onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve Him Out..... The only solution?

old sage

I still don't understand why he won't sell to Synetics? They want the club and the majority of fans would back them.

Is it because Normans's ego can't take someone else being more popular than him?

I really doubt they want the club that much, smacks of Choudry all over again to me.

Advert

Over the last year or two we have all seen a downward spiral in the direction the club is heading. Relegation to the 4th tier I believe will only be the beginning of our ultimate demise. A short while ago I like many more Vale fans I was full of anticipation. Promises had been made by our new owner saying that he would take the club back to the dizzy heights of the Championship. We were all living the dream.

Sadly it became clear that the man at the helm hadn't got a clue of how to deliver on these big promises. Trying to run the club single handedily and cutting the wage budget certainly wasn't my idea of how to improve Port Vale F C.

Whether we are relegated or not to me makes very little difference to the fact that Norman Smurthwaite must leave the club before he inflicts any more damage to the Club and our already tarnished image.

The list of reasons why he must be removed is endless. His rudeness and arrogance melts into insignificance compared to the general damage that he has inflicted on the Club.

The big issue is how do we persuade the man that it his time is up? Personally I believe that it needs a total boycott from purchasing Season Tickets. I am well aware that I will get slated by many fans who misguidedly will carry on buying one regardless. Stop and think about it do you want this man in charge any longer? To do nothing for me is no longer an option, Smurthwaite has got to be made aware once and for all that he isn't wanted and we won't support his mission to destroy the Club that we have loyally supported for decades. I'm getting too old to wait for a re-incarnation by natural means and have no wish to stand outside the main entrance protesting.

I'm sure that by inflicting 'short term pain will result in long term gain' and if I'm wrong well surely the pain we are currently going through couldn't possibly get any worse. As things stand I can see no light at the end of this long black tunnel and hope is something that supporting a lower league club is imperative.

That's happening by natural means, where I sit it was the main topic of conversation last match and I was surprised at the number of blokes who said they were hanging on to see what was happening in the close season.

Muppet

Lets hope any potential investors never get to read this site

Potential investors will already know what the situation with the club is, they will be interested in the accounts, future growth prospects ect.they wont read whats on here, you Sir are a bigger muppet than Smurthwaite and that takes some doing ....Take a bow.

Since the last Starve Em Out campaign resulted in us being where we are now, does anyone think it would be a good idea to do it again?

Nah mate. Try harder. I know you're desperately trying and salvage some of mar mate Bill's reputation, but its gone mate. Let it go son.

What SEO did was remove V2001 from the club, wiped the debt, and gave us a fantastic opportunity to start afresh after a decade of continuous decline. SEO, or no other supporters, had any say in who bought the club next.

We're in this position because the man who bought the club next happened to be egotistical, incompetent, and footballing illiterate. Thats why 'we are where we are'.

I don't even think a concerted SEO campaign is needed. Attendances are plummeting, and relegation will only exacerbate the issue. People aren't bothered and it will be more of a 'I ain't spending £250 on Lg2 football" protest as opposed to "Smurf needs to go".

A triumph for SEO, non league football beckons. I just wish some of you would acknowledge that, however well meant, pulling the rug from under V2001 without a workable plan B was partially responsible for our current sutuation. I am fed up with the "we had to do it, V2001 were killing the club" attitude. That is all.

I could hear quite a lot of anger and frustration with our owner in the crowd on Saturday. However nobody was willing to harness it into some sort of collective show of disapproval. Yet.

I don't know if there simply isn't the appetite to protest any more, or if it just needs one or two people to stick their heads over the parapet for more people to join in.

That said, several hundred have been silently protesting with their feet every week.

I take a different view. It is about supporting Port Vale no matter what league we are in. Like everyone else i am fed up of problems and Norman Smurthwaite's ineptitude but there is still life at the Vale and a heart beat. The challenge goes on and one day we may once again restore some pride to Vale Park.

A triumph for SEO, non league football beckons. I just wish some of you would acknowledge that, however well meant, pulling the rug from under V2001 without a workable plan B was partially responsible for our current sutuation. I am fed up with the "we had to do it, V2001 were killing the club" attitude. That is all.

Stop talking soft. We'd have been non league ages ago if them lot were still in charge.

Too many fans have had enough and are just walking away. Any attempt to sell the club with decreasing fan base with be impossible at the asking prices suggested.

SEO campaign not needed.

Only thing needed is NS to ask a sensible price (to not include a refund for his expenses and errors) or NS to take a little pride dent admit mistakes have been made, show that NS can learn from them, invest in the squad for next season and regain trust through actions.

Fans can then accept the change, regain love for the club, NS can then stand a chance of getting his asking price, and everyones a winner.

The current stand off is just a loser for the club, the fans, and NS ego.

Not sure NS wants to be remembered for the man who destroyed and damage the club. Ego surely is bigger than that.

Still chance to turn around and be remembered for achieving long term success.

As others have said, we don't need a campaign as it's already happening its just not for the reason of getting Norman out but because fans have just had enough. We lost a lot at the end of last season and we will do again at the end of this season. I normally pay for my season tickets as soon as they go on sale but this time i am waiting until i see the players we have signed. If it's a bunch of people I've never heard of then there's no way i'm paying up. The early bird incentive is not enough for me to take the risk and commit when we could end up with an even worse team. We definitely need a better team than we have now to even try to be competitive in league 2

League 2 beckons this season and we have an owner, who knows where it will stop... not long ago we were in the running for promotion and we didnt have an owner... go figure.

That was all 6 years ago. There were right and wrong options at every turn and those in charge consistently chose the wrong ones (the underhand EGM shenanigans, Miller, Bratt et al issuing the unpaid shares, the Ryder fiasco...). There is quite a long leap between SEO and Norman becoming owner and chairman.

In very blunt terms SEO underlines what happens when a business alienates its customers. I wouldn't go out of my way to support such a campaign but I can quite easily see myself drifting away and doing something else with my weekends.

As others have said, we don't need a campaign as it's already happening its just not for the reason of getting Norman out but because fans have just had enough. We lost a lot at the end of last season and we will do again at the end of this season. I normally pay for my season tickets as soon as they go on sale but this time i am waiting until i see the players we have signed. If it's a bunch of people I've never heard of then there's no way i'm paying up. The early bird incentive is not enough for me to take the risk and commit when we could end up with an even worse team. We definitely need a better team than we have now to even try to be competitive in league 2

You're not alone. Can't recall the last time at VP there was a feel good factor and a feeling coming away from the ground when I thought 'i enjoyed that, great game' and felt 'entertained'! (well actually England Ladies v Italy was a great game and atmosphere, and far more enjoyable a game with good players, effort, team spirit and committment) - but from PV its just not there anymore.

Sadly many fans wont renew season tickets and will simply find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Archived