onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke by--election

Bea Smith

Advert

That's why you have been in for 50 years....because Stoke like Monkeys. That changes from tonight

Got any bets on here on tonight's result ?

I heard UKIP are so in favour of small businesses that someone who supports them found the ideal way to profit at the last election, starting an unofficial betting scam and refusing to pay out.

Can't remember his name, but of course you won't know either, will you ?

Will people stop insulting and abusing innocent little monkeys that don't lie about being at Hillsbrough, being professional footballers (not even for Ape-ol Nicosia) and a few hundred other things.

Monkeys don't pisss in pensioners gardens and try to force their way in when delivering leaflets for UKIP either.

Nuttall is several species below any monkey, or even an amoeba.

Newsnight was from Stoke last night,panel and audience.Pretty much what you are saying on the programme Santa.You may not agree with this but would grammar schools not give education a boost in the area?There are also 2 Universities in the city(ish).Ive always thought that if people want to be educated they will be.Like you say there are some bright people in the city.Those people are probably self motivated in any case.The facilities are there but need to be improved before University level.Too many younger people in the area give up before they realise they need to get educated.

I caught a bit of Newsnight, yeah. It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation at the minute. Will the right jobs attract skilled people into the city an open up new career paths to local young people in education, or do companies overlook Stoke as an area because there aren't the right people here to fill the vacancies they want to create? It's something someone cleverer than me will have to look at properly. There is a brain drain of people who have to get the train to Manchester and Birmingham every morning or move out of the area completely. Those skills are lost to the local economy.

I honestly don't know about Grammar Schools. My experience of the education system was that there were two high schools in Leek and which side of the town you were from (or which of the nearby villages) determined which one you went to. Simple as that.

I was fortunate that my old school was pretty decent although I was never really driven or self-motivated enough to take full advantage. At times I didn't know what the hell I was doing and it felt like everyone else did. My parents both failed their 11 plus, left school to go straight into the factories and didn't have any experience of post 16 education to pass on to me. I think that's a big cultural thing handed down that puts kids of middle class parents at an advantage.

This is all possibly a bit Off Topic but in order to address the problems of the city you've got to take a holistic approach which will mean going off on various tangents.

Editor of the New Statesman, George Eaton, tweeted earlier today saying that Tories and Lib Dems both predicting UKIP will come third.

Another tweet from Britain Elects saying "Source on the ground in Stoke on Trent Central says Tories are siphoning off UKIP pledges. Enthusiasm to vote is low."

Got any bets on here on tonight's result ?

I heard UKIP are so in favour of small businesses that someone who supports them found the ideal way to profit at the last election, starting an unofficial betting scam and refusing to pay out.

Can't remember his name, but of course you won't know either, will you ?

Small Busineses create jobs and competition. Labour neglected small business in their 13 years in power and helped to create the multinational dominancy we have today

Small Busineses create jobs and competition. Labour neglected small business in their 13 years in power and helped to create the multinational dominancy we have today

That's why you have been in for 50 years....because Stoke like Monkeys. That changes from tonight

Why? What's changing tonight, Carl? Care for a wager? £20, proceeds to the OVF server fund?

Editor of the New Statesman, George Eaton, tweeted earlier today saying that Tories and Lib Dems both predicting UKIP will come third.

Another tweet from Britain Elects saying "Source on the ground in Stoke on Trent Central says Tories are siphoning off UKIP pledges. Enthusiasm to vote is low."

Lib Dems of all parties predicting UKIP into 3rd place...the joke ends there.

Archived