onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Fleetwood v Port Vale

Fosse69

Well, we have found the tunnel, but there is a massive gate, and the key is in a cup final trophy. As last night we have to go for a win, a tall order, but Fleetwood are sure of a PO place and if Bolton get some early goals they may relax, but we cannot rely on that. The 3 points are in our hands, lets build on the away winning run and also do the first double of the season at the last game. Then we can expect Northampton to beat Gills for managerial pride (6 goals would be nice to cover a draw), and Southend to beat Bury for a PO chance. We only need one of them, but firstly we have to score more goals than Fleetwood. Carry on dreaming for a few days and hope for a magnificent display at the last, and soar away with the Eagle. I leave the team selection to the experts:smile:

Advert

Had a feeling it would come down to this & they'd drag us through the maximum amount of pain possible!

Backed Walsall last night, they ruined my accumulator & couldn't have been happier. I reckon we just need to win & we'll stay up, as I don't think the other two will get results.

Need a big - no, MASSIVE performance. I'll be there to hopefully witness it, & also witness the biggest mental in years when Eagles scores again & we go clear of the drop zone, sending the Gills down. :smile:

Streete upfront from the off anyone? Bikey back in central defence.

Kiko on one wing Eagles on the other, constant balls into the box.

Dan Turner may not be fit enough to start 3 games in a row/week, but I'd still stick someone else up top. Love him or loathe him Reg may be the man. He'd surely show more fight than JJ.

Will Pugh have the legs to play again? I would start him but if not fully fit then De Freitas in the middle.

I hope we can get some more tickets as it a not to miss game and thats down to those who represented the club last night .

So pleased for the 462 travelling supporters and what a goal worthy of winning any game and what a lift to everyone connected with the club .

A goal that changes everything its a shame it didnt come a few games earlier because it deserved to .

Im absolutely buzzing that we beat the bogey team Walsall and have given ourselves a shot at staying up .

Those players should feel ten foot tall today and it should send them into sundays midday showdown with confidence and BELIEF.

Ive got a feeling Billy Reeves may score or young Dan Turner or preferably both .

Local lads doing the Vale proud .

Eagles is a superb player and his two goals v Wimbledon and Walsall were magnificent .

Would i put Streete up front ,maybe i would but then id love c Reg score a goal away .

Sam Kelly is due a goal aswell and young Smithy might bullet header one in .

Im not looking at what they could do to us ,i darent then aint third because they r poor they r third because they deserve to be .

Im Vale though and i only want c what we can do .

I think last night was pivotal ,well done all .

All i can to those who r going u shout like mad for them and who knows we could be playing in league one again next season .

I believe both Bury and Gillingham will lose so everything to play for .

UTV

What a night last night. Wonder if the Vale Players can find another win again and we complete the great escape or will it be a step too far.

The fans will be the extra player on the pitch again without a doubt. Just hope the fat lady is stuck in Seg-Vegas and can not interfere with the match like she has done numerous times this season.

If we stay up then it will be like a promotion for us. Just hope the four officials are decent and neutral during the match. Here's hoping the players all turn up and are not put off by the importance of the game.

We can win this, we beat them under Bruno during the mega bad run (all be it clung on!) so its doable. Have to believe..,. and pray. A performance ala Scunthorpe away or Southend without the defensive lapse will do.

Don't know why but I have a feeling Big Reg will go down in folklore with a lateish winner.

Archived