onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lucky Seven Cabs and littering

Row L

Advert

I'm pretty sure that all private hire & taxi drivers are subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (previously Criminal Records Bureau) check before being granted a licence by the local authority. Although how some pass this test is a mystery to me. However, in theory this should safeguard to public.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

How safe are they? Av heard anyone can sign up for them in any shed of a vehicle

Not at all, my son is an Uber driver in Manchester, they have to go through DPS checks, their cars can only be x amount of years old and a certain size plus they have to have full insurance. Also you can review them after your ride and a driver with poor reviews won't get bookings.

I caught one in London last week, found them very good and it only cost £6 for 3 miles which is about a third of the price of a black cab.

Not at all, my son is an Uber driver in Manchester, they have to go through DPS checks, their cars can only be x amount of years old and a certain size plus they have to have full insurance. Also you can review them after your ride and a driver with poor reviews won't get bookings.

I caught one in London last week, found them very good and it only cost £6 for 3 miles which is about a third of the price of a black cab.

My daughter uses them all the time in Boston, can order different type and level of car, come direct to you, know the fare before pick up so no potential for rip off, generally less expensive than normal taxi, cashless payment, tip included, picture of driver/car on your phone, can rate journey/driver electronically, she feels safer than an ordinary taxi, likely future of all "taxis".

bbc watchdog prog

He's trying to get you or your source to libel yourself - he has done it before by demanding I name a source so he can get them into trouble. Nice answer

Note the 'thanks' to Phil's post praising the ghastly uber I've heard who will reduce taxi driving to a totally unregulated risk trip, especialy for single women and vulnerable people.

He's trying to get you or your source to libel yourself - he has done it before by demanding I name a source so he can get them into trouble. Nice answer

Note the 'thanks' to Phil's post praising the ghastly uber I've heard who will reduce taxi driving to a totally unregulated risk trip, especialy for single women and vulnerable people.

Once again you come on spouting garbage.

Wonder how long until you get this thread closed.

Uber is big 'Downunder Phil and very popular. Their cars all look the same - all white and similar in style to the famous London cabs - and in addition provide an Uber-meal service :yes:

Once again you come on spouting garbage.

Wonder how long until you get this thread closed.

Just because you don't like my opinion does not make it garbage. You have a vested interest, already declared, which is why you are so agitated and babylike in your post.

Why should the thread be closed - you are the only one posting like a 4-year old.

Uber is bad news, it may be fine in Australia Barry, but it certainly has had some shocking stories here, bad press and terrible employers according to people that work for them then say they have trouble getting paid. I wouldn't use them, anyone else that wants to - good luck, you may need it.

If you have a different opinion Phil, fine. But don't try and suppress mine just becaue you have a biased viewpoint based on personal allegiance.

I also note Fatboy is being pressured for which week on Watchdog - hilarious tactic - find zat episode or ve hav vays of making u read the Daily Mail.

has anybody had take away food delivered lately seen drivers come out of takeaways shops with insulation bags put them on the back seat then get in the drivers seat to go deliver the meal with taxi plates on the back are they moonlighting as there are stickers in the windows saying no food or drink in the vehicle also driving round with a well known pizza sign on the roof.

Uber is big 'Downunder Phil and very popular. Their cars all look the same - all white and similar in style to the famous London cabs - and in addition provide an Uber-meal service :yes:

It's had some deserved bad publicity in the UK (London especially) and has a long way to go to win the confidence of a lot of people. If it doesn't succeed it will either go under or much more regulation will follow. Personally when in London or Manchester I stick to black cabs.

However, if they get it right they will be an enormous success and it might be a case of "Uber alles"

has anybody had take away food delivered lately seen drivers come out of takeaways shops with insulation bags put them on the back seat then get in the drivers seat to go deliver the meal with taxi plates on the back are they moonlighting as there are stickers in the windows saying no food or drink in the vehicle also driving round with a well known pizza sign on the roof.

If they are self employed can't they do what driving they want when they want to..which would not be moonlighting?? I don't know what the rules/law says re licensing/insurance but I'd be surprised if it's an issue.

And the "no food nor drink stickers" is probably for customers wanting to get in the cab whilst eating a kebab or similar late at night...very different to the driver of his own car delivering a pizza, kebab or whatever using an insulation bag??

Archived