onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Foley

j_grainger10

Amazes me to see comments about the players so far retained, which are mainly homegrown young players, being referred to as crap. No wonder players dont want to hang around at our club with fans like this. We should be looking forward to having homegrown players that we can relate to.

Advert

Until some decisions are made on who will own our club for next season, the management team at present are in a very difficult position re signing new player. This Synectics thing should have been kept in house, never a dull moment at the Vale

The fact that Foley left Yeovil because they got relegated, the fact the lad himself feels he should play at a higher level goes over your head.

Deliberately.

Yep the Yeovil scenario was the reason I'd have been amazed if Foley had stayed. Disappointed but what can you do if he wants to play in league 1?

Amazes me to see comments about the players so far retained, which are mainly homegrown young players, being referred to as crap. No wonder players dont want to hang around at our club with fans like this. We should be looking forward to having homegrown players that we can relate to.

Very good point. The three young lads coming through are exactly that and the idea is they will grow into being full, capable professionals - in other words become like Sam Foley who has given us proper professional service and who's been a good player for us. I'd love him to stay as he's the sort of player L2 promotion sides have but realistically he'll be looking for employment at a higher level and for possibly more money than we can offer.

Another of our better players to leave. I recall the same sort of comments when Grant left but let's be honest Grant and Foley were our best midfield players by some distance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not enough goals in either of them.

Brown's doing a brilliant job keeping the crap and letting all the quality go!

No surprise as he wants to go back down south.

Sam Kelly the next to sign and be made captain and Nathan Smith to be sacked for being too good?

It's early days yet! Give the bloke a chance!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an offensive post. To say that player are "crap" is unacceptable at every level. The recent events surrounding Aaron Lennon evidences that this type of abusive behaviour contributes to anxiety and the mental well being of football players. They are young men, who are not as experienced in life and sometimes will not have had the education to be able to express themselves in ways appropriate to deal with this dreadful attitude.

Constructive criticism is fine, we are paying customers and are entitled to our point of view. Use of this type of terminology is wholly unacceptable. I have said before that I find it even more offensive that in your user name your dare to use the name of the great Robbie Earle a true hero of Port Vale, a fine decent man and a man who has worked hard to reduce racism (another form of abuse) in football. How dare you associate your blinkered abusive comments with that fine gentleman.

Bloody hell. That's a bit ott!!!! But I won't say it's a crap post - I wouldn't want the criticism for having an opinion on people

Bloody hell. That's a bit ott!!!! But I won't say it's a crap post - I wouldn't want the criticism for having an opinion on people

I think you are missing the point, if you think a player is slow, can`t head etc is one thing, he may be able to improve etc, but what help is it telling him he is a load of crap?

I think you are missing the point, if you think a player is slow, can`t head etc is one thing, he may be able to improve etc, but what help is it telling him he is a load of crap?

What does telling him he's slow or can't head the ball help?

Crap for summarises the players overall inabilities including his general lack of pace, his poor passing range, his inability to recover against opponents, his inadeqaices with the ball in attacking positions, his shooting etc. I actually think Pugh isn't bad in the air so that saved him from my overall analysis dropping from crap to utter crap.

It's a clearly understandable descriptive word which doesn't constitute foul language and is used daily by millions to describe poor quality in any selected field.

I find the objection to it by the original poster utterly bizarre to be honest given the level of atrocious abuse the owner and selected others receive daily. Crikey look at the abuse handed out to players from terraces up and down the country weekcin week out. I don't moan at players at the games.

Still each to their own.

Archived