onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Louis dodds

yorky valiant

So when he scores and hes done enuff to secure points for us you sit there and dont cheer, rubbish ur probabley praising him

yeah he was crap yesterday but its a team performance and not one of them players yesterday showed commitment , passion or nething.

Why wouldn't he cheer if dodds scored. He plays for the vale doesn't he? We are just debating whether he should be playing or not. The kind of conversation that has happened since football was invented.

When he has scored, those that are with me always give me the 'I told you so' look because I celebrate too. However I don't spend the next ten games giving them the 'you were saying' look.

Advert

Dodds is a total footballer playing in a hoof ball league he would be better off in a better team and higher league then little old Port Vale:D

He is a better footballer then roberts and Rico :whistling: waiting for the 2 year old tantrums to start (just my opinium) :D

No tantrums, but I would genuinely like to know what you think makes him a better player than Roberts and/or Richards. His finishing can be good on his better days, I appreciate that, but what other parts of his game are better than those two ?

I would have hoped 'the best player in the world' comment was obviously tongue in cheek nod to those who think he is the best player in the squad and should have a team built around him, and many people do think that.

Comparing him to pires? Not having a best position is different to not having a position!

So you argument to keep him is that a different player did better since he left us (was released by a poor manager). That could stand for any player. Most of the players we release have not gone on to better things though.

As for the poster who is insane enough to compare dodds to Rico, it hardly deserves an answer. First name on the team sheet for the last 4 years. Over 20 goals in the last two seasons. We did have an offer from a team in the league above for him when sinnott was manager, and substantial rumours of other offers over the last few years.

'So you argument to keep him is that a different player did better since he left us'

No, not at all. I like his work rate and his improvements in various parts of his game since he joined the club. He couldn't tackle or win a header when he came here, yes he's still not the best but everyone at this level has their weaknesses. I think he's a natural finisher, and has a bit of intelligence and creativity that you need at this level.

I do agree that he isn't suited to some games and styles of play, but is always a useful player on the bench and has done well when I've seen him start this season and last.

At the moment, I really don't think we need to be talking negatively about the players when we're off to a decent start in the league and aren't anywhere near our best, personnel-wise and form (defensively).

He's not a winger apparently, but he played wide left for lincoln, and has played wide in 95% of all his games for vale under 5 managers. He even gave his position as 'left midfield' in an interview with RS?

He's not a winger, he's a left-sided midfielder who can also play up front/on the right/behind the front two (but not left back!!).

Anyway, while the team is scoring and someone like Dodds is scoring and getting assists I'm happy.

'So you argument to keep him is that a different player did better since he left us'

No, not at all. I like his work rate and his improvements in various parts of his game since he joined the club. He couldn't tackle or win a header when he came here, yes he's still not the best but everyone at this level has their weaknesses. I think he's a natural finisher, and has a bit of intelligence and creativity that you need at this level.

I do agree that he isn't suited to some games and styles of play, but is always a useful player on the bench and has done well when I've seen him start this season and last.

At the moment, I really don't think we need to be talking negatively about the players when we're off to a decent start in the league and aren't anywhere near our best, personnel-wise and form (defensively).

My opinion on dodds hasn't changed however well we have played. Unless he has had a transformation this season he can't win a header or tackle still. I agree, a useful player from the bench as he is versatile, but not to build a team around.

He's not a winger, he's a left-sided midfielder who can also play up front/on the right/behind the front two (but not left back!!).

Anyway, while the team is scoring and someone like Dodds is scoring and getting assists I'm happy.

Woinger, wide midfielder, makes no difference to the context of what was being talked about. People were saying he isn't a wide player, and that accounted for his performances. I was pointing out how ridiculous it is to say that.

Dodds is a total footballer playing in a hoof ball league he would be better off in a better team and higher league then little old Port Vale:D

He is a better footballer then roberts and Rico :whistling: waiting for the 2 year old tantrums to start (just my opinium) :D

Utter rubbish

My opinion on dodds hasn't changed however well we have played. Unless he has had a transformation this season he can't win a header or tackle still. I agree, a useful player from the bench as he is versatile, but not to build a team around.

Seriously, watch his defensive work closely next time you see him, the improvement is massive since a couple of years back!!

I saw his defensive work on TV against the Dons.

Shall we put Williamson at left back next time ? No ? How about Rigg ? Dodds is not a defensive player . His defending further up the pitch has come on under Adams , but in a Position where if he gets it wrong its a penalty or a goal and he'll struggle, as would the two above.

Can someone pul up Dodds goal to game ratio ? I'm certain its better then 1 in 10 like you said earlier ? The bloke has 2 in starts and however many sub appearances this season. Since he has been signed he has been under 5 managers, each using him differently, and Adams using him differently every week ! Name one player in other player in the squad it happens too ? Dodds, like the majority, was ***** yesterday but to single him out like some do ,especially in Lorne Street where I sit, is a joke.

Shall we put Williamson at left back next time ? No ? How about Rigg ? Dodds is not a defensive player . His defending further up the pitch has come on under Adams , but in a Position where if he gets it wrong its a penalty or a goal and he'll struggle, as would the two above.

Can someone pul up Dodds goal to game ratio ? I'm certain its better then 1 in 10 like you said earlier ? The bloke has 2 in starts and however many sub appearances this season. Since he has been signed he has been under 5 managers, each using him differently, and Adams using him differently every week ! Name one player in other player in the squad it happens too ? Dodds, like the majority, was ***** yesterday but to single him out like some do ,especially in Lorne Street where I sit, is a joke.

Chill, that comment was a joke!

Perhaps he is played all over because he isn't good enough in any of those position to lay claim to it. However, as I said, he has played 95% of his games out wide (the position that he himself says is his position). So that really is no excuse.

When I attend I have never booed him, and even cheered when he scored. I don't think dodds is out worst player, I just tend to be more vocal on here about him because I think he is the most over rated, with some over blowing his ability massively.

Chill, that comment was a joke!

Perhaps he is played all over because he isn't good enough in any of those position to lay claim to it. However, as I said, he has played 95% of his games out wide (the position that he himself says is his position). So that really is no excuse.

When I attend I have never booed him, and even cheered when he scored. I don't think dodds is out worst player, I just tend to be more vocal on here about him because I think he is the most over rated, with some over blowing his ability massively.

I disagree, her played well in central midfield against AFC, then got dropped for the next game ? fault of his own or bad management ?

Completely agree. I don't hate anyone in the side, nor am I blind to their faults, but the bashing that the lad gets is unreal. I have said previously about Roberts, I don't get this bigging him up, because for me I don't think that he has massively come on in his time at the club. He is inconsistent and goes missing himself for large portions of games, and for me he would have had to have proved himself a lot more before having his contract renewed

Archived