onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lucky Seven Cabs and littering

Row L

I spent a small part of yesterday picking up (amongst other things) mango peal, lots and lots of paper towels, air freshener, ripped up taxi receipts, fag ends and sweet wrappers that had been dumped from a taxi parked outside my house. I (unfortunately) didn’t get the reg number of the cab itself, but did notice (on the top of the receipts with corners ripped off to use as roaches and the taxi), the lucky seven number and logo. So, having called the head office to complain and been called back by the owner, the upshot of the conversation was that the Lucky seven owner doesn’t give a **** and thinks it’s just an issue for the driver as he is self-employed. I pointed out the damage to his firm’s reputation and he didn’t care and wouldn't even message his drivers to remind them of their responsibility not to drop litter out of their cars.

So, as he doesn’t care about his reputation – neither do I. I would recommend that anyone who has issues with litter being dumped on the streets by drivers who clearly don’t care what kind of **** hole they live in do not under any circumstances call Seven Cabs. There are loads of taxis out there and I am sure that they will do a much better job. Lucky Seven clearly don’t care what happens as long as they make a quick quid or two.

And if you are the taxi driver (an you will know where you were parked), if I see you there again I will note your reg and report you to the authorities. You may not care what your home looks like, but I do.

Advert

Is Uber in Stoke yet? as they are cheap and you pay by card.

Saying that there are some taxi drivers on this forum and don't want to take business off them.

Looking at Uber, it is in Stoke now but when I tested the most frequent routes/destinations for where I go, they're an absolute fortune in comparison to Magnum, who I've always used & get really good service/prices from.

One of Lucky 7 drivers tried to take advantage of a female friend while she was very drunk offering a free taxi in exchange for her doing him a favour. When she refused the driver got funny with her and threw her out miles from home. The owner didn't care then either. A friend of mine owns Supreme and I also know the guy who owns Roseville, both run excellent taxi companies, although ABC Supreme is more for minibuses only these days.

Some years ago a friend noticed a new couple move in a few doors down, Virtualy every night the man would take his dog for a walk, stop outside my friends house (it had an open lawn to the front)and let it excerete then leave the mess.

Despite banging on the window and just getting a dirty look in reply, it continued.

It did stop however, when he shovelled the dogs mess up one night when the poor little hound had been especialy prolific, and took it round - as the man opened his front door, the contents of the shovel were thrown in the hallway on their pristine new carpet, with a greeting of 'I believe this belongs to you'.

It never happened again, and I suggest Row L do the same with the taxi debris and take it round to their office and tip it on the desk of the manager.

Go to transport lane on market days in longton double yellow line twin lines on pavement no loading or unloading wall to wall taxi's some double parked blocking delivery entrance to longton exchange no traffic wardens deployed to longton all the council will say is phone us up and we will look in to it or send some one on a bike but when they see him/her they drive off and now first have stopped using the bus station in longton market street is as bad busses parked on the left cars parked on the right two lanes of traffic trying to get in one lane accident waiting to happen also traffic coming out of caroline street turning right to get to bath road sign say no right turn oneway left only ignored by some drivers. but as usual nothing will get done till somebody is injured or killed.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the nickname "sucky sevens" and the rumours about the paedophile ring as thats what everyone normally says when i hear them come up. I use Magnum if i'm in a rush as they tend to be the quickest with most cars but if i'm not in a rush I use intercity as they have the price ticking on a screen upfront so they can't try to rip you off.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the nickname "sucky sevens" and the rumours about the paedophile ring as thats what everyone normally says when i hear them come up. I use Magnum if i'm in a rush as they tend to be the quickest with most cars but if i'm not in a rush I use intercity as they have the price ticking on a screen upfront so they can't try to rip you off.

InterCity every time for me.

Archived