onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Louis dodds

yorky valiant

He is a player that really frustrates me! Example: yesterday vs shewsbury he started off ok challening for balls getting involved then for 70 minutes he was not involved at all and when he got subbed everyone sat round me was saying thank f*** doffs has gone off! He clearly can finish but is that all enough! Every season I've hoped we could resign him but if he got release at end of this season I won't miss him! I'm 50/50 on him! Any thoughts?

Advert

Very surprised he was offered another contract. Has ability and a very good finisher but wanders around the pitch always looking like he's playing in the wrong position, does not put the work rate in. To me he's no more than a useful sub. Where I was sat in the lorne street he was having quite a bit of stick from some fans, I hope he's not going to be the latest boo boy though.

I haven't seen Doddsie this season because of my boycott but I'm disappointed that he is failing to make an impact. I feel that he suffers by being used as a utility player and he is becoming a 'jack of all trades but a master of none'.

Adams though must appreciate him because he usually gets him involved at some stage of a game.

Vale's needs are obvious at least one wide player who can deliver a decent cross for the Holy man (Pope). Taylor and Haldane when he was fit are incapable of hitting a good cross. Adams actually got rid of our best crosser when Chris Taylor got released.It does make me wonder if the Messiah is as astute as many believe. Perhaps now that he has a pair of glasses he will see the problem.

Have always said he us by far the most over rated vale player in my 27 years of support. He should have been released last year. There as some who think signing him makes Sinnott a master in the transfer market, other bang on about him being the first name on the team sheet and him being the best finisher at the club (not sure when or how that became the accepted wisdom), but he has not performed or won a regular start for 5 different managers (6 if you include Micky twice). Perhaps he has suffered from

Being a 'jack of all trades' because he isn't good enough for a specific position and so just fills the gaps where necessary. Some think he must be great because Micky re signed him on a new contract, but let's be honest the transfer Market isnt mickys strong point.

Should be released next summer whatever league we are in, and he will no doubt find another team who will then spend 2 years trying to figure out where to play him.

Dodds is an appalling player, one who has no commitment, passion or drive to his game wasting the footballing ability he clearly possess.

Along with Yates, Green and Griffith he needs releasing ASAP

What so we have no squad, why on earth would you contemplate releasing griff? And even yates I agree he has been very poor but release him and it leaves a huge hole in the squad. And dodds is very 50/50 great finisher but dosent turn up half the time.

He's not a winger. His best position is behind the front men. He would score 12 / 13+ is that position, but on the wing he can't tackle strongly, isn't particularly fast and wanders in field anyway leaving space behind him. Yates was at fault often yes, but he had very little cover and was exposed as a result.

He is a player that really frustrates me! Example: yesterday vs shewsbury he started off ok challening for balls getting involved then for 70 minutes he was not involved at all and when he got subbed everyone sat round me was saying thank f*** doffs has gone off! He clearly can finish but is that all enough! Every season I've hoped we could resign him but if he got release at end of this season I won't miss him! I'm 50/50 on him! Any thoughts?

Dodds is a total footballer playing in a hoof ball league he would be better off in a better team and higher league then little old Port Vale:D

He is a better footballer then roberts and Rico :whistling: waiting for the 2 year old tantrums to start (just my opinium) :D

He's a ****** striker, and those that say he doesn't work hard have short memories. Don't use yesterday's performance as his performance for the whole season.

Collectively many had a poor game yesterday. If we didn't have Dodds, many in this league and dare I say in the level above would be happy to have him.

Archived