onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Fleetwood v Port Vale

Fosse69

Don't hold your breath, yewth. The first offer for Smith over £100k and Smurf will take it. Sorry to be so cynical but this season has taught me that the aim is to get your money back at any cost.

yeah no doubt that will happen but if smurf is here next season he owes us fans a ******* lot after this season im not looking forward for next season at all :(

Advert

Gutted. I remember the promotion party in 2013 but guess what? We're going to do it again next season, lets have a complete change of the squad during the summer and spend all next season being champions with championship-worthy players. Keep the faith and up the vale!

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

I concur with this view. Quickly sort out the ownership and the management so we can prepare for the start of the season and I am sure positivity will return to Vale Park.

Well over dramatic in my opinion.

But absolutely 100 per cent accurate.

Don't blame Saliero, a foreign player who didn't settle, 1 per cent his fault at tops. Maybe 5 per cent Brown's fault for learning mistakes but that is ok. The rest nearly all the owner, 90 per cent to blame for this fiasco, and anyone who defends him after this has zero understanding of football in every sense. You know who you are and STILL argue bitterly that the stupid loon isn't to blame. REPtiles stick together ?

Smurf - thanks for taking us down.

Michael Brown - you can get us back up if you are given the job and a decent budget - but for your own sake, if the demented snott-pigg gives you a rubbish budget or wont give you 100 per cent control over signings/retained list, tell him to stuff it and walk away and work where you will be appreciated.

I think MB will be a very good manager if he gets half a chance.

Are people forgetting Brown lost 5 consecutive games without scoring? Defeats to Chesterfield and Coventry?

Yes he's had a horrific time. But 2 points from those 5 games would keep us up. We've huffed and puffed but we haven't been good enough under him. 2 battling performances against Walsall reserves and Fleetwood who after 10 minutes knew they weren't going up isn't enough to justify him getting the job.

We need to completely put this season behind us, and as harsh as some may think it is, Brown is included in that.

Great radio interview by MB. Give him the job, give him a competitive budget and give it a go next season.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Don't be taken in. If we'd just got two draws in our two easiest away games of the season (Coventry and Chesterfield), we'd be safe. I've had enough of taking risks on unproven rookie managers. We need a battle hardened L1/L2 manager who's seen and done enough to bring us straight back up, not someone learning on the job. I wish MB all the best but let someone else take a chance on him.

Brown must hang his head in shame. As should Norman, Bruno and the players. A bad day for PVFC. Not the worst, and Smurf can rescue this situation if he isn't a complete and utter pleb.

Not holding my breath.

Smurf is 100% at fault. I don't blame Brown he's had no financial support, had his better players sold from under him and has to deal with the consequences of a preseason akin to a holiday camp.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Smurf is 100% at fault. I don't blame Brown he's had no financial support, had his better players sold from under him and has to deal with the consequences of a preseason akin to a holiday camp.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We scored 16 goals since January. You telling me a better manager couldnt have done better?

None of our players scored more than 10 goals. Jones got 9 before January. You saying none of the strikers should take any blame for not scoring?

Mehmet and Fasan's displays earlier in the season? No blame at all?

I think we all know the real villian here to this disaster of a season but surely others are at fault? We were dire first game of the season away at Bradford.

Guest TommyMac

Overall Brown has got less out the players than Ribeiro did and I'd have thought that was nigh on impossible.

Try to hold on to Smith, Streete, Turner, Reeves and Gibbons. The rest can **** off as can Smurthwaite, Brown and the backroom staff.

Are people forgetting Brown lost 5 consecutive games without scoring? Defeats to Chesterfield and Coventry?

Yes he's had a horrific time. But 2 points from those 5 games would keep us up. We've huffed and puffed but we haven't been good enough under him. 2 battling performances against Walsall reserves and Fleetwood who after 10 minutes knew they weren't going up isn't enough to justify him getting the job.

We need to completely put this season behind us, and as harsh as some may think it is, Brown is included in that.

Don't be deflected from the main task of getting rid of the brain dead owner, who will want Brown blamed to absolve himself of criticism for almost insane decisions from May to New Year and through that transfer window.

Archived