onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

Advert

This is the team we put out when we got promoted against Northampton..

Port Vale

4-4-2 1 Chris Neal

2 Adam Yates

6 Darren Purse 77'

25 Liam Chilvers 38'

36 Daniel Jones

9 Jennison Myrie-Williams

4 Anthony Griffith 73'

7 Doug Loft

8 Louis Dodds 73'

11 Tom Pope

29 Lee Hughes 45+1'

I really don't think we are that far off being very similar with 4 weeks until kick off.

Chris Neal over Lainton

Adam Yates over much older Adam Yates

Nathan Smith over Darren Purse

Antony Kay over Liam Chilvers

Daniel Jones or TBC

Jennison Myrie-Williams over Montano

Anthony Griffith over De Freitas

Doug Loft over Pugh

Louis Dodds or TBC

Tom Pope over much older Tom Pope

Lee Hughes over Barnett

Sign a couple of decent full-backs and a winger and I think we could give the old team a game but I would say still we're some way off the same quality. If Brown stabilizes in League Two then we'll see what he can do next summer. My only worry is he is signing older players who might decline a bit over one or two seasons so we could struggle to build on a stable season. We'll see how it goes.

Chris Neal over Lainton

Adam Yates over much older Adam Yates

Nathan Smith over Darren Purse

Antony Kay over Liam Chilvers

Daniel Jones or TBC

Jennison Myrie-Williams over Montano

Anthony Griffith over De Freitas

Doug Loft over Pugh

Louis Dodds or TBC

Tom Pope over much older Tom Pope

Lee Hughes over Barnett

Sign a couple of decent full-backs and a winger and I think we could give the old team a game but I would say still we're some way off the same quality. If Brown stabilizes in League Two then we'll see what he can do next summer. My only worry is he is signing older players who might decline a bit over one or two seasons so we could struggle to build on a stable season. We'll see how it goes.

I am praying that Adam Yates is going to be backup??

I haven't particularly rated Barnett when I've seen him in the past. However...... if you play with Pope, you will have to work your socks off. If you play for Brown and Morgan, you will have to work your socks off. The biggest knock on him from what I've seen is that he can be a bit lazy, he just won't be able to get away with it. If he can reproduce his goal record from his L2 days then it'll be a good signing.

Yes, it's up to the manager. I've no doubt Brown will tell him that if he wants to play he has to give 100%. Then it's up to the player. One thing's for certain, he'll get more than a bit of stick from the crowd if he turns up and doesn't put a shift in.

Sell to who??

Synectics, Manorshop other interested parties etc..

Northampton have just been taken over so there are people out there willing to buy the club for what it's worth, however, just not at the totally extortionate price that NS decides that he wants it this week!

Synectics, Manorshop other interested parties etc..

Northampton have just been taken over so there are people out there willing to buy the club for what it's worth, however, just not at the totally extortionate price that NS decides that he wants it!

What price does he want? Surely letting us rot in league 2 with a poor squad and falling attendances is the wrong way to go about getting the best price.

What price does he want? Surely letting us rot in league 2 with a poor squad and falling attendances is the wrong way to go about getting the best price.

Obviously more than both Synectics and Manor value the club at. It obvious what NS is doing, he's trying to recoup every penny which ain't going to happen, as any other owner knows that they will regularly put money into a club that they aren't ever going to see again, but not the clown that owns our club.

To any normal person letting us rot in Lg2 is a bad move, but to NS who knows what goes on in his head!

I am praying that Adam Yates is going to be backup??

I'd imagine Yates will be back up covering both RB and LB ? We need to sign two recognised players in these positions as i can't imagine Kelly being thrust into the first eleven yet.

Not a prayer of getting him unless really pushed the boat out ,Stephen Darby is the man, 200 games for Bradford in the last 5 years and released in May. Still not got a club, as i say probably out of our league.

Archived