onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Beza

Football fans are too impatient to wait for 5 year plans. Everybody wants instant success these days.

SuperValiant I aren't even bothered if we are successful or not. I just want a professionally run club with good people at the helm and a manager who knows what he's doing so I can turn up and enjoy my day watching a match with a group of lads who play with pride for the badge win,loose or draw. I also don't want to feel constantly belittled and lied to by the owner. If I wanted success I would buy a ST for Man City.

Clearly I'm asking to much for Vale and can't be arsed with it anymore unless changes are made.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

As far as having a connection with the club, I'm convinced that Norman couldn't care less with what happens to Port Vale. And he never has.

He's only ever been in it for himself. The evidence is there.

We are going down. This is now almost certain reality. It wouldn't surprise me if he stayed and ran the club further into the ground. I stated this 12 months ago and got abused. Now it looks a distinct possibility.

SuperValiant I aren't even bothered if we are successful or not. I just want a professionally run club with good people at the helm and a manager who knows what he's doing so I can turn up and enjoy my day watching a match with a group of lads who play with pride for the badge win,loose or draw. I also don't want to feel constantly belittled and lied to by the owner. If I wanted success I would buy a ST for Man City.

Clearly I'm asking to much for Vale and can't be arsed with it anymore unless changes are made.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Not this season you wouldn't.:wink:

As far as having a connection with the club, I'm convinced that Norman couldn't care less with what happens to Port Vale. And he never has.

He's only ever been in it for himself. The evidence is there.

We are going down. This is now almost certain reality. It wouldn't surprise me if he stayed and ran the club further into the ground. I stated this 12 months ago and got abused. Now it looks a distinct possibility.

Spunkers you took a while to wake up mate but you have defo put over your points with a true from the heart feeling of dislike towards this numpty that is dragging our club down.

Sorry about that, not intentional, we just have a different opinion on status, mine based on 70 years of watching the Vale, which is now becoming tedious.

Ok my bad there. But it is tedious for some of us too and I dread the feeling of another how many years in L1 and L2 while those other lot down the road are thriving in the Premiership.

The thing is with no John Rudge type era the club could be very grim to watch, an ageing stadium without concourses and crap lower league football. It will just die out. Times have changed. People will lose interest.

Think back to the eve of the season and the owner wasn't talking about us having a great season and the hope of a return back to the 2nd tier. No he was savouring the thought of selling Smith and Cililia in the January window and Ribero moving on to higher things (with a nice pay off no doubt for the owner).

So it is clear as day that the bloke was only interested in lining his own pocket and were not the words of a man who has a plan to make the Vale a bigger or more successful team. I cannot put into words how angry this arrogant conman makes me feel. For the good of everyone concerned get out of the club.

So he's not going to sell and he's not going to improve his decision making? That'll have them queueing down Hamil Road to the ticket office.

Improve his decision making? The man is mid-50s. That ship sailed many moons ago. I'm amazed the man has become a millionaire. One would think that would require shrewd acumen and very precise decision making. We have seen none of this.

Think back to the eve of the season and the owner wasn't talking about us having a great season and the hope of a return back to the 2nd tier. No he was savouring the thought of selling Smith and Cililia in the January window and Ribero moving on to higher things (with a nice pay off no doubt for the owner).

So it is clear as day that the bloke was only interested in lining his own pocket and were not the words of a man who has a plan to make the Vale a bigger or more successful team. I cannot put into words how angry this arrogant conman makes me feel. For the good of everyone concerned get out of the club.

Actually, he promised the fans top 6 which has feuled the anger of the fans to a greater extent.

Archived