onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve Him Out..... The only solution?

old sage

Despite the B&G campaign, the SEO campaign was the one that made the previous leeches sit-up and take notice.

Any cuts to a company's funding, especially one as ****** as ours, is bound to hit him hard.

But I can't see many fans endorsing or supporting it and TBH I don't think that anyone would take the lead on it given all of the bile an hate that came our collective ways 5 years ago.

You've only got to see the immediate reaction to to it on here.

Apathy rules.

Who was being apathetic on the 1st page?

Advert

It won't work. Smurf will just set the budget at a level that reflects the income of the club. With all the fixed costs we'll be competing with Leek Town and Kidsgrove for players.

He's got the message, he wants out. It's who he sells to that is the problem.

I think Smurf favours the Boston hedge funders out of the 2 as the Millwall chairman apparently knows them and speaks highly of them

Over the last year or two we have all seen a downward spiral in the direction the club is heading. Relegation to the 4th tier I believe will only be the beginning of our ultimate demise. A short while ago I like many more Vale fans I was full of anticipation. Promises had been made by our new owner saying that he would take the club back to the dizzy heights of the Championship. We were all living the dream.

Sadly it became clear that the man at the helm hadn't got a clue of how to deliver on these big promises. Trying to run the club single handedily and cutting the wage budget certainly wasn't my idea of how to improve Port Vale F C.

Whether we are relegated or not to me makes very little difference to the fact that Norman Smurthwaite must leave the club before he inflicts any more damage to the Club and our already tarnished image.

The list of reasons why he must be removed is endless. His rudeness and arrogance melts into insignificance compared to the general damage that he has inflicted on the Club.

The big issue is how do we persuade the man that it his time is up? Personally I believe that it needs a total boycott from purchasing Season Tickets. I am well aware that I will get slated by many fans who misguidedly will carry on buying one regardless. Stop and think about it do you want this man in charge any longer? To do nothing for me is no longer an option, Smurthwaite has got to be made aware once and for all that he isn't wanted and we won't support his mission to destroy the Club that we have loyally supported for decades. I'm getting too old to wait for a re-incarnation by natural means and have no wish to stand outside the main entrance protesting.

I'm sure that by inflicting 'short term pain will result in long term gain' and if I'm wrong well surely the pain we are currently going through couldn't possibly get any worse. As things stand I can see no light at the end of this long black tunnel and hope is something that supporting a lower league club is imperative.

I agree with the end goal, Norman simply has to go, anyone who genuinely cares about the club knows that. However, I don't think we need a scheme such as SEO again. I think it's happening already through apathy. SEO in 2011/12 lead to a lower number of ST sales, but I still think we'll get lower this season without any sort of campaign. All Norman would do is use it to blame the fans, you can already see from this Penny Black WUM, the excuses are already piling up to deflect blame from Norman. Nothing is ever Norman's fault, his supporters on here, facebook and twitter are making Brown their scapegoat simply to deflect attention from Norman. We're seeing responses here where this thread is being used to influence potential investors :laugh::doh: As if!! I think the league position, attendance trend, a quick visit to companies house, and a conversation with Norman where he tells them his asking price, is enough for any serious investor to run for the hills (unless of course they care for the club given the fact they're fans).

As l was privy to all 4 bids can l just say money talks

The other day you were saying it wasn't about the money, it was about who would be taking over...make your mind up. You share the same IQ as Norman, even if you're not him. The fact that decisions affecting our club are being made by Norman, with you also privy to the information potentially influencing his decision, is very very worrying.

Muppet

Lets hope any potential investors never get to read this site

If they were interested in the business because of what the fans think of an egotistical chairman continually making mistakes I doubt they would buy... although they may consider reducing the offer accordingly.

I would be far more interested in buyers who scrutinize the books forensically before deciding what changes could be made to improve.

Since the last Starve Em Out campaign resulted in us being where we are now, does anyone think it would be a good idea to do it again?

It got rid of 2001... it didnt bring smurf in... it just opened the door the same as smurf selling would do... we have no control over who buys and very little control over who owns/the incumbent

If they were interested in the business because of what the fans think of an egotistical chairman continually making mistakes I doubt they would buy... although they may consider reducing the offer accordingly.

I would be far more interested in buyers who scrutinize the books forensically before deciding what changes could be made to improve.

I think that the League we are in will influence potential buyers more than what is written on here as any offer they have made could be vastly reduced should we get relegated

As l was privy to all 4 bids can l just say money talks

I'm getting seriously pi**ed off with you now, you are getting just like Smurf, forgetting what you said and when you said it ,in #22 I'm still angry you said

" Defending no

Putting right a lot of lies yes

I am not prvy to anything now so can come clean on a lot of rubbish posted on here and elsewhere

Not sure anyone can defend his recent Manager appointments "

Why on earth would Smurthwaite discuss all his business with a supplier of goods and services.

Your not fooling me..... Do one.

I'm getting seriously pi**ed off with you now, you are getting just like Smurf, forgetting what you said and when you said it ,in #22 I'm still angry you said

" Defending no

Putting right a lot of lies yes

I am not prvy to anything now so can come clean on a lot of rubbish posted on here and elsewhere

Not sure anyone can defend his recent Manager appointments "

Why on earth would Smurthwaite discuss all his business with a supplier of goods and services.

Your not fooling me..... Do one.

Its a disturbing thought... if true

Why would a disgruntled ex creditor be privy to such information

Archived