onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

Guest TommyMac
Has anyone else noticed a trend with Brown's signings this summer in that they've all been promoted at some point in their career:

Pope - Promoted with Vale to L1

Davis - Promoted with Vale to L1

Montano - Promoted with Bristol Rovers to L1

Kay - Promoted to the Championship with Barnsley, Huddersfield, MK Dons

Lainton - Promoted with Bury to L1

Hornby - Promoted with Burton (although didn't play any games)

Kelly - Promoted to Championship with Sheff Utd (although didn't play any games)

Green - Promoted with Dagenham, Charlton, MK Dons

Barnett - Promoted to L1 with Shrewsbury

Seems like he's trying to build a squad of players that know what to do to win and have had the pressure/experience of a promotion campaign?

Something else they have in common. All have been released, because they're not wanted, by teams (apart from Kelly from the blades) we should be at least as good as.

Advert

At least there is pedigree there with Barnett he's done it before at a couple of clubs and has some experience of scoring goals in League Two. I do hear those who aren't impressed(if I'm honest I'm not going cartwheels around the office or saying that's a cracking sign Vale well done myself) and from what Shrewsbury fans tell me he's a frustrating player but does have ability. But this is Port Vale and we're in league two, is there massively better out there?

Like Sodje lets hope he comes off. If I'm honest though I'm expecting something akin to Justin Richards a few years ago. People gave him some stick but he did get 10 or 11 goals if my memory serves?

Something else they have in common. All have been released, because they're not wanted, by teams (apart from Kelly from the blades) we should be at least as good as.

Yeah but realistically, under the current regime is anyone really expecting us to pay a fee, or sign loads of players directly from another club? I know I'm not. Maybe a few grand at a stretch for someone from non-league, but that's about it (if we're lucky).

Well at least I can see Brown's plan now. A quality right winger, a back up winger and some full backs and we have a resilient and physical League Two team. Not a great League Two team but should be stable enough in the division unless there is an injury crisis. If everything clicks and we get a gem or two on loan then could get into the play-offs but I don't see it happening personally.

But we're not as good as them, and we're either one or two leagues below most if not all of the teams these players have been released from. That's the reality of the situation.

And that's the bottom line throughout the football pyramid (the odd exception aside).

Agents and players do what's best for themselves.

All this daft rubbish and innuendo that can't be backed up is just drivel.

Innuendo ? Smurthwaite openly bragged on social media and to whoever would listen that he had mugged off a manager and players knowing full well they wouldn't accept the deals on offer.

An agent worth his salt having the option of two or three similar offers is going to steer his player away from the Vale.

There again the sun shines out of Smurthwaites ar** where you are concerned so I don't for a minute think you would understand.

Innuendo ? Smurthwaite openly bragged on social media and to whoever would listen that he had mugged off a manager and players knowing full well they wouldn't accept the deals on offer.

An agent worth his salt having the option of two or three similar offers is going to steer his player away from the Vale.

There again the sun shines out of Smurthwaites ar** where you are concerned so I don't for a minute think you would understand.

But he has taken a back seat so far this summer as the fans have asked?

Made a daft mistake the man did. Get over it. It's easy to find faults in everyone if we look hard enough.

Made a daft mistake the man did. Get over it. It's easy to find faults in everyone if we look hard enough.

A as in one daft mistake ? ruined the club and its reputation.

Getting back on topic, welcome to Vale Park Tyrone,heres to a successful couple of seasons.

Archived