onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lucky Seven Cabs and littering

Row L

It's had some deserved bad publicity in the UK (London especially) and has a long way to go to win the confidence of a lot of people. If it doesn't succeed it will either go under or much more regulation will follow. Personally when in London or Manchester I stick to black cabs.

However, if they get it right they will be an enormous success and it might be a case of "Uber alles"

Myself like many others have been ripped off by taxi drivers if not already agreed the price, at least with UBER the price has already been agreed. I often use the black cabs as the service is very good but they are very expensive.

The vast majority of taxi drivers are fine and trustworthy, it doesn't matter what company they work for but unfortunately there are some very dodgy drivers who would rip you off or be very dodgy with single women.

Advert

Myself like many others have been ripped off by taxi drivers if not already agreed the price, at least with UBER the price has already been agreed. I often use the black cabs as the service is very good but they are very expensive.

If using a mini cab/private hire I always agree the price beforehand..had a few arguments at the end of the journey but always ended up paying what was agreed beforehand. If in London or Manchester on business under company orders to use black cabs every time. Not used Uber yet

The vast majority of taxi drivers are fine and trustworthy, it doesn't matter what company they work for but unfortunately there are some very dodgy drivers who would rip you off or be very dodgy with single women.

Agreed..some will always look to take advantage of the situation; used to hear all sorts of stories about black cab drivers when I lived in London so they aren't squeaky clean by any means.

If using a mini cab/private hire I always agree the price beforehand..had a few arguments at the end of the journey but always ended up paying what was agreed beforehand. If in London or Manchester on business under company orders to use black cabs every time. Not used Uber yet

Agreed..some will always look to take advantage of the situation; used to hear all sorts of stories about black cab drivers when I lived in London so they aren't squeaky clean by any means.

I also believe Uber in London are demand driven, busy times push the fares up. Very impressed though, my daughter pressed her app and the driven beat us to the pavement 2 floors down, it was mid day Sat though not in the football season.

I also believe Uber in London are demand driven, busy times push the fares up. .

They (and their passengers) got badly stung by that during the recent London Bridge terror attack as the app. automatically put up prices due to increased demand. Whilst they didn't have to do anything and it's good that they did do something to switch off dynamic pricing they were too slow to respond and when they did it was only after a deluge of complaints on social media (read into that what you wish)....they'll learn the lesson for next time.

It is really douse this...' or 'I use this taxi service...' and are so self-absorbed that they consider their own experiences with taxis (and other things in life) to be all that matters.

Unregulated wild-west ripoff unsafe taxi firms may be suitable for gobby posters who have had elocution lessons and love to argue the back legs off donkeys and manage to start an argument in a phone box on their own.

But young vulnerable girls (and boys in some cases), elderly people, the disabled, tourists, those who don't love arguments and bickering for the sake of it and many others - they are passengers too and should not be exposed to cowboy petty criminals or worse (rapists in some cases) just to satisfy the nonsense of free market ideology.

+

[quote=Bea Smith;754795

+

+

It is is a shame to see posts that are all me,me, me and say 'I do this...' or 'I use this taxi service...' and are so self-absorbed that they consider their own experiences with taxis (and other things in life) to be all that matters.

Unregulated wild-west ripoff unsafe taxi firms may be suitable for gobby posters who have had elocution lessons and love to argue the back legs off donkeys and manage to start an argument in a phone box on their own.

But young vulnerable girls (and boys in some cases), elderly people, the disabled, tourists, those who don't love arguments and bickering for the sake of it and many others - they are passengers too and should not be exposed to cowboy petty criminals or worse (rapists in some cases) just to satisfy the nonsense of free market ideology.

Archived