onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why can't we win away ?!

Advert

After watching today, it's the first time I've thought that we will go down. Maybe there will be some surprises, but I'm expecting nothing.

We're alright at home, but our complete inability to perform away will send us down.

There's only so much optimism I can offer.

Tactics.

Yep. Brown's approach to away games seems to be to try and keep it tight (i.e. at 0-0) for the first 70 or so minutes and then maybe try and nick it in the last 15-20. There's no ambition whatsoever to go out from the start and try and win the game, which, against opposition the likes of Coventry and Chesterfield is utterly disgraceful.

That, coupled with the ridiculous amount of injuries that he's brought on the squad by obviously over-training them in an attempt to try and "get some fitness into them" has him equally culpable as the joke of a manager that was Ribeiro for our current situation. His points-per-game record since taking charge must be clear relegation form in its own right, and remember, he's not been parachuted into the club from the outside with no previous knowledge.

Having said that, and of course we all know (except for the half dozen or so brown-nosing t0ssers on here), the ultimate blame for all of this goes to the clueless, naive, arrogant idiot owner/chairman, who STILL hasn't got a clue (and obviously never will have) about running the football side of the club 4 and a half years after taking over.

No cutting edge up front simple. Our lack of ability to finish teams off have cost us.

Virtually every game I've seen this season I've seen us get 2/3rds of the way up the field and produce absolutely nothing, all games have been crying out for an experienced striker to put the ball in the onion bag like we had with Lee Hughes a few years ago. But smurf thinks that there are strikers out there better than what we had a few years ago who are willing to play for two buttons and a bag of herbal tablets. Well good luck with that one smurf you complete idiot!

I can't believe I'm saying this but from the current crop of strikers (Hooper, Forrester, & Reggie) all of them make Ben Williamson or AJ Lietch-Smith look like Antoine Griezmann.

Yep. Brown's approach to away games seems to be to try and keep it tight (i.e. at 0-0) for the first 70 or so minutes and then maybe try and nick it in the last 15-20. There's no ambition whatsoever to go out from the start and try and win the game, which, against opposition the likes of Coventry and Chesterfield is utterly disgraceful.

That, coupled with the ridiculous amount of injuries that he's brought on the squad by obviously over-training them in an attempt to try and "get some fitness into them" has him equally culpable as the joke of a manager that was Ribeiro for our current situation. His points-per-game record since taking charge must be clear relegation form in its own right, and remember, he's not been parachuted into the club from the outside with no previous knowledge.

Having said that, and of course we all know (except for the half dozen or so brown-nosing t0ssers on here), the ultimate blame for all of this goes to the clueless, naive, arrogant idiot owner/chairman, who STILL hasn't got a clue (and obviously never will have) about running the football side of the club 4 and a half years after taking over.

A pretty accurate summary apart from not adding that most of the players we have simply aren't good enough, an issue that could continue to be a problem in L2 next season if there isn't a sensible major rebuild in the summer (something that's becoming an annual requirement).

A pretty accurate summary apart from not adding that most of the players we have simply aren't good enough, an issue that could continue to be a problem in L2 next season if there isn't a sensible major rebuild in the summer (something that's becoming an annual requirement).
My worry is who will want to come, who will want to manage us, who will pay for it all?

The bit I don't get is that we've been terrible away from home for years - under Adams and Page we rarely if ever won (this season takes the biscuit however). But that's 4 managers and probably about 100 players, and we've never had a team who can get an away win

The fans turn up and most of the players don't . Cant help but feel that David Artells rant a few weeks back to the Crewe players is relevant. He said keep on playing like this and Crewe will end up playing Conference football with a team who are part timers earning £200 per week and another job as a milkman.

So Vale players looks like milkman it is then. Mines 2 pints of Sterilised.

Away from home we show no ambition. Even if we did we don't have the players to execute the plan anyway. The chairman has been tricked into bringing in a load of no marks and we have yet another manager who can't motivate. Thank God I was around during the Rudgie era. I can close my eyes and Vale are this magical team again.

Archived