onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Browny tactically naive ?

Advert

Is Browny tactically naive?

Everyone will have their own opinions. We are all football managers aren't we?

Us supporters always know best.

Bruno was tactically naive.

Page was.

Micky was.

Gannon was.

Sinnott was.

The list goes on because we all now best.

What I will say is that Michael Brown is a young inexperienced manager, learning his trade on the job along with his assistants who are also learning on the job.

So there will inevitably be mistakes.

Let's see where we are at Christmas and cut the guy a bit of slack.

I would agree but I don't think he deserves until Christmas, id give him 10 games and judge it from there. He had more than enough time last season to prove he had the makings of a decent manager and didn't. Yes he had a poor squad and *** of a chairman and some bad luck but he could still have gotten the defence organised and made us tough to beat. For me judge him 10 games or so in, if we're around the middle by then there's probably potential for us to push on but any lower I'd be looking in a different direction.

Stupid post.

He had a fair bit! Certainly more than brown has shown thus far.

Stupider post.

Didn't Micky constantly get slammed for being a "dinosaur"?

What reason does the OP have for believing Brown has "no tactical nous"? Is it because we've lost a game so have to go into meltdown?

Stupider post.

What reason does the OP have for believing Brown has "no tactical nous"? Is it because we've lost a game so have to go into meltdown?

Adams got us promoted he can't be that tactically inept. In league 2 he certainly wasn't.

To your second point, it's probably judged on the second half of last season in which he had plenty opportunity to demonstrate it, he didn't. He hasn't so far this season. It's not based on 2 defeats it based upon his whole time at the vale.

Stupider post.

By sbout 3 people, just like the same calling Brown a dinosaur. Just because someone said it doesn't make it true.

I really don't want people thinking my post is a slagging off for Brown. I want him to be successful because that means Vale will be successful. However his last season and the start of this make it very hard to believe he knows what he's doing. It is blindingly obvious to those of us who attend matches, home and away, that we require a midfield to not only stop the opposition from playing but who can dictate the game for us going forward. Why oh why therefore is Brown getting in more wingers? He has to convince us very soon that he's on the right path or indeed has a plan that frankly most of us can't fathom. I don't know how long the man has before the killer knives are out in force but I sincerely hope the squad can deliver and deliver very soon. I wish him well, I really do even though I have grave reservations. I will gladly suck eggs if he gets us into a challenging position in the next few months.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

I would agree but I don't think he deserves until Christmas, id give him 10 games and judge it from there. He had more than enough time last season to prove he had the makings of a decent manager and didn't. Yes he had a poor squad and *** of a chairman and some bad luck but he could still have gotten the defence organised and made us tough to beat. For me judge him 10 games or so in, if we're around the middle by then there's probably potential for us to push on but any lower I'd be looking in a different direction.

The issue is who do you bring in?

We all know that a good experienced lower league manager costs money.

Norman's track record so far is to employ Page, Ribiero and Brown. All cheap inexperienced options. I can't see him changing his ways anytime soon and with the reduced budget we would end up with a Sunday morning manager probably.

We'd all love good footballers and a good experienced manager but the owner has dictated that that isn't possible and until he goes, which isn't anytime soon, I'd prefer to see Brown given a good crack at it.

Some sort of stability is needed.

Didn't Ainsworth nearly take Wycombe out of the league a couple of years ago? Would he of survived that here with fans like yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Not quite he took over when the club was fan owned and penniless, hardly his fault and hardly a similar situation to us. Would you keep Brown if we had nothing else to offer another manager, couldn't get better and couldn't buy players...yes.

Would I keep him to use a competitive budget given his track record of 10 keepers in 12 months, 6 wingers, clueless tactical awareness and Christ knows how many crocked players? No way

Stupid thread. Slander once again from idiots.

How much "tactical nouse" did Micky Adams have?

Very good tactical awareness.....he was aware his side had multiple goal threats- Hughes, Pope, Marie-Williams, Dodds, Vincent etc and was in a position to let the opposition worry about us not them. Brown isn't in the same boat. Stupid comparison to the manager of probably the best modern day Vale side (last 15-20 years), who had also managed in the premier league and a manager who has the lowest win record in the clubs history.

Out of the 11 managers promoted from the Championship to National League last season then 8 out of the 11 promoted mangers were in their first full season in charge at the club. If you're asking how many managers were promoted in their first season as a manager anywhere then of those 11 Chris Wilder and Darren Ferguson were, and Wagner had only coached a B team before then.

Of the managers in League Two then Gary Caldwell and Danny Cowley were promoted in their first ever full seasons, whilst Keith Curle lost a play-off final. However the vast majority either haven't had a full season in charge of a club, started in non-league years ago and I can't tell from a quick look, or more commonly their first seasons in charge meant surviving in a league rather than trying to win promotion.

He's had 27 Football League games in charge, that's more experience than a few managers in this division have. Can we not pretend that last season didn't happen, because Brown was in charge for the second half.

He was tasked with keeping us in League One, he failed, he has now targeted promotion out of League Two this season. These aren't unrealistic ambitions, but if he made a damn good go of it with signs of progress I'd back him. Relegated with one goal scored in seven games and performances like last Saturday are not signs of progress.

Amen

Very good tactical awareness.....he was aware his side had multiple goal threats- Hughes, Pope, Marie-Williams, Dodds, Vincent etc and was in a position to let the opposition worry about us not them. Brown isn't in the same boat. Stupid comparison to the manager of probably the best modern day Vale side (last 15-20 years), who had also managed in the premier league and a manager who has the lowest win record in the clubs history.

So why did numerous fans call him a "dinosaur" and want him gone?

Apparently all he did was "make them run around a lot" according to the ******.

Archived