

Surely it is best to leave things as they are for a while and see what the position is in 10/12 weeks.

Archived