onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Beza

Advert

He needs to make the Season Ticket price no more than a tenner a game. £150 a ST would go some way to keeping some fans on board. I don't think he wanted this but it's happened and now he needs to fix it sharp or give someone else the reins.

To be honest It won't make a difference to me what the price is. After having a ST consecutively since 84,apart from a 5 year break due to work and family commitments,I'm so fed up of the way I'm treated as a fan by the club(Smurf) I'm not buying unless the chairman and Brown go. It could be free to get in for the season and I still won't be purchasing one.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

According to Carpetman on'Pint of Vale'Smurf is staying.

I know I am probably going to be shot down for this, but please be sure I aren't particularly a Norman fan one way or the other. I really only want my team to succeed and do things in a more careful manner to ultimately protect the longevity of the club for generations to come.

Norman has made some mistakes let's not argue about that, but are they as bad as some others have done in football? At the start of Norman's reign I was personally quite inspired by his approach which ended in us being promoted and let's not forget, Normans own cash gave us the boost at the time to cross the line, by funding some good signings.

At the start of this season too, I for one liked that we were trying something different as did many of the fans I know. I think we all are saddened how it's turned out, probably non more than Norman himself.

Now let's look at next season because I think this one is over and relegation is all but done.

If Norman wants to stay, as long as he starts to operate again to galavansise the fans I personally would support him.

He should come out and say how bad he feels about the relegation, just as all we do. Talk up looking for a quality manager and provide sufficient funds for him to clear out the squad and bring in some quality league 2 players. It's so clear that when a board, managers and players are all pulling together, in the main clubs progress.

Personally, it won't take much and Norman can bring everything together and get us back to league 1 in 12 months.

Otherwise, if we keep on battling against him I can see our club disappearing into oblivion and never returning for our future generations.

I am tired of all this, I just want to see everyone pulling together so I can enjoy my match days as I used too.

Is this too much to ask ?

i want to hear a statement or anything about this season, the managers future and where we go from here. We've heard nothing at all and just hit rock bottom, i for one wont be buying a season ticket and that hurts to say unless this goon gives us something worth going for.

So come on norman this is your **** up put it right for the clubs sake and make people want to come watch the vale again.

Everything that he has done has been a disaster. No strategy just shotgun decisions made on the hoof have created this situation. If he'd had the common sense to appoint an experienced manager instead of Brown then there is a valid case to make that we wouldn't be in this position. But he didn't he thought he was being smart by going for the cheap option - again!

It's nothing to do with making appeasing statements etc. He's useless as the owner of a football club and the sooner he admits this to himself and sells up the better.

Even that is not as simple as it appears due to the fact that he separated the club from the ground. No one is going to buy just the club and rely on income through the gates as the sole source of income. We can all speculate why he did this and in my view it wasn't anything to do with what is in the best interests of the club.

The longer he stays the deeper we will fall and the harder the road back becomes.

To put it simply - I despise him for what he has done to this club out of a mixture of ineptitude and self-interest.

Everything that he has done has been a disaster. No strategy just shotgun decisions made on the hoof have created this situation. If he'd had the common sense to appoint an experienced manager instead of Brown then there is a valid case to make that we wouldn't be in this position. But he didn't he thought he was being smart by going for the cheap option - again!

It's nothing to do with making appeasing statements etc. He's useless as the owner of a football club and the sooner he admits this to himself and sells up the better.

Even that is not as simple as it appears due to the fact that he separated the club from the ground. No one is going to buy just the club and rely on income through the gates as the sole source of income. We can all speculate why he did this and in my view it wasn't anything to do with what is in the best interests of the club.

The longer he stays the deeper we will fall and the harder the road back becomes.

To put it simply - I despise him for what he has done to this club out of a mixture of ineptitude and self-interest.

Bert, I acknowledge and respect your post. But the club can be saved. Let's be honest, we are a third division club whom has been slightly above and slightly below this position.

The reason we all love football is because we can dream. But realistically I can't see us much higher than we have been in recent years unless some wealthy person comes in and throws money at it, sadly that's modern football.

I just hope we don't all argue, disagree and fight amongst ourselves because when Norman heads back to Coventry he won't care.

It's us that will suffer.

Everything that he has done has been a disaster. No strategy just shotgun decisions made on the hoof have created this situation.

The whole Bruno/foreign players/bring em in and sell em on thing was a strategy..it was a load of horlicks but it was a strategy. Even going for the cheap options was a strategy..a cr@p one but a strategy none the less

Unless he now has a strategy that he can convince people is a winner and it turns out it is a winner then there is simply no basis for believing he can take the club forward based in what he has done in the past. If he wants to stay then we need that strategy now and need to be convinced by it.

The whole Bruno/foreign players/bring em in and sell em on thing was a strategy..it was a load of horlicks but it was a strategy. Even going for the cheap options was a strategy..a cr@p one but a strategy none the less

Unless he now has a strategy that he can convince people is a winner and it turns out it is a winner then there is simply no basis for believing he can take the club forward based in what he has done in the past. If he wants to stay then we need that strategy now and need to be convinced by it.

Good post Johnny. As long as he has that strategy and comes out with it, unless anything better comes along I think we should unite and go with it.

Just not sure whether Norman will come out with anything. Hope he does.

What having a strategy means to me is having a plan that runs over a number of seasons where we make noticeable moves forward. Not knee jerk reactions and then praying to whoever your god is that they work. So what you mention are not strategic in my book more like having an idea and keeping fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

What having a strategy means to me is having a plan that runs over a number of seasons where we make noticeable moves forward. Not knee jerk reactions and then praying to whoever your god is that they work. So what you mention are not strategic in my book more like having an idea and keeping fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Football fans are too impatient to wait for 5 year plans. Everybody wants instant success these days.

Good post Johnny. As long as he has that strategy and comes out with it, unless anything better comes along I think we should unite and go with it.

Just not sure whether Norman will come out with anything. Hope he does.

Even so, with his record, people will take a lot of convincing.

Archived