onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Louis dodds

yorky valiant

watch him do a Whitaker and leave us and go on and Br successful for another team...

I do agree that sometimes he goes missing and that when he plays on either wing we lack width because he wanders infield. I do think though, that he is a player with potential. His style of football doesn't really suit League Two because as people have said he doesn't have the strength or aggression but he is an excellent finisher and a player with good technique.

I think that letting him go though would be a mistake. The lad must have splinters up his **** with the amount of time he spends on the bench but I think that with enough gametime he could become an important part of the team.

He'll probably end up leaving on a free at the end of the season, going to another club and playing week in week out and making a name for himself.

Advert

you exaggerating enough lately? I don't know anyone who thinks he's as good as you seem to think they do. he's an attacking outlet with a touch of creativity and is a good finisher. he hasn't been consistent enough and lacks physical elements so it's a tough call.

I personally think on his day he's brilliant to watch, and he's getting stuck in more this season from what I've seen.

very similar to Whitaker, who was constantly slated. look what happened after, people wanted him back!!

I would have hoped 'the best player in the world' comment was obviously tongue in cheek nod to those who think he is the best player in the squad and should have a team built around him, and many people do think that.

Comparing him to pires? Not having a best position is different to not having a position!

So you argument to keep him is that a different player did better since he left us (was released by a poor manager). That could stand for any player. Most of the players we release have not gone on to better things though.

As for the poster who is insane enough to compare dodds to Rico, it hardly deserves an answer. First name on the team sheet for the last 4 years. Over 20 goals in the last two seasons. We did have an offer from a team in the league above for him when sinnott was manager, and substantial rumours of other offers over the last few years.

Dodds sounded like his best game this season was against Wimbledon, in a 3 man midfield , I think whilst we have 2 'wingers' ( I don't class Little as a winger and think RT does better as a left back come wing back) maybe we should revert to 5-3-2/4-3-3 , depending on opposition, location, etc. Ideally, against Crwho I'd like to see

GK:Martin

Def: Yates (simply put, there is noone else) Owen McComb(if fit) Taylor

Mid:Griff Loft Dodds

Upfront:Little Pope Williamson

Little and Dodds could be swapped, or put Dodds up top and start Roberts/Morsey

He's not a winger. His best position is behind the front men. He would score 12 / 13+ is that position, but on the wing he can't tackle strongly, isn't particularly fast and wanders in field anyway leaving space behind him. Yates was at fault often yes, but he had very little cover and was exposed as a result.

Totally agree. He isn't being played in any consistent position to build up any confidence and form of play. I personally feel that he will leave the Vale and hit form due to being played in the correct position CONSISTENTLY, and not being shouted from position to position during a game. I like Doddsie, definately not blind to his faults but do feel that he gets a bum deal at the club

In my opinion he goes missing way too often, is nowhere strong enough to play week in week out in a tough uncompromising league, and doesn't excel in any of them. Jack of all trades master of none is the phrase that comes to mind.

On all the occasions I have seen him he flatters to deceive.

I think you can say that about quite a few of the squad if you were honest.

He's a ****** striker, and those that say he doesn't work hard have short memories. Don't use yesterday's performance as his performance for the whole season.

Collectively many had a poor game yesterday. If we didn't have Dodds, many in this league and dare I say in the level above would be happy to have him.

Completely agree, and said the same thing at the match yesterday, but got called a Dodds lover, and it's apparently only because I fancy him. Please!!!! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally think that supporters rate Roberts too much, someone who in my opinion hasn't lived up to his start at the club and who goes missing a lot in games.

Hes not good enough. If he doesn't score, he does nothing.

He'll only score regularly if he gets a chance to play up front alongside someone like Pope. If you had a player with a chance in front of goal, Dodds would be my first choice, even ahead of Marc Richards. Playing him wide right does nobody any favours and means Yates gets no help?

Dodds is an appalling player, one who has no commitment, passion or drive to his game wasting the footballing ability he clearly possess.

Along with Yates, Green and Griffith he needs releasing ASAP

So when he scores and hes done enuff to secure points for us you sit there and dont cheer, rubbish ur probabley praising him

yeah he was crap yesterday but its a team performance and not one of them players yesterday showed commitment , passion or nething.

He's got ability. He knows where the goal is. But when he starts he's usually anonymous for long periods and doesn't contribute enough to the team. And he's been here for a while and not really developed at all. I was surprised when his contract was extended. The only role I can see for him is a super sub.

Archived